• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors New Suppressor

gathumper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
South Florida
Hello all, I have a couple quick questions about a suppressor that I am purchasing. I have done a search on this, but couldn't really find the answers that I was looking for. I am going to buy a ACC for my 24" savage 308. My question is, what is the best set up for my gun. Have the barrel threaded, or look to have the barrel threaded and then put some type of break, or quick attach for it? This will be my first suppressor other than military use and want to get the most out of it. Thanks for the input.

Re: New Suppressor

I am assuming that you mean AAC as in Advanced Armaments Corp? Which suppressor are you getting? I can answer the questions with more information.

Also do you plan to use it on other guns?
What kind? bolt/semi

AAC makes a thread-mount .30-cal suppressor called the Cyclone and a "fast-attach" product called the 762-SD. They also have shorter versions of both products (the Cyclone-K and 762-SDN).

So, which are you getting? Have you already purchased one? Or is that what you are asking, which to get?

I guess I don't understand your question. If you got the 762-SD, you need to pick a mount type and have that mount installed on your host weapon(s). AAC makes a brake and a flash suppressor. If you got the Cyclone, get your hosts threaded and either get a thread protector or use some other device, like a brake, when the suppressor is not attached to the host.

If you are putting this on a precision weapon, I strongly advise you get the Cyclone.

I think you just answered my question, this is going on a precision weapon, "my FN bolt gun". I do not want to sacrifice any accuracy, is this possible? I wish that the 762-SD was as accurate, I like the quick attach, but like I said in no way am I willing to sacrifice accuracy.

Thanks for the input.

I am currently using a YHM Phamtom QD on a GAP Rifle and it is amazing! I also like the QD because its alot quicker and suits my needs.

The HTG M30-A has the same performance of Cyclone, but is shorter and will cost you less money.

My vote goes to TBAC 30P-1. I have one on my Savage .308 and on my Savage .338LM and their great. In fact I'm buying another 30P-1 this evening for my new custom .260, That's how confident I am about their accuracy and noise reduction.
wink.gif

exactly how bad is the 7.62 SD? I bought one today, if it's horrible I might try to un-buy it and wait until they get a cyclone. I haven't sent the forms yet.