• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new stock for M1A

pale horse

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
alaska
I have a socom II and am looking for something like a mcree stock and would like to get a urban camo paint job but not crazy about using duracoat. Anyone out there have a socom II? Do you like it I have a Millet dot scope & a Trig with doctor red dot on top. I have been hearing the short M1A,s are not real target rifles I know built for close up fighting I shot a musk ox with mine and it made a believer of me as was handy at quick shots. Any inpuit from M1A shooters tips goodies and such

Re: new stock for M1A

socom II's look great in wood stocks. If you do want a wood one I would follow claywards advice. If not then I would look at Sage or McMillan.

I have a McMillan stock on my M1A and love it. If I had a Socom or a scout I would put it in the folding McMillan.

SpringfieldGarand.jpg

I did a Wenig on my Garand. Beautiful tiger stripe walnut. Have had many offers to buy the wood when shooting Garand matches with it.

Fast Ed

sage, mcmillan, troy. all will be nice. check out the m14hdw forum as well for some good tips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pale horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a socom II ..... </div></div>

There are plenty of stock options to choose from, but the best and most accurate
aftermarket stock that I have sampled with a SOCOM is the M14 MCS from TROY.
This was a prototype... Gen II MCS stocks are what is available now.

TROY%20007.jpg

Visit The M14HDW Forum for additional ideas and information.

I use GI synthetic stocks on mine. I'm not a match shooter. I used to deer hunt with it when I lived in country where a rifle could be used. They are fine for general range, target shooting, hunting, etc.