• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Site Changes

alexj-12

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    Hey guys! You may have noticed that the site was down for a bit. We were performing site maintenance and upgrading the forum software. We believe we've caught the majority of the bugs that were caused by this update, but if you see anything that looks weird or isn't working properly, post it here and we can get it fixed.

You might also notice some of the new features, including:
    • Username changes: You now can request to change your username without having to contact a moderator.
    • Profile post attachments: Profile posts can now have media attachments!
    • Similar threads: When you post a new thread, you can now see similar threads to see if someone has already answered your question.
    • Rich text editor improvements: The text editor has been improved and optimized to give you the options you need at the forefront and a fresh, new look.

These are just a few of the new features included in the software upgrade, so feel free to look around the updated site and see all the new options you have!

Last edited:
    I haven’t been on the site for quite a while, need to upgrade my profile to supporter status, link is not working, it times out, any help is appreciated

The date when a thread was posted is missing, not sure if that’s intentional or not

The Bar above is all wonky.
    20210111_143146.jpg

In PM it looks like this.

20210111_144543.jpg

In Threads it looks like this

20210111_144616.jpg

And when you try to post pic it does this.
    Screenshot_20210111-144757_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210111-144757_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210111-144757_Chrome.jpg
      158.2 KB · Views: 41
    I really think a lot of you post images wrong and use the Attachment feature vs the actual image dialog box

How come my images don't show the Attachment like the non-working one above, cause I do it different maybe ?

You can just drop it, no attachment or dialog, just drag and drop like this

10131911.JPG

Reactions: BAMCIS
    You guys have a hell of a sense of timing with all the shit in the world that's going on! Glad to see it was an upgrade not one of the alternatives. Thanks for everything you do, I know sysadmin work can be a thankless job at times.

I really think a lot of you post images wrong and use the Attachment feature vs the actual image dialog box

How come my images don't show the Attachment like the non-working one above, cause I do it different maybe ?

You can just drop it, no attachment or dialog, just drag and drop like this

View attachment 7525894

Doing attachments from phone. It's worked well till today.

I’m viewing the forum on an iPad Pro and unless I’m missing something I don’t see any way to get out of a topic without getting out of the sub forum... think back button.

Noticed the achievement link under my name under a post of mine. I click it and I see this:

1610406880032.png

0 of 3 achievements selected? I don't see any achievement to select.

Reactions: pwc001

OP, can you guys select the amount of posts per page here eg 20, 50, 100 etc?
    and if so can you allow us end users to also make that selection?

I'm sure there is ton of other things behind the scenes happening,
    but just wanted to ask. Thx

Give me a screen shot of what you mean, you can just hit any of the navigation at the top will bring you most places

iPhone 12 Pro looks ok(here’s a screenshot from my phone), the < and > are there along with the address box, favorites, save, etc but missing on the iPad:

9321E029-33F6-4125-A832-8C8DC24A3040.png

Give me a screen shot of what you mean, you can just hit any of the navigation at the top will bring you most places

Just figured it out, by accident. You have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page then tap on the Sniper’s Hide logo in the upper left, then the page forward and back arrows show up. You can delete the other posts so people don’t have to see them. Must have changed with the update.

It’s not like that on the iPhone and my iPad behaved like the iPhone before the change. Tapping on the logo takes you back to the main page, out of the forums.

No it didn't change was always that way LOL

Works fine on my iPad Mini, like before the change so the change only affected my iPad Pro.

First screenshot iPad Mini and second is iPad Pro compare the tops of the screenshots.

D295AB24-3992-425F-B4EA-4AB62CE83C86.png
    3040E62D-E23C-4365-983B-6C86388A2B4E.png

Last edited:
    Might just be me..... But, my notifications are not going away after I view them.
    9A62ABB9-777D-4E8B-85B5-30C0EBA3631F.jpeg

I posted about the watch button missing and now my email is getting blown up. I cant unsubscribe from email notifications on a few threads I have posted on.

Know how to stop the email notifications for every thread I post in?

@1J04 click the 3 dots next to italicize in mobile and it gives you all the features you used to have

75AEA9F5-F5CD-4C17-9FDD-8320D4029151.jpeg

My notifications are wonky also. They are still showing up after clicking on the icon, and number doesn’t go down until I click each thread I got a notification from. However, if I click the 3 lines, it doesn’t show where the notifications are from either, meaning it doesn’t show the number over the messages icon or the bell.

I don't think you have any ?

Were you supposed to that why it says 0
    Well, the lingo would suggest I haven't selected (0) any of my 3 achievements, but the interface doesn't let me see the 3 achievements.

That's how I read it. Of course, I have no idea if I actually have any achievements.

However, if I don't have any achievements, one would think it should either say, "You have no achievements to select" or more obtusely, "0 of 0 achievements selected". And if I don't have any achievements, why show me this? (bottom line)
    1610413703076.png

Above, @Solid7 said he saw this behavior occur in the old site as well.

Is anyone having issue using on a chrome book with the new update? Chrome has crashed 3 or 4 times today with only this open. No issues with mobile or macbook.

Could be you are private browsing it and it can't see the changes

probably runs off the cookies being blocked
    Could be. But, I’ve always used private browsing and blocked cookies since the first day I joined the Hide. Never been an issue before. I’ll try it though. Thanks.

Just noticed that the Online Training section is either empty or locked to me (even though I've paid for months, last payment Jan 9 via paypal). Or maybe that section isn't yet up and running after the upgrade?

Hey everyone!

If you had an online training user upgrade you will notice that your account has been downgraded. This is because we are discontinuing that upgrade and it is being entirely replaced with the supporter upgrade. If you'd like to regain access to the training videos, feel free to get a supporter upgrade instead.

Just noticed that the Online Training section is either empty or locked to me (even though I've paid for months, last payment Jan 9 via paypal). Or maybe that section isn't yet up and running after the upgrade?

@carbonbased The post above might explain your problem.