• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New SS coming?

Kino

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2011
United States
Just wondering if anyone in the know has any info on a new super sniper in the 3x12 or 4x16 range coming?

Re: New SS coming?

EmaiIed a dude at SWFA a couple months ago and figured I'd ask him about it. He said that they are focusing on their variable-power projects first (versus things like mil/mil non-HD units), but the details are very tightly wrapped. That's all he could tell me.

I'm hoping for a 4-16x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are people still waiting on recent orders of the 5-20 's though..?

</div></div>

I think most of the orders was taken care of awhile ago. A 4x16 or 3x15 in FFP and ill. mil quad would be the biggest seller yet for SWFA, bet on it..........

MOA/MOA

PLEASE!

On a serious note if SWFA offered one or two more variable options with your choice of configurations ( mil/mil or moa/moa similar to what Vortex has done) they would be very close to the top, if not on top. Not taking anything away from what they have done or their offerings. I am a fan for sure. This is what I am hoping for though.

I agree, if they could bring mil/mil to their 10x super sniper and maybe side-parallax at their lower price point, I really think that would be the sight a HUGE number of people interested in precision/long range shooting would be using.

A 3-12 or 4-16 would be a must have for sure. It seems that other brands are bringing this range to market, let's hope SWFA is jumping on the wagon too!

Trim the weight down somewhat from what the 5-20 weighs and it would find a home on my deer rifle.

Come on SWFA!

Whistler.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whistler.gif
</div></div>

Common! Give us a teaser at least...(crosses fingers for a 3-15 FFP)

How is this for a teaser,

They told me, and I forgot what they said... in fact I was told about several "new" things coming from them, but then I went to sleep and now I forgot most of it.

I hear they are making a 1-8 and a 3-20, but they are unobtanium....oh wait, that was S&B.

Nah, haven't heard a thing. Still very happy with my 5-20's though!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is this for a teaser,

They told me, and I forgot what they said... in fact I was told about several "new" things coming from them, but then I went to sleep and now I forgot most of it. </div></div>

I'm hoping one of those things is a good, lower priced, mil based spotter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MOA/MOA

PLEASE!

On a serious note if SWFA offered one or two more variable options with your choice of configurations ( mil/mil or moa/moa similar to what Vortex has done) they would be very close to the top, if not on top. Not taking anything away from what they have done or their offerings. I am a fan for sure. This is what I am hoping for though. </div></div>

+ 1 billion on the MOA/MOA

I'd really like to have a 3-9FFP in moa/moa as well as a fixed 6 and fixed 10.

Now that I think about it, I think i have developed a bit of selective amnesia here as well. I know they are planning a few new models, but I just can't quite remember which (which is moderately upsetting since I tested a couple of them a while back).

I wonder if someone from SWFA spiked my coffee the next morning so that I would forget. Or maybe I am just getting older and my memory is not the same as it used to be...

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that I think about it, I think i have developed a bit of selective amnesia here as well. I know they are planning a few new models, but I just can't quite remember which (which is moderately upsetting since I tested a couple of them a while back).

I wonder if someone from SWFA spiked my coffee the next morning so that I would forget. Or maybe I am just getting older and my memory is not the same as it used to be...

ILya</div></div>

You know....if you put your thoughts into google docs (cough cough) then we....I mean you.... could review them later and not be so forgetful!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whistler.gif
</div></div>

Okay, so "if" there is something in this range of 3x15 or 4x16 when would we hear something on the new stuff???? I got two rifles that is waiting for something in this range and am trying hard to wait till SHOT but damn those rifles not having glass is wearing on me!

I am going to put my 2 cents in. No matter what they offer I will try due to the fact that I have enjoyed almost all of there offerings except the 20x scope. It is just not my thing...

3-12 ill. mil/mil with exposed turrets.....I couldn't get my money out fast enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is this for a teaser,

They told me, and I forgot what they said... in fact I was told about several "new" things coming from them, but then I went to sleep and now I forgot most of it. </div></div>

That sucks for a teaser!
wink.gif

Do you happen to by chance remember a time period one might expect these? Early 2012 I hope!

Whistler.gif
</div></div>

O come on... I know you wanna give me a reason not to order a USO in January...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whistler.gif
</div></div>

O come on... I know you wanna give me a reason not to order a USO in January...
smile.gif
</div></div>

I hear this!! I'm going to be needing an optic for a new rimfire coming in and would love an SS 4-16! Unfortunately I might just have to order a PST since I don't know of anything coming......

I liked my 5-20 but I want something a little smaller for this rig, the 3-9 is about the right size but I'm going to want more mag!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BIPMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3-12 ill. mil/mil with exposed turrets.....I couldn't get my money out fast enough. </div></div>

Months ago I had recommended that they come out with a 3-12x40 or 3-15x44. They welcomed my recommendations, but that was about it. This is definitely a niche that needs to be filled.

We could all use something with some power, but light enough for hunting.

I was shooting with my SS 5-20 today with my bro in law who also has one. We were marveling at the quality of them vs the price point. I have yet to look through a scope at under $2200 that I would prefer.

Keep it up SWFA!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that I think about it, I think i have developed a bit of selective amnesia here as well. I know they are planning a few new models, but I just can't quite remember which (which is moderately upsetting since I tested a couple of them a while back).

ILya</div></div>

You know....if you put your thoughts into google docs (cough cough) then we....I mean you.... could review them later and not be so forgetful!
wink.gif
</div></div>

What an interesting thought. Perhaps, I should look in my Google Docs account a little more carefully. I do seem to recall a bit over a hundred documents there pertaining to my various optics tests with about half of them published.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can play too. I heard they were making a 1.1-42x65. </div></div>

I heard it has a built in laser range finder too.

A 3-12 or 4-16 mil/mil would be great but a SS spotting scope with their mil reticle would be even better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can play too. I heard they were making a 1.1-42x65. </div></div>

I heard it has a built in <span style="color: #FF0000">photon cannon</span> too.
</div></div>

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 3-12 or 4-16 mil/mil would be great but a SS spotting scope with their mil reticle would be even better. </div></div>

I agree.

All three would be badass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can play too. I heard they were making a 1.1-42x65. </div></div>

I heard it has a built in <span style="color: #FF0000">photon cannon</span> too.
</div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

I hear it'll look like this...?

48.jpg

confused.gif

(Edit: Insertion of more prayers to the scope making baby Jesus for a 4-16 or 3-12.)

I'd bet we won't hear anything until SWFA is ready to say something or release something.

A search of the vendors at the upcoming SHOT show doesn't show them registered as vendors. Which leads me to surmise that they aren't going to be unveiling anything there?

SWFA is normally not at SHOT and don't think they have ever used it as a launch pad for anything.

Because they only sell the scopes in-house, really the only one who needs to be there is their buyers. Not them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterman017</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can play too. I heard they were making a 1.1-42x65. </div></div>

</div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

I hear it'll look like this...?

48.jpg

confused.gif

(Edit: Insertion of more prayers to the scope making baby Jesus for a 4-16 or 3-12.) </div></div>

going after Counter Snipers customers heh