• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Site Changes

My notifications are wonky also. They are still showing up after clicking on the icon, and number doesn’t go down until I click each thread I got a notification from. However, if I click the 3 lines, it doesn’t show where the notifications are from either, meaning it doesn’t show the number over the messages icon or the bell.
Hit the little bubble in the bottom right corner.

Reactions: TxWelder35
It was posted a few times already, I'm just echoing...the watch button is gone.

Noticed the achievement link under my name under a post of mine. I click it and I see this:

View attachment 7525906

0 of 3 achievements selected? I don't see any achievement to select.
You are able to select achievements you would like to display when you post, but it isn't showing you any achievements to select because you haven't earned one yet

Return to first page arrow at the bottom of the page is gone.
Could you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? These are the buttons I see and they are displaying at the top and bottom of the page

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.42.23 AM.png

Uh, so on Jan 9th I pay $18 for a month of training access.

48 hrs later the month-long benefit I just paid for is taken away? :unsure:
Hey there! The transition between discontinuing the old upgrade and continuing the new upgrade is a bit difficult, so please PM me the receipt showing the date your upgrade was renewed and I can get you setup on supporter for the rest of the month

OP, can you guys select the amount of posts per page here eg 20, 50, 100 etc?
and if so can you allow us end users to also make that selection?

I'm sure there is ton of other things behind the scenes happening,
but just wanted to ask. Thx
Hey so that can only be selected on a site basis, so if I were to select 25, then every thread would have those same settings. There isn't a way to do it 1 by 1 based on user preference

Reactions: ma smith
Could you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? These are the buttons I see and they are displaying at the top and bottom of the page

View attachment 7526383

There is an arrow to the right of the page numbers that will jump to the last page. There used to be one to the left of the page numbers which would jump to the first page.

Attachments

• CFAF1674-5180-4622-B130-AE4BC0E31A35.jpeg
    CFAF1674-5180-4622-B130-AE4BC0E31A35.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 47
I’m viewing the forum on an iPad Pro and unless I’m missing something I don’t see any way to get out of a topic without getting out of the sub forum... think back button.
The breadcrumbs that are on the desktop version of the site are present on the mobile site as well

IMG_B4740CE4625E-1.jpeg

There is an arrow to the right of the page numbers that will jump to the last page. There used to be one to the left of the page numbers which would jump to the first page.
Could you link me to the page that you're seeing that on?

Hey guys! You may have noticed that the site was down for a bit. We were performing site maintenance and upgrading the forum software. We believe we've caught the majority of the bugs that were caused by this update, but if you see anything that looks weird or isn't working properly, post it here and we can get it fixed.

You might also notice some of the new features, including:
• Username changes: You now can request to change your username without having to contact a moderator.
• Profile post attachments: Profile posts can now have media attachments!
• Similar threads: When you post a new thread, you can now see similar threads to see if someone has already answered your question.
• Rich text editor improvements: The text editor has been improved and optimized to give you the options you need at the forefront and a fresh, new look.

These are just a few of the new features included in the software upgrade, so feel free to look around the updated site and see all the new options you have!
Thanks for keeping us up and running.

Hey there! The transition between discontinuing the old upgrade and continuing the new upgrade is a bit difficult, so please PM me the receipt showing the date your upgrade was renewed and I can get you setup on supporter for the rest of the month
@alexj-12 fixed my issue by giving me a month of contributor access in place of the online training access I had. Have a cuppa tea! 🍵

As a new user, when creating an account:

Signing in with Google is broken :mad:
Signing in with Twitter is broken :mad:
Signing in with Facebook still works (y)

As a new user, when creating an account:

Signing in with Google is broken :mad:
Signing in with Twitter is broken :mad:
Signing in with Facebook still works (y)
Need to get off those platforms anyway, more incentive!

also the addition of the “online now” icon under the profile pic was a nice touch 👍

TxWelder35, if the button to log in with google (my email provider) is displayed, it should work. Making it easier to sign up (e.g. with a google account) means more users for SnipersHide, and more people who can listen to your wise grumping about big tech platforms. It's a win all around.

TxWelder35, if the button to log in with google (my email provider) is displayed, it should work. Making it easier to sign up (e.g. with a google account) means more users for SnipersHide, and more people who can listen to your wise grumping about big tech platforms. It's a win all around.
Just poking the bear a little, I’m sure they want to know about the issue, for future reference if you put an @ at the front of a user name it will notify the person. Like this @fast statue

I've been having issues with what seem to be timeouts on requests along with slow load times. Screenshot of that I'm seeing get hung up attached. Pages usually go through after attempting to load a couple times, but it's inconsistent. The progress bar animation will play until either the page comes through or it goes to a blank page, usually 20-30 seconds delay for whichever outcome. There's a chance this is the result of one of the extensions I have running in FF (ublock, https everywhere, disconnect), so it might be entirely on my end. This is on a windows laptop, but I was also getting slow response on an android phone running firefox focus. I'll play around with the extensions later this evening and see if I can track down the culprit.

The failed page loads all default to /shooting/, so a simple refresh won't request the same page. Haven't been able to get to my PMs in the last little bit as a result.

shissue.png

I really think a lot of you post images wrong and use the Attachment feature vs the actual image dialog box

How come my images don't show the Attachment like the non-working one above, cause I do it different maybe ?

You can just drop it, no attachment or dialog, just drag and drop like this

View attachment 7525894
UDT wearing ,, wannabe,,,and glad of it.
Or this site might not of been here.
SFMF

Attachments

• 118192126_1901384993332293_5856143574466600739_n.jpg
    118192126_1901384993332293_5856143574466600739_n.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200321_110349878.jpg
    IMG_20200321_110349878.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 42
UDT wearing ,, wannabe,,,and glad of it.
Or this site might not of been here.
SFMF
oh,

That image was in Little Creek at ARS So really a wanna be or in Uniform

IMG_0022.JPG

This was the ARS Squadbay

IMG_0065.JPG

I know it's real cause the M16 I am holding is fake, it's a metal and plastic toy so we don't wreck a real one in the water all the time,

noticed small glitch today .
on the PM's, and with the select ( preview ) . When I push preview to what I just typed for a reply . The reply box freezes and the cursor disapears and you can not clik in and type anymore till you push 'Refresh' .
After the page refreshes, Then cursor reapers in the reply box again for typing of more text .
....thanks

1/13/21 0605 hours.....is there an issue with the server and attaching images?

Tried copy/paste as well as saving it to my desk top and attempting the attach files button.

Getting a server error try later message.

1/13/21 0605 hours.....is there an issue with the server and attaching images?

Tried copy/paste as well as saving it to my desk top and attempting the attach files button.

Getting a server error try later message.
How large is your image? I have attached several images since the upgrade without a problem

noticed small glitch today .
on the PM's, and with the select ( preview ) . When I push preview to what I just typed for a reply . The reply box freezes and the cursor disapears and you can not clik in and type anymore till you push 'Refresh' .
After the page refreshes, Then cursor reapers in the reply box again for typing of more text .
....thanks
Thanks, we'll look into this!

Also noticed that the sticky/pin icon is no longer red, making it hard to distinguish where non-sticky posts begin.

@alexj-12 I may be retarded (my wife thinks so :) ) But any drag and drop photo says server error. Whether I use the insert image or just drag and drop straight into the reply window. No workie.

88kb pic

I listed an optik for sale and tried to upload the pics but have continued to get "server error" message

I must be an idiot, but where do I go to become a supporter? The upgrade section takes me to PayPal and cuts off.

Ive learned too much about AR’s and bolt-guns from this forum not to support.

Thanks!

It appears email notifications may be stuck somewhere. Haven't received any this AM, don't think there was an issue immediately after the upgrade, this appears to be new as of this morning.

I find the new classified section much more difficult to find items I wish to look for. We used to have separate sections for Optics, firearms etc, etc. What was the reason for the change?

I find the new classified section much more difficult to find items I wish to look for. We used to have separate sections for Optics, firearms etc, etc. What was the reason for the change?

They are still separate learn to use the filters

if you don't know try to learn instead of just complaining about your ignorance

We have post all over explaining how to use the filters, and if you are honestly gonna complain about the PX, LOL

I think there is a server issue this AM,

Notifications, images, etc, something broke overnight when the West Coast wakes up we'll fix it
So I’m just slow not retarded. Please tell my wife. :)

I must be an idiot, but where do I go to become a supporter? The upgrade section takes me to PayPal and cuts off.

Ive learned too much about AR’s and bolt-guns from this forum not to support.

Thanks!
If you click on your profile at the top of the page, then click user upgrades, you'll see all of the upgrade options you can choose from!

Reactions: FishinGuns
I listed an optik for sale and tried to upload the pics but have continued to get "server error" message
We've identified the issue causing this and are working on fixing it right now!

1- emails not coming through to my Gmail for messages from Hide members.

2- My notifications won't update after I reviewed the threads I'm following. They always updated before. This is on Mobile only from what I see.
See image top left

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210113-141123.png
    Screenshot_20210113-141123.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
All the glitches from early are probably fixed now,

Don't bitch about earlier, look now to see what is still not working right,

The crash was a rolling problem, so as stuff stopped working it eventually took everything out

So focus on now ... forward

If you click on your profile at the top of the page, then click user upgrades, you'll see all of the upgrade options you can choose from!
I think it was on the PayPal end of things. I hit it and refreshed 3 times and it finally went through. Thanks for the help!

How large is your image? I have attached several images since the upgrade without a problem

@alexj-12 First let me say that your question has left me in agony and desire to post some really messed up response likely to be found humorous amongst the typical non PC caveman/cavewoman that frequents this site but with some amount of rarely exercised control and respect for @lowlight I will hold my stupid high school inuendo in check.

I usually crap on posters that hold back or hold a different attitude based on their mistaken idea that women should be treated differently......but this is not the Bear Pit.

I think its just a regular sized image....a single photo Im trying to get off another site. Perhaps that site has some copyright code that prevents it.

I was posting in the "Porta John" thread maybe LL is trying to steam control the content there.

I will try again.

Works now.

Ive shown everyone in the Porta John my huge attachment............

Sorry you were warned.....