• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NEW TANGENT THETAS - Long Range Hunter and Tremor 3 now available - FIRST LOOK

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
1578929777278.png

There has been some chatter about the Hunter Model for some time but I wanted to start fresh with correct data now that it has finally come to fruition.

Also, big news for the HORUS fans - the Tremor 3 is now available in their awesome 5-25!

TANGENT THETA 5-25 Tremor 3

TT 3-15 Long Range Hunter in MOA

TT 3-15 Long Range Hunter in MRAD

Still awaiting final numbers but I should have a few of the T3s and possibly a couple of the hunters ready to ship next week!

Hunter Reticles:
1578929979087.png

1578930024332.png

Very nice.

I assume same FoV as the 3-15M?
Any word on weight?

ETA: weight added

Last edited:
Any info on length and weight?

I, too, am wondering about the 3XR coming to the 3-15’s...

ah sh^t ... its events like these that alter the best laid plans of mice and such ... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Zorrosdens
Wondering if the specs shown on EO are correct. The total elevation and windage looks pretty limited for the price tag.

These reticles are excellent for hunting. Dont need much more. And they are excellent when on 3x. The ZP5 MR2 is another I really like. With a 20moa base, I dont see a need for more then the 15 mils it would give you. The price tag after tax being more then 4k. I'll be sitting this one out.

Reactions: CStroud
These reticles are excellent for hunting. Dont need much more. And they are excellent when on 3x. The ZP5 MR2 is another I really like. With a 20moa base, I dont see a need for more then the 15 mils it would give you. The price tag after tax being more then 4k. I'll be sitting this one out.

Cant confirm on the tangent as I have a tt315m with the gen2xr. But I couldn’t agree more about the MR2. Wish I could have ordered my tt315m with one.

i will just stick with my TT315M with gen2xr.If you don"t like that reticle just get mil-dot version.

If my 3-15M had these turrets, I’d be happy. I’m not really sure why the additional models. They could have just added these reticles and turrets to the M line. Performance is the same.

Merry Christmas to me! I believe my future “be-all end-all” LRH scope just showed up.....

i will just stick with my TT315M with gen2xr.If you don"t like that reticle just get mil-dot version.
Kind of had the same thought, what advantage does this scope bring that the TT315M with mil dot doesn't already offer?

Reactions: Moose
Covered turrets?? Looked pretty close to me. I thought about looking up a pic of the mil dot to compare, but lost interest. I’ve never worried about bumping a turret on my tt315m. That was a concern with a sightron I had with no zero stop and super light clicks. But I have never worried about my tt315m. So I see no reason to change. I do think the mil dot or hunter version have an advantage while hunting on low power. But I’ll just keep using my illumination for now.

Kind of had the same thought, what advantage does this scope bring that the TT315M with mil dot doesn't already offer?
Weight seems to be the only factor on paper.

27 oz? dots in the reticle? $3800? little X in the corner of the window tyvm

Reactions: Brasscow
$3800 is pretty steep for a scope company with very little presence in the hunting world. Hunters seek familiarity and name recognition first and foremost, which is why leupold and vortex are so common on hunting rifles. Next is price: like it or not, 99.99% of hunters can't afford a Marco Polo sheep tag, let alone a $3800 scope. Good on TT for trying something different, but i believe for the above two reasons that this scope won't do well.

$3800 is pretty steep for a scope company with very little presence in the hunting world. Hunters seek familiarity and name recognition first and foremost, which is why leupold and vortex are so common on hunting rifles. Next is price: like it or not, 99.99% of hunters can't afford a Marco Polo sheep tag, let alone a $3800 scope. Good on TT for trying something different, but i believe for the above two reasons that this scope won't do well.

I agree, $3,800 could get you a nice guided hunt or trespass fee AND a scope that will do everything a hunter needs. But, thats not saying I wouldn't pick one up to try if I could afford it lol.

I take hunting more seriously than competitive shooting, so for me I wouldn't blink an eye at spending $3800 for it.

I spend a whole lot more than that every year hunting and what am I relying on to see and identify what I'm shooting at and to hit exactly where I'm aiming? My optics! It's a very crucial piece of kit.

I want as little room for error/equipment failure as possible, so I have no qualms in buying the best for what I love to do. It's not for everyone, if you don't want to spend that kinda money you don't have to. I don't think TT is trying to market it to budget minded "Fudds".
It checks most of the boxes that we've(Long range hunters) have been asking for.

I wish my TT315M had more elevation for long range rimfire.And If I was still hunting with centerfire the 315m would be the perfect scope for me.

I take hunting more seriously than competitive shooting, so for me I wouldn't blink an eye at spending $3800 for it.

I spend a whole lot more than that every year hunting and what am I relying on to see and identify what I'm shooting at and to hit exactly where I'm aiming? My optics! It's a very crucial piece of kit.

I want as little room for error/equipment failure as possible, so I have no qualms in buying the best for what I love to do. It's not for everyone, if you don't want to spend that kinda money you don't have to. I don't think TT is trying to market it to budget minded "Fudds".
It checks most of the boxes that we've(Long range hunters) have been asking for.

I get what you are saying and my friends that play golf thinking every year they need the latest and greatest, and $$$ will eliminate all the difficulties. Not sure this scope does anything that lots of other scopes do and to think that money guarantees eliminating 'error'...this logic is a Marketing wet dream. I could care less that I can afford it...I always ask, "is the juice worth the squeeze?"

Time will tell in the field, not the price tag.

I get what you are saying and my friends that play golf thinking every year they need the latest and greatest, and $$$ will eliminate all the difficulties. Not sure this scope does anything that lots of other scopes do and to think that money guarantees eliminating 'error'...this logic is a Marketing wet dream. I could care less that I can afford it...I always ask, "is the juice worth the squeeze?"

Time will tell in the field, not the price tag.

Tangent Theta has a stellar track record already. So no need for "time will tell" It's a 3-15m with turrets and reticle designed for hunting.... the juice has already proven it's worth the squeeze. Alpha glass in a lighter package. Try to find a used 3-15m for sale, I wish you luck.

Reactions: Tac Beard
Now if only they'd come out with a TT420M, a lightweight 4-20x50.... How long will TT ride on these initial designs from Optronika, granted they are still the best performing scopes in their class, but just wish we'd see a new design from Tangent

Looks great! Now the big question...do these work with Spuhr mounts?

Last edited:

The Zeiss V8 hunting scope is an awesome product and a great option in this price category. There is no doubt that Tangent Theta makes great stuff and I wish my friends at TT the utmost success with their new hunting scopes. Zeiss owns the Schott factory and sells glass to many companies, however they do not sell their designs or their coating technology. If you have never looked through a Zeiss V8 or a Hensoldt you owe it to yourself to do so.

EJ

Tangent Theta has a stellar track record already. So no need for "time will tell" It's a 3-15m with turrets and reticle designed for hunting.... the juice has already proven it's worth the squeeze. Alpha glass in a lighter package. Try to find a used 3-15m for sale, I wish you luck.

There is nothing wrong with buying what you like, I have spent more on watches and they only tell time. You don't have to justify anything. But fan-boys be fan-boys...people buy stuff sight unseen all the time. That what marketing does...no need to post any reviews when you get it, cuz they are proven. Don't forget to put the TT sticker in your back window. :)

When I'm stomping up hills with my gear, I'm hyper aware of how much weight is on my back. Thus, my priorities change when considering a hunting scope. In terms of tracking, edge to edge clarity, coatings, and even customer service, TT wins in every category. But when I'm more interested in weight (or lack of) and durability, I tip my hat to Swaro. Hell, Swaro's light transmission isn't as good as TT, but it's still pretty damn good, and for less than half the price and a pound lighter to boot, it's been a proven brand to trust in the back country.

I repeat myself, TT is a top tier optics company, and these scopes will sell a bit. But if you're a "long range hunter" and demand to see the itty bitty fine details from your truck, I suggest you invest in a good spotting scope first, and a gym membership second.

TT is one of my first visit during SHOT.

The scope should behave the same optically as the TT315M which I have, but the turrets are very new and they were difficult to get right. I am really looking forward to seeing them.

On one hand, they are capped, on the other hand there are no removable parts to loose. That's kinda cool.

The reticles are simple scale reticles intended to not get in the way when hunting. The idea was to make them look like a normal plex reticle on low power with good visibility from the thick bars, while giving you some reasonable ranging and wind holds when dialed up a little.

The LRH Mrad, if you pay attention, is essentially an abbreviated Gen 2 MilDot where the dots go to +/- 3.5 mrad from center, rather than +/- 5 mrad from center.

Narrower thin opening helps with low light visbility and tapered thick bars converging on the center naturally draw the eye there. Another difference is that the entire center area is illuminated, rather than just one tiny center crosshair. All of that is designed to aide visibility on low power.

Now, would I take this over my TT315M? Well, for hunting, probably. I suspect this reticle is quite a bit more visible on 3x than Gen 2XR and I like the idea of not worrying about getting the turrets accidentally bumped (although it really has not been an issue).

ILya

When I'm stomping up hills with my gear, I'm hyper aware of how much weight is on my back. Thus, my priorities change when considering a hunting scope. In terms of tracking, edge to edge clarity, coatings, and even customer service, TT wins in every category. But when I'm more interested in weight (or lack of) and durability, I tip my hat to Swaro. Hell, Swaro's light transmission isn't as good as TT, but it's still pretty damn good, and for less than half the price and a pound lighter to boot, it's been a proven brand to trust in the back country.

I repeat myself, TT is a top tier optics company, and these scopes will sell a bit. But if you're a "long range hunter" and demand to see the itty bitty fine details from your truck, I suggest you invest in a good spotting scope first, and a gym membership second.

Swaro scopes are SFP. Different market.

ILya

Reactions: Big Ern
Could be a great scope but the reticule is very unappealing to me. If I wanted blobs to aim with, I would go blobs all the way. (I don't want blobs) If I wanted fat lines to aim with I would go all fat lines. (I don't want fat lines)
It has always appeared to me that TT works hard to provide reticules no one wants.
YMMV.

Could be a great scope but the reticule is very unappealing to me. If I wanted blobs to aim with, I would go blobs all the way. (I don't want blobs) If I wanted fat lines to aim with I would go all fat lines. (I don't want fat lines)
It has always appeared to me that TT works hard to provide reticules no one wants.
YMMV.

Where as I saw it and was like “wow a ffp reticle I could hunt with”

I’m coming to the understanding the reticles I like most others hate lol

Where as I saw it and was like “wow a ffp reticle I could hunt with”

I’m coming to the understanding the reticles I like most others hate lol
If you like them it really does not matter what others think. Go for it. I prefer a more simple and precise aiming point. Doubt it makes much difference.

I like the Nightforce Mil-R and I see folks complaining about it here. I still like it.

For a general purpose hunting reticle, I actually like this one a lot. It is nicely visible and 0.075mrad line covers up approximately 0.27" at 100 yards or 1.35" at 500 yards. How exactly does this qualify as a blob or a fat line?

One of the more popular FFP scopes with hunters seems to be the SWFA SS 3-9x42 which comes either with the MilDot or with MilQuad reticles. I happened to have both. The thin lines in the MilQuad are 0.07mrad thick, which is very similar to the Tangent's hunter reticle.

ILya

The Zeiss V8 hunting scope is an awesome product and a great option in this price category. There is no doubt that Tangent Theta makes great stuff and I wish my friends at TT the utmost success with their new hunting scopes. Zeiss owns the Schott factory and sells glass to many companies, however they do not sell their designs or their coating technology. If you have never looked through a Zeiss V8 or a Hensoldt you owe it to yourself to do so.

EJ

Yep, the Zeiss V8 has pretty incredible clarity and brightness. Any idea how it compares to the S&B Polar w 96 light transmission. I’ve been wanting to look through that thing since it came out, And I figured these two would. Very comparable. But I have not found anyone who stocks them. I would say these two scopes would be the best hunting options for lowlight right before having to leave the woods.

How visible is this reticle on 3X? Can someone post a picture?

I will find out later this week. Ordered one!

Reactions: 808caliber
Looking forward to hearing more feedback. Def a scope on my radar for next years build

Reactions: BCX

I've been running one for a couple months on my work rifle. I'm liking it...a LOT!
Most forgiving parallax I've ever used. Glass is amazing, at least to my eye. As good or better than my S&B's or Henny's.
Gen II reticle is my favorite hunting reticle. I'll be adding a couple more of these to the stable....

I put the MRAD version on my 6.5 Saum. Really like it as well. To my eye it seems a little thicker than the S&B P3 reticle. Agree with Pat on the parallax and glass quality.
It’s heading to WY next month.

What is the max ring torque on that sticker? I have a Spuhr mount coming for my TT.

This scope is replacing my favorite Hens 4-16 NH-1 scope. Seems like glass quality is all there just in a lighter version.