• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New silencer sound standard?

Just tried to listen to one of Jay/Pew’s podcasts, the one released today.

My god, word salad doesn’t even begin to describe it. What a giddy huckster for his own brand.

The info that can be teased out of his podcasts is truly impressive - Jay discusses stuff that basically can't be found anywhere else. But my goodness, it's exhausting to do so for a long list of various reasons.

it's exhausting to do so for a long list of various reasons.

"boy howdy"

I listened yesterday's podcast out of curiosity, first one in a few years. It seemed to be almost entirely regurgitation, hyperbole and self congratulatory self promotion. But there are a LOT of extra words between anything that might be considered actual knowledge or data (like the mini evangelization on "what is a podcast") so I may have zoned out and missed a couple things.

He also releases "white papers". I haven't looked at one, in all the jobs I've ever had that released white papers they were provided in a format with all the tools or access to all the tools for anyone reading the white paper to reproduce the results independently.

Just tried to listen to one of Jay/Pew’s podcasts, the one released today.

My god, word salad doesn’t even begin to describe it. What a giddy huckster for his own brand.

I've tried listening to a podcast or two of his, when trying to learn about a suppressor I was interested in, and I just couldn't stand it.

I'm neutral on his endeavor PewScience, I think it's information is hyped up a bit too much, but Jay as an individual is hard to listen to.

I'm neutral on his endeavor PewScience, I think it's information is hyped up a bit too much, but Jay as an individual is hard to listen to.
I’m with you 100%.

Sometimes a person has different communication styles when writing vs. speaking.

Not Jay. Oh no. Definitely not Jay.

See the data on Jay’s comm style in my 625.34 supplement!!! Never been done before! You’re seeing it here first!!! Become a member!!! I’m high on pre-workout wooooooh!!!

I’m with you 100%.

Sometimes a person has different communication styles when writing vs. speaking.

Not Jay. Oh no. Definitely not Jay.

See the data on Jay’s comm style in my 625.34 supplement!!! Never been done before! You’re seeing it here first!!! Become a member!!! I’m high on pre-workout wooooooh!!!

Definitely 🤣

Good for Jay for taking on this endeavor - it seems like he enjoys doing it, obviously has a good foundational knowledge for it, and I hope he's also being remunerated for his efforts.

I'm not his target audience. I don't care that much about dB ratings, and ultimately I find other aspects of suppressors equally or more important than just pure sound moderation. I do think there's way too much focus on just dB ratings when it comes to suppressors.

But with all that, I respect Jay for undertaking this project. And I do hope he's making some money for his efforts.

Never even heard of this literally who faggot until a month or so ago. What a load of useless information that does nothing to elevate the reason(s) you should even buy a suppressor.

Also, anyone who uses the term "consumer" to describe CUSTOMERS or CLIENTS is a filthy, slimy, scummy kike.
I’m dying over here

Never even heard of this literally who faggot until a month or so ago. What a load of useless information that does nothing to elevate the reason(s) you should even buy a suppressor.

Also, anyone who uses the term "consumer" to describe CUSTOMERS or CLIENTS is a filthy, slimy, scummy kike.

These troll parody accounts are getting pretty funny.

And I standby what I said about using "consumer". It's a fucking disgusting term.

What word do you use to describe all people who buy and are the end users of silencers from various companies?

You're the first person I've ever seen say that calling people consumers is a disgusting term.

I'm not the only person I know who detests the term. You aren't even "consuming" a silencer so how does the term even fit? You are an end user or a customer of the company or an owner of their product.

If the use of the word "consumer" by all these large companies and governments these days doesn't bother you I don't what to say.

You might want to brush up on your definitions. Consumer means end user of a product.

Customer%20vs%20Consumer%20(300%20dpi)%20(1).jpg

So you call people that purchase or would purchase silencers as "silencer customers"?

I'd describe someone personally buying something from me as a customer. I'd describe myself as a customer if I'm talking about having purchased from a specific company. I refer to myself as a consumer when talking in general for literally any type of product when not specifically mentioning a company. You know, as the word/definition intended.

The funny thing is the utility of sites like Pew go down as you buy more suppressors lol.

I’m guessing more experienced suppressor owners start caring less and less about dB or dB-like numbers. You’re more interested in the stability of the suppressor company, the suppressor’s construction, length, weight, etc etc.

For example, I’m looking for a dedicated suppressor for an AR15 and caught myself comparing dB numbers and the thought, “Wtf most modern suppressors will quiet the shot down enough. What I really don’t want is the gas to the face.”

Seems like a main audience of Pew’s is n00bs. Another audience is nerds. TBAC’s open suppressor standard and testing might eat into that n00b segment quite a bit.

Reactions: lash
Consumer means end user of a product.

Well shit, now this gets tricky - I'm a consumer if I'm shooting one of my own suppressors that were transferred on a Form 4, but I'm not if I'm using a demo or T&E can that's still Form 3'd to my LLC? Yet again, I'm wearing multiple hats.

Well shit, now this gets tricky - I'm a consumer if I'm shooting one of my own suppressors that were transferred on a Form 4, but I'm not if I'm using a demo or T&E can that's still Form 3'd to my LLC? Yet again, I'm wearing multiple hats.
With suppressors regs in the USA, we’re not consumers, we’re abuse victims lol.

The funny thing is the utility of sites like Pew go down as you buy more suppressors lol.

I’m guessing more experienced suppressor owners start caring less and less about dB or dB-like numbers. You’re more interested in the stability of the suppressor company, the suppressor’s construction, length, weight, etc etc.

For example, I’m looking for a dedicated suppressor for an AR15 and caught myself comparing dB numbers and the thought, “Wtf most modern suppressors will quiet the shot down enough. What I really don’t want is the gas to the face.”

Seems like a main audience of Pew’s is n00bs. Another audience is nerds. TBAC’s open suppressor standard and testing might eat into that n00b segment quite a bit.

Personally I care more about if the suppressor is high quality and has little runout, recoil characteristics, etc over a dB rating.

Sometimes other factors come into play too - such as if the suppressor will work well on multiple different types of hosts (bolt & ar-15 use).

There's some 3D printed cans that meter extremely well, but also have notoriously high runout. That to me is a non-starter for a precision application, but it's not something that you will find on Jays lists.

View attachment 8237595
I know someone who knows maths^ and another dude who could fake autism (ahem lol edit: that’d be me).
Anyway, ol’ EB and I could create a literal firestorm of actual suppressor facts laced with molten pre-workout-charged giggly self-referential self-promotion self-bathing hot sauce blather.

Sort of like the old SNL Church Lady skits. Only on amphetamines.

C’mon @E. Bryant
Let us make the quattuorvigintillion$

Reactions: E. Bryant

"Consumer" is a disgusting term but "kike" isn't? Get out of here with that BS.

"Consumer" is a disgusting term but "kike" isn't? Get out of here with that BS.

Careful - if this guy is like other Bear Pit participants, he'll apologize publicly for his casual anti-Semitism and then fill your PM inbox with more garbage.

I’ll give the guy some credit. “Consumer” can be a bit icky.

Basically the term “casually reduces our fellow human beings to the single function that businesses want them to perform.”

It’s sorta like a restaurant’s owner calling people at his tables “eaters.”

For example, you would never introduce someone you do business with like this, “I’d like you to meet my long-time consumer, John.” That sounds like you’re introducing your favorite cow or something lol.

But his point is forever clouded over as he followed it up with a much more icky term.

Anyway, ol’ EB and I could create a literal firestorm of actual suppressor facts laced with molten pre-workout-charged giggly self-referential self-promotion self-bathing hot sauce blather.

Sort of like the old SNL Church Lady skits. Only on amphetamines.

C’mon @E. Bryant
Let us make the quattuorvigintillion$

We could maybe do something along the lines of Bill Swerski's Superfans, with occasional guests. Our first could be FuhQ, who would go full-on messiah complex while explaining how he never ever lost faith in Andrew from Otter Creek; eventually, he'd steal the title of Silencer Jesus from Kevin Brittingham for enduring the ridicule he's brought upon himself.

I also suggest a special segment where we attempt to rank the dumbest comments of the week.

I'm not the only person I know who detests the term. You aren't even "consuming" a silencer so how does the term even fit? You are an end user or a customer of the company or an owner of their product.

If the use of the word "consumer" by all these large companies and governments these days doesn't bother you I don't what to say.
If you want to argue semantics, take it to the Pit.