• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes *NEW* The Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Hunter

SWFA

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Texas
www.swfa.com
PH_.jpg

H2_.jpg

H3_.jpg

Re: *NEW* The Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Hunter

Wow. It is almost a pound lighter than the Heritage 3-15. I see it is has a 30mm tube and less adjustment range. Are those target turrets or are there caps on the knobs?

Very cool...

Interesting.

Are all the reticles 1st focal plane?

We'll have them on our site soon.

Hmmm....very nice. Wished they had a tactical version like this.

This one solves the too heavy complaint I had. Could we request something like this but with tactical knobs? Don't need the same type of knobs as the Heritage Tactical.

Be careful what you wish for. A light tactical version is coming too.

Nice specs. I'm likewise curious though about the turrets. Are those just caps?

as usual my first question is how much and then if it doesn't scare me too bad I look at the specs.

I was thinking about switching one or two of my hunting scopes from Leupold to Zeiss or Swarovski. This looks like it might be an even better option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as usual my first question is how much and then if it doesn't scare me too bad I look at the specs. </div></div>

I'm reading $1800 to $2000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanPopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm....very nice. Wished they had a tactical version like this.

This one solves the too heavy complaint I had. Could we request something like this but with tactical knobs? Don't need the same type of knobs as the Heritage Tactical.</div></div> That is what I was thinking - a hybrid version. Ok the price didn't scare me too much so I looked at the specs. I am digging all the reticle choices.

I sure hope they offer these in a SFP for varmint hunting. Like the choices in the reticles and the magnification will be right on target for my needs. Hope to see alot of new stuff come out for 2011.

This would like nice on a 300WM hunter that I have been trying to figure out what glass to go with.

Good Morning Guys,
I was asked by Chris at SWFA to see what questions I could answer.
There will be 2 models based upon this design offered, the first is the Hunter which will have hunting style turrets- that is they will have covers but still be able to be adjusted by a gloved hand once the covers are removed. The turrets are about and 1/2 inch tall and 1 inch wide. The second design will be the light tactical and this scope will feature an exposed elevation knob with tooless rezero that is about 3/4 inches high and 1 inch wide. We are still working on the final details of this scopes turrets.

All the glass is the same as our Heritage 3-15 except the focus lens has been cut down to fit in the 30mm tube.

Currently the design is all FFP but SFP may come in the future.

MSRP I don't really know. That price will have to come from one of the dealers here, but the estimate of 1800 to 2k above seems reasonable but do not hold me to this.

We will have the Hunter available to play with at SHOT but for now the light tactical will not be there until we are happy with the turret design.
The reticle in the Hunter will be just the standard Gen II for SHOT. Other will be available when production starts.

I hope I have answered your questions and let me know if I can be of further assitance.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul, will the Hunter version have markings to indicate the number of turns made? And will the LT have zero stop in addition to the tool-less zero? Thanks for the additional info.

Paul, what is the dot spacing on the reticle shown in the lower right hand corner?

Azimutha,
The final design on the turrets is being worked on right now. I will know more at SHOT.

ranger1183,
The dot spacing is based on your load. That would be a custom reticle and the dots would be moved to where your ballistics dictated.
Hope that helps guys,
Paul

Hi Jon,
Currently we are not going to do a smaller version of the 5-25. We wouldn't be able to offer the amount of erector travel needed to fully use the scope.
Sorry,
Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Azimutha,
The final design on the turrets is being worked on right now. I will know more at SHOT.

ranger1183,
The dot spacing is based on your load. That would be a custom reticle and the dots would be moved to where your ballistics dictated.
Hope that helps guys,
Paul </div></div>

Custom reticle...

Now I am interested. I like the 3-15x50 as a good allround magnification range and a custom reticle sure sounds interesting.

How much of a price premium would that dictate?

ILya

This with a small profile Tac E turret & covered windage & a 42mm front lens would rock as a LR hunting scope , drop the lit reticle to drop some more weight .

Oh wow, I want one for my new 300 win mag hunting rifle I am having built..Hope I can get one by mid summer..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Azimutha,

ranger1183,
Hope that helps guys,
Paul </div></div>

Custom reticle...

Now I am interested. I like the 3-15x50 as a good allround magnification range and a custom reticle sure sounds interesting.

How much of a price premium would that dictate?

ILya </div></div>

Ilya, right now we are looking at $550 for a custom ballistic glass reticle. The lead time would be 6 months. The long wait is because unless we get enough to do a plate of reticles the cost would be prohibitively high.

Paul

Paul,

Is the light tactial expected to have the same weight??

Will it only change the turrets or there are more changes to it?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ilya, right now we are looking at $550 for a custom ballistic glass reticle. </div></div>

shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">right now we are looking at $550 for a custom ballistic glass reticle. The lead time would be 6 months.</div></div>
Paul, that's good news and I'm very thankful that you have given us that option. Some people might think that $550 is expensive for a custom reticle but that's because they haven't received a $10K price quote from Horus or a $3K "set up fee" from March scopes. $550 is very much worth the money for someone who wants to build a custom scope to his exact specifications. Many thanks, Friend!

I'd buy one.

Two if you make it with a 44 mm objective.

Chris

I've been wanting to put something suitable for LR shooting on my hunting rifle.

It just so happens that my gun in a Browning A-bolt stainless stalker just like in the picture.

I think It's a sign.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd buy one.

Chris </div></div>

44mm objective, 4-16X / 5-20X / 5-25X(?), FFP, Horus H-27 Illuminated reticle, Mil knobs but NOT oversized jumbo monsters and the total package weighing in at between 24 and 30 ounces (hello aluminum!) and I'd be buying one! Then again, that would be much more of a long range hunting scope and NOT a tactical scope.

Maybe not Tacti-cool enough to gain marketplace traction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd buy one.

Chris </div></div>

44mm objective, 4-16X / 5-20X / 5-25X(?), FFP, Gen 2 XR or Horus H-27 Illuminated reticle, Mil knobs but NOT oversized jumbo monsters and the total package weighing in at between 24 and 30 ounces (hello aluminum!) and I'd be buying them by the six pack! Then again, that would be much more of a long range hunting scope and NOT a tactical scope.

Maybe not Tacti-cool enough to gain marketplace traction.
</div></div>

Your onto it.

But thats exactly the reason why most of these US based scope makers don't have as much traction in the rest of the world, they mostly suit 'tacti-cool'.

It is illegal to own a firearm in a lot of countries in the world for 'defense', therefore, why do people own firearms in these countries?

Still, the US is a big market and its fair enough, but I really like the direction premier are going here.

If Nightforce get the f1 right, they will take a large share of a relatively untapped market, but right now, its not quite there. The S&B 3-20 and march are looking like they will be the market leaders worldwide pretty soon, if march can get the reticle sorted and price a bit better.

What an exciting time to be scope shopping though, im loving it!

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gyr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paul,

Is the light tactial expected to have the same weight??

Will it only change the turrets or there are more changes to it?

Thanks</div></div>

We plan for it to be within an oz or so of the Hunter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">right now we are looking at $550 for a custom ballistic glass reticle. The lead time would be 6 months.</div></div>
Paul, that's good news and I'm very thankful that you have given us that option. Some people might think that $550 is expensive for a custom reticle but that's because they haven't received a $10K price quote from Horus or a $3K "set up fee" from March scopes. $550 is very much worth the money for someone who wants to build a custom scope to his exact specifications. Many thanks, Friend!</div></div>

Your welcome. The cost includes the engineering time to create the reticle in the first place, then submit for acceptance, then subtend to the size of the glass plate then to actually etch it and finally build the scope. For a glass reticle we feel this is a good value for those that would like to take advantage of it.
Thanks,
Paul

Thanks Paul

Paul,
Is their a release or target date for the light tacticial.

They will be available this May.

PRH11004.jpg

Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Hunter
$1,850.00
Stock # - PRH11011
•First Focal Plane Illuminated A7

$1,850.00
Stock # - PRH11011
•First Focal Plane Illuminated Gen II Mil-Dot

$1,850.00
Stock # - PRH11001
•First Focal Plane Illuminated Gen II XR

$1,650.00
Stock # - PRH11012
•First Focal Plane A7

$1,650.00
Stock # - PRH11006
•First Focal Plane Gen II Mil-Dot

$1,650.00
Stock # - PRH11004
•First Focal Plane Gen II XR

I personally wish they would have gone with "lockable" turrets like the new Weaver Tacticals instead of covered turrets.

I will try to answer a few of the questions here if I can:

Lockable turrets- this was designed as a Hunting scope and nothing more so we elected to go with covered turrets.

MOA reticle is possible if we get enough interest, as well as MOA turrets. If you would like to be put on the list as being interested in a MOA set up please PM me and I will start a list.
Thanks,
Paul

@Paul

I thought there will be a version with different turrets middle of this year. Am I wrong?

I'm using the "Precision hunter" turrets on a S&B in the moment and would really like to have a PR with a similiar turret. I don't need a PMII or Heritage for hunting but a "Ballistic Turret" would be nice.

Fenris,
Our light tactical scope will have what I think you would consider "precision hunter" turrets. This should be available late June or early July.
Thanks,
Paul