• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Sniper Distance Record

Re: New Sniper Distance Record

Dang. That's amazing. I was having trouble siting in my AR carbine at a 100 yards earlier today!

What is the Accuracy International L11583? 50 cal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber is that rifle? </div></div>

338 LM.

One of the articles said someone called that range luck. He was 2for2 against personnel and it sounded like the third hit the weapon. I'll take that luck any day of the week.

Whos%20first%2C%20sniper.jpg

Absolutely amazing! Great shooting on the soldiers part!!!

HOLY SHIT.....If Craig happens to stumble upon this site.Congrats on a job well done.

Holy Hell.

its one thing to break the record and its another to do it twice in 2 shots!

True British hero

Wonder what that range looked like through their optics?...something I will never know. He would do pretty good at the egg shoot.

The rifle has a S&B 5-25 on it. If it was at 25 power, and it probably was, that's like looking with your naked eye at a target 100 yards or a bit more away.

Think he changed his hold from the CBS to the followup shot?
laugh.gif

Great shooting, perfect conditions and no matter how you slice it a little bit o' smiling from the fates to put that engagement together!

Wow. Good job to the boys out there.

Dang......2 out of 3 with a 338lm is awesome, but won't this lead to more 338lm ammo being sold driving up the price because people have to get their own 338lm rifle? lol

great shooting with a great rifle in a great area of the world!

8120 ft! I might have to get a 338 AW myself (LOL)!
Many thanks for your service, soldier!

i was just reading all about that last nite thats just crazy.....

now i really have to build me a .338 Lapua setup
laugh.gif

Sweet! A fuggin .338LM!!! Congrats to the skilled sniper.

News of this amazing feat is now on many sites. AMAZING SHOOTING.

Just to update, the rifle model was the current L115A3, which is the AWSM .338 Lapua Magnum rifle, current MOD spec's. Ammo type I can only guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ammo type I can only guess. </div></div>

with optional JATO??

I ran some numbers through JBM just for fun.

Using a 300grain Sierra at 2750fps, altitude 5000ft, I am getting a velocity of 945fps and energy of 594ft/lb at 2707yards.

Drop from a 300yard zero is 4081 inches or 41.9 Mils. From a 800 yard zero the drop is 3674 inches or 37.7 Mils.

The bullet falls below Mach 1 at around 2000 yards.

That is impressive indeed all the other record shots were with 50 cal. I haven't shot my 338 more than 1000 yards. Time to extend my comfort zone

Im glad this guy is on our side!

Those snipers that can shoot accurate to a mile or more.....Wow. I dont know what else to say.

Keep it up boys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6mmFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran some numbers through JBM just for fun.

Using a 300grain Sierra at 2750fps, altitude 5000ft, I am getting a velocity of 945fps and energy of 594ft/lb at 2707yards.

Drop from a 300yard zero is 4081 inches or 41.9 Mils. From a 800 yard zero the drop is 3674 inches or 37.7 Mils.

The bullet falls below Mach 1 at around 2000 yards. </div></div>

Ok, I may be doing something wrong here, but running a 250 grain Scenar with a G1 BC of .530 (I think they're actually a little less than that) with 3000 FPS at the muzzle and a 300 yard zero Berger's ballistic program is showing 743 fps and 307 ft. lbs. The drop is calculated at 6240 inches or 64.21 Mils...

Am I doing something wrong here but that seems almost impossible to get that much adjustment out of your scope? Enlighten me please I'm real curious.

Mike