• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship New stocks and the T.A.B. sling

Walsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hey, me again with yet another question. I am going to buy a stock for my Remington 700 .308 this year and I will be using a sling (T.A.B), bipod and irons for my shooting with a 16.5" barrel. I am willing to spend up to $1300 on this stock, so which one of these two stocks would be better for sling use?

Gary Eliseo's RTS
http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id26.html

Accuraccy International AX chassis
http://www.accuracyinternational.us/archives/474

Do ya'll think that the thing in front of the magazine area on the AI AX stock would make it unusable to use the sling?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

Re: New stocks and the T.A.B. sling

I'd lean towards the Eliseo stock... Gary makes good stuff.

But... 16.5" barrel with iron sights? Not much of a sight radius there. That should make the click values... interesting.

Yea I know, I will only be shooting at around 300 at max so I figure it'll be ok.

I'm just worried about the stock on Gary's, seems like it would get caught on everything.

I will have a 23" sight radius, and that's just about what an AR15 with a rifle length sights is, so I'm happy.

Do you own a Eliseo stock? If so did the buttstock every get caught on heavy brush or taller grass?

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">An AI AX isn't a chassis......</span>

Looks like a new generation of AI rifle to me. The link you posted explains it better than I could.

AI is selling the stock for Remington 700's like they do for their current 1.5 and 2.0 thumbhole stocks. I think that they said that the new AX stock will be about 16% more then the current 2.0 wich would be about $1200.

Thats great, please let us know about it, what kinda rifle are you building with it?

Thanks, looks like I'll just mod the buttstock so it won't snag on everything (probally gonna use electrical tape wraped up tight).

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

Well, I didn't know what I was talking about, and if any others hadn't been edumacated yet here's the AI lineup from SHOT 2010:

Accuracy International at SHOT 2010

I'm not sure if I dig all the changes the PSR contract is calling for, but one of these would look great under my USO PSR prototype!!

I bought a tab sling with the cobra clips and love it, I think the plastic clips are fine, but I just wanted the cobras.