• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New TBAC Brake+Can

But didn’t you read their website? A bolt gun will melt a titanium can. I guess we’ve all just been super lucky to this point.
I got to the Nikola Tesla reference and stopped

Because the naming wasn't bad enough I actually did read some of the website

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and Jnull
Not to mention no one wants a 12+ oz steel 6.5" can
Wow, what a warm welcome to the Hide! Thanks so much, Megaladong, I'm sure your opinions about online etiquette garner about as much respect as your handle. Where do I begin...

If you look at the initial reply, it was to a member asking specific questions about specific features of a TBAC silencer. TBAC didn't start the thread and I'm glad that they're engaging the customer base, as we do. But the response was appropriate and not hijacking. People in this thread are clearly interested in silencers with braking features, and so when there is interest in a feature that our products have, especially when it's clear that the other company isn't currently providing it just yet, it stands to reason that providing that information is relevant. Maybe not to you personally, but you weren't the one who asked the question. I've already answered to the issue of commercial account status.

There is a lot of topic crossover in threads, that's the whole point of forums like this, to connect people and their ideas. If you want to provide constructive feedback, we always welcome it. But clearly, you just didn't like what we had to say and that's fine. We responded to the people that wanted an answer and they're happy about to. Looking at your posts, I'm pretty sure you're not speaking to the masses, so let's put posts on here into some perspective.

Lastly, I'm not sure what silencers you use, but 6.5" steel at 12oz is pretty good (also thank for for taking the time to research that on our site!). We make titanium silencers, but for PRS, Ti cans retain a ton of heat and can hold that heat in between rounds. 17-4 dissipates heat much faster and is almost always cool to the touch by the next round and mirage is never an issue like it is on Ti cans.

At the end of the day, we make silencers, not social media posts. Please catch us at the next PRS event, perhaps we can change your mind. Thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: Terp
Wow, what a warm welcome to the Hide! Thanks so much, Megaladong, I'm sure your opinions about online etiquette garner about as much respect as your handle. Where do I begin...

If you look at the initial reply, it was to a member asking specific questions about specific features of a TBAC silencer. TBAC didn't start the thread and I'm glad that they're engaging the customer base, as we do. But the response was appropriate and not hijacking. People in this thread are clearly interested in silencers with braking features, and so when there is interest in a feature that our products have, especially when it's clear that the other company isn't currently providing it just yet, it stands to reason that providing that information is relevant. Maybe not to you personally, but you weren't the one who asked the question. I've already answered to the issue of commercial account status.

There is a lot of topic crossover in threads, that's the whole point of forums like this, to connect people and their ideas. If you want to provide constructive feedback, we always welcome it. But clearly, you just didn't like what we had to say and that's fine. We responded to the people that wanted an answer and they're happy about to. Looking at your posts, I'm pretty sure you're not speaking to the masses, so let's put posts on here into some perspective.

Lastly, I'm not sure what silencers you use, but 6.5" steel at 12oz is pretty good (also thank for for taking the time to research that on our site!). We make titanium silencers, but for PRS, Ti cans retain a ton of heat and can hold that heat in between rounds. 17-4 dissipates heat much faster and is almost always cool to the touch by the next round and mirage is never an issue like it is on Ti cans.

At the end of the day, we make silencers, not social media posts. Please catch us at the next PRS event, perhaps we can change your mind. Thank you!

You are being jumped on because rather than setting up a commercial account here on SH and starting your own thread to introduce your company and products, you hijacked another thread about a competitors product (without being a vendor/support no less).

If you want a "warm welcome here on the 'Hide", then you need to do things properly. Become a supporting vendor by purchasing a commercial account, and starting a thread to introduce yourself and your products.

Hijacking threads, insulting members, and not purchasing a commercial account isn't going to win over anyone here.

You are being jumped on because rather than setting up a commercial account here on SH and starting your own thread to introduce your company and products, you hijacked another thread about a competitors product (without being a vendor/support no less).

If you want a "warm welcome here on the 'Hide", then you need to do things properly. Become a supporting vendor by purchasing a commercial account, and starting a thread to introduce yourself and your products.

Hijacking threads, insulting members, and not purchasing a commercial account isn't going to win over anyone here.
And maybe learn how to quote the right people

Reactions: kthomas

The title of the thread literally has TBAC in the name lol. You hijacked, got caught in 4k, coped, and got your comment edited. Eat crow and move along.

On to the original topic of TBAC can. I just put a dominus in jail with the intention of shooting more prs with it. I've seen the cans with integral brakes on them. They seem to work without really being behind them

Reactions: Holliday
I'm really curious to see the new TBAC offering, I've only shot a few rounds behind the Maverick in 'short' configuration, it was pretty effective at minimizing muzzle rise but I thought it was LOUD even behind the gun.

If you look at the initial reply, it was to a member asking specific questions about specific features of a TBAC silencer. TBAC didn't start the thread and I'm glad that they're engaging the customer base, as we do. But the response was appropriate and not hijacking.
The title of this post is "New TBAC Brake+Can" unless you had info or questions about the subject of this post it absolutely is hijacking.

We responded to the people that wanted an answer and they're happy about to.
Name one person on this thread who is happy about your posting...

There is a lot of topic crossover in threads, that's the whole point of forums like this, to connect people and their ideas.
You're not sharing thoughts and ideas. You're trying to peddle your product.

No thanks.

Does anyone know if there is a date set for being able to order one of these?

SHOT Show is less than 3 weeks away, I'd expect news then if they're ready
With deliveries to dealers probably 3-4 months from order based on production pipeline, unless they anticipate enough to have front loaded some production.

If you can order this thing without the muzzle brake, I'm down for one. I think a 7" Magnus would be amazing for a hunting/precision can.

It's a bit more than one can, that's why it took so long to get everything together (having a single source CNC vendor not be able to solve a problem for 3 months didn't help either :rolleyes: )

Basically, the Magnus is now available in 3 lengths, each of those in three calibers (.30, .338, and .375), and each of those you can get the normal version or the RR version with the same brake style as the 50 can.

And we added the same RR option to the 338 Ultra.

No, the .375 version is not rated for .375 Cheytac-- that's the 50 can for now.

Well fuck me, I have a g2 338 in jail and would love to have the RR brake on it, the option to have it on my magnus would be nice too.

Not retrofittable. Would involve changing registered length. This is one of those regulations things, not a mechanical limitation.

I didn’t ask if they were but it was only a matter of time before someone did.

It's a bit more than one can, that's why it took so long to get everything together (having a single source CNC vendor not be able to solve a problem for 3 months didn't help either :rolleyes: )

Basically, the Magnus is now available in 3 lengths, each of those in three calibers (.30, .338, and .375), and each of those you can get the normal version or the RR version with the same brake style as the 50 can.

And we added the same RR option to the 338 Ultra.

No, the .375 version is not rated for .375 Cheytac-- that's the 50 can for now.
Just CB or SR then, no HUB?

HUB is currently available to order on .30 cal and .375 cal. The former for interoperability; the latter to use DT/HUB adapters for lack of a 375 mounting standard. No 338 due to lack of HUB mounting systems .33 cal and larger (other than DT adapters).

IMG_8275.png