• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New stock with the T.A.B. sling

Walsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hey, me again with yet another question. I am going to buy a stock for my Remington 700 .308 this year and I will be using a sling (T.A.B), bipod and irons for my shooting with a 16.5" barrel. I am willing to spend up to $1300 on this stock, so which one of these two stocks would be better for sling use?

Gary Eliseo's RTS
http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id26.html

Accuraccy International AX chassis
http://www.accuracyinternational.us/archives/474

Do ya'll think that the thing in front of the magazine area on the AI AX stock would make it unusable to use the sling?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

Re: New stock with the T.A.B. sling

Just one Q when you say irons, are you implying you going to shoot your 700 with iron sights?

I'm confused

Yes, I will be mounting AR-15 stlye front and rear iron sights to the top rail. I'm doing this because I cannot afford an AR-15 right now and am trying to duplicate the sight picture.

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot afford an AR-15 right now </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am willing to spend up to $1300 on this stock,</div></div>

Maybe instead of spending $1300 on a stock, you should look into a CMMG bargain bin AR-15 and an A-5.

Because I'm weird and don't want an A5 stock and then I'd have to buy a scope which is just more money, then I could finally buy an AR-15 and all this would be more then $1300. I'm going to a gun show next weekend and I plan to get either an AR15 or an AR10 lower reciver and build it in parts.

And I REALLY want my Rem. 700 to be "different", and this is how I'm goung to do it.

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

okey dokey.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To be honest it looks like 6 of one, half dozen of the other. </div></div>

What do you mean?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To be honest it looks like 6 of one, half dozen of the other. </div></div>

What do you mean? </div></div>

Well, the sling point in the rear looks to be in the same location to me and the front is adjustable being that there are rails and you can basically put a mount anywhere. Therefore I say that slinging these two set-ups is a moot issue and you should probably look at other things like weight, balance, and options available. Looks like the AI is a folder and these are pretty new systems. I bet you will be the only kid on the block with one of these bad boys. The RTS looks like more of a tube gun set-up similar to that of an AR lower with a tube upper. Just my 2 cents.

I thought to yse thw TAB sling you had to have studs on the bottom. Well, I guess I'll just have to decide, hmmm, I've never been the one with the latest and greatest, so mabey the new AI is the way to go.

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh