• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Thunderstick..............

blackfox

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Somerset, England
Rem 700 blue printed action
.308 Win, 1/11 twist 22" barrel
Tuned Rifle Basix trigger, breaking in at 1.5lbs
HS precision stock Pillar bedded with Devcon
J-Tec Ranger moderator
IOR 6-25x50 tactical scope & rings
EGW 20moa HD base

This is my deer and long range plinker

Hopefully get out on the weekend to begin the break-in

IMGP0278.jpg

IMGP0279.jpg

IMGP0276.jpg

Re: New Thunderstick..............

AlabamaShooter said:
"Moderator" ha! I love it.

Yeah thats what we call them over here, thats how they are listed on our license. The silencer, not a bad bit of kit really, fully stripable and can also change the thread so i can use it on my .204

And yes, a range report will be prepared when i get out. I only have some cheap PPU ammo to break it in.

My Redding deluxe dies are on order, i have Lapua Brass ready, Federal gold match primers, 168grn A-Max and Nosler BT's

Yep i got a bolt, thinking i may have to change the knob tho...
And just had a rear pod arrive
smile.gif

Im also gonna try some homemade tannerite when i get time.....
laugh.gif

your rings look like they are to small for the scope. I see a lot of space in then top ring and bottom half.

Nice stick. I love the supressor!

Range report and tannerite video please :)

You mentioned 'pillar bed' an H-S precision stock. Did the one you purchased not come with the aluminum block? Wouldn't it be more of a skim bed job on the block?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your rings look like they are to small for the scope. I see a lot of space in then top ring and bottom half. </div></div>

Dunno, they are the rings that came with the scope, 35mm tube job

As for the bedding, the recoil lug recess was massive compared to the oversized lug, so space was filled there. Also there was some space around the action.

Im gettin excited about the tannerite, ive got all of the relevant ingredients on order, cant wait to "blow some shit up"
wink.gif

Forgot to add, yep it did come with a block, well half a block, its only a take off from a mates factory 700, also the screws that fit into the action had a lot of movement so that also was a reason. The Supressors a nice design, and good value.

Cant wait for range report.
smile.gif