• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New TBAC Brake+Can

tenringx

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2009
Arkansas
Can’t wait to see/hear the details on this! Gotta be coming soon since it’s on their IG stories.

IMG_4083.jpeg

Interesting.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of brakes at the end of suppressors, but TBAC makes high quality stuff. So at least it's going to be a quality option for those that want this sort of thing.

Depends on your objective. But for those that doubt the effectiveness, watch the 50 cal video again.

When these go public we'll have a full data package showing sound and recoil performance.
I completely agree and understand it on the 50 cal. Just not really interested in a competition specific suppressor but I totally understand why others are and there's definitely a market for it. Will there be a normal endcap for it? If so will it be competitive sound wise with other suppressors in it's size range?

@Zak Smith I'm very excited to see this prototype!

A couple questions/comments/thoughts, understanding you're not at liberty to answer them:

1. Do you have any videos on how timing the brake works? It looks slick, but I'm not understanding how the brake gets clocked correctly once the can is threaded on. (same as on the 50 cal?)

2. Would this for sure be a stand-alone only can, or would a Dominus/Magnus be able to be retrofitted to the new front end cap?

3. Is the brake being optimized for RECOIL reduction, or MUZZLE RISE reduction? The 419 Maverick was touted during its design to reduce muzzle rise, which is more of an important consideration from a match perspective versus rearward recoil (especially because 6mm PRS cartridges have very little recoil anyway)

4. Any analysis on effectiveness of the brake vs length of suppressor? Again, referencing the Maverick they have the two different lengths, with the shorter length being better at reducing muzzle rise but being louder.

I only have a few rounds behind a 6GT with a Maverick on it, and I was impressed at how the rifle stayed on target but I thought it was LOUD. I'm really curious to see how this new can of yours shakes out!

Can you answer 3 other basic questions since i have no idea what this is, as I haven't seen this yet... Caliber? Length? Purpose?
Appears to be another TBAC suppressor but with a brake on it.

It’s going to be out in a year minimum. He will probably post stuff prior to the official launch.

Appears to be another TBAC suppressor but with a brake on it.

It’s going to be out in a year minimum. He will probably post stuff prior to the official launch.
Shot show 2024 is only 7 months away

Reactions: Krob95
Can you answer 3 other basic questions since i have no idea what this is, as I haven't seen this yet... Caliber? Length? Purpose?
The can says MagnusS-BR I think. I'm guessing 30cal, 8-9"ish with the brake, Competition/PRS(why else put a brake on a can not made for ELR).

Last edited:
The can says MagnusS-BR I think. I'm guessing 30cal, 8-9"ish with the brake, Competition/PRS(why else put a brake on a can not made for ELR).
Good call… Now I can read what it says… Magnus-S BR CB. So it’s a short Magnus, that’s like 7” (without the brake) I’m guessing with a CB brake setup.

If it’s a .30 cal, and will be available with the HUB thread option, and can be had without a brake, @TBACRAY you can count me in for one. Where do I send my money for a prototype in black? 😂

That would be a perfect precision hunting can. 👍🏼

I for one am very excited about this. I am a huge can whore and also primarily shoot competition. I have an Area 419 Maverick right now that is my favorite setup for matches. But I love my TBAC cans too, and more options are always a good thing. Good job TBAC!! I will be ordering one for sure once I can.

When these go public we'll have a full data package showing sound and recoil performance.
That will be interesting to see. I have seen the Maverick in action and in my opinion it was more of a brake than a suppressor.

These definitely fall into a niche of people who would utilize them for certain purposes. I shoot 100% suppressed all the time and for me the small amount of recoil and "muzzle flip" is well worth the possibility of not getting points or being able to spot trace to correct a miss.

Still a big TBAC fan though, I am sure I will see some in action soon enough.

Reactions: BurtG
@Sam19kilo ran this suppressor last weekend at a match. Tell us more man!
I was offered to test out a new can to provide feedback and I do have to say it worked great. My POA stayed within whichever target I was shooting, even caught myself with light shoulder pressure due to odd positions and still staying on target to spot impacts. I have shot all the best brakes out there and this is comparable. It is also quiet.

Edit: I said POI instead of POA

Last edited:
We're not taking orders until the official announcement but if you email us we'll put you on a list of interested people
I’m in your system from ordering my Magnus. Count me in, if it’s .30 caliber. I need another 7” precision can for my ultralight hunting rigs. 👍🏼

Good call… Now I can read what it says… Magnus-S BR CB. So it’s a short Magnus, that’s like 7” (without the brake) I’m guessing with a CB brake setup.

If it’s a .30 cal, and will be available with the HUB thread option, and can be had without a brake, @TBACRAY you can count me in for one. Where do I send my money for a prototype in black? 😂

That would be a perfect precision hunting can. 👍🏼
Don't forget to tell TBAC to go with HUB so you can remind the forum about it next year.

Anybody on here try this can at precision rifle expo? It looks awesome cannot wait to have one sitting in jail.

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
You can start your own post if you like telling about your products after becoming a Commercial Supporter, link below on how to do so, on the site to try and sell your products here. Read the site rules also.

Greetings! Here are answers to all of your questions for our currently-available PRS Silencer, the Top Shot. We released ours at the K&M/Bushnell Gap Grind PRS Event a few months ago. We were there along with SilencerCo with their new PRS silencer. Great guys! Didn't see the TBAC folks though, unfortunately.

Please allow me to introduce to you the B.O.S.S. Silencers Top Shot

1. We include a set of Precision Armament Accuwashers with every silencer for accurate timing. The washers are labeled so it's easy to remove it when needed and re-clock it properly every time. Even though there's nothing cheap about PRS, we felt it necessary to keep the costs down by not adding an over-engineered self-clocking mount. Maybe on future models though.

2. The Top Shot is a stand-alone can, but we will be offering the brake cap for any of our models. The Top Shot is the only one that is optimized for the cap though, so you'll give up some brake performance on the other models. They will fit though. You can also put a standard cap on the Top Shot if you didn't need the quick follow-ups and/or wanted it a little quieter.

3. The Top Shot is optimized for muzzle control, less so for recoil. This is precisely as you point out, the cartriges it is intended for have minimal recoil as it is. Howevever, the bigger the round (greater the energy), the better the muzzle control. While it's pretty sweet on 6BR, you could free-recoil it on 6.5 PRC and still stay on target.

4. The Maverick includes the two length options to let the shooter decide if either sound or muzzle control is more important. They correctly point out that if a silencer is doing its job, there isn't a lot of energy left to engage the brake ports at the end of the stack. We found a pretty novel way around this while still being able to keep the overall length at 6.5". At the Gap Grind, our cans would not trigger the shot timers but the Mavericks certainly did.

Please check out the links above. The 6BR link shows the muzzle rise throught he TriggerCam. We'd love to see TriggerCam video of the Maverick, just haven't found any yet. Links welcome!

Also, BOGOHO on everything on our site right now through the end of the year, including the Top Shot.
No one cares

No one cares
Hi, thank you for the feedback and the opportunity to continue the discussion! We're super excited about our new contribution to the PRS/NRL community and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. See you at SHOT Show!

Hi, thank you for the feedback and the opportunity to continue the discussion! We're super excited about our new contribution to the PRS/NRL community and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. See you at SHOT Show!

Guess the sales aren’t good enough to pay for a commercial account to properly advertise your crap 😂

Better re look at post 41.
Hi, thank you for the suggestion!
Guess the sales aren’t good enough to pay for a commercial account to properly advertise your crap 😂
What a great response, and a great representation of the quality individual that Sniper's Hide brings to the industry. We appreciate the feedback, and this is a new account so we hadn't setup the vendor account when we originally posted. But thanks to the helpful comments we've gotten from this thread, now we know and will setup the commercial account, promptly. Thank you, and safe shooting!

What a great response, and a great representation of the quality individual that Sniper's Hide brings to the industry. We appreciate the feedback, and this is a new account so we hadn't setup the vendor account when we originally posted. But thanks to the helpful comments we've gotten from this thread, now we know and will setup the commercial account, promptly. Thank you, and safe shooting!

Nice attempt at a jab, but when your business ethics are to hijack a thread of a competitors product who is a long time supporting vendor to try to pimp your crap it says all that needs to be said about you.

Is this some AI chat crap??? How the F do you come on this thread about a Thunderbeast suppressor, which includes post from a representative from TBAC, and think somehow post #11 even remotely would ever be directed at you... You realize those questions were specific to the forthcoming TBAC offering not just some general "what if" about cans in general??

What a weird ass way to start off trying to move your no name crap. I'd actually recommend against what everyone else is saying, don't waste your money on a commercial account here. Pretty bad look and horrible start.

Is this some AI chat crap??? How the F do you come on this thread about a Thunderbeast suppressor, which includes post from a representative from TBAC, and think somehow post #11 even remotely would ever be directed at you... You realize those questions were specific to the forthcoming TBAC offering not just some general "what if" about cans in general??

What a weird ass way to start off trying to move your no name crap. I'd actually recommend against what everyone else is saying, don't waste your money on a commercial account here. Pretty bad look and horrible start.
Not to mention no one wants a 12+ oz steel 6.5" can

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ