• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Tikka 20" 260 ?

SporterII

Minuteman
Nov 23, 2006
Central Fl. USA
Will 20" get a 140 to 2700? Has my attention if so. I have no 6.5 experience and want one. I have H4350 and straight H4351. Bullets are out there and I will need to find brass. Sounds like a good thing. But 20" ?

I am thinking about for Tac style matches. I have been struggling with a 223 with feeding woes for two years now. I want a solid 1000yd. sure feeding, ten round not too heavy rifle to step up to. Missing targets by 1/4 moa, not feeding, doing well on an occasional stage, I need a better rig. This seems like a true step up for me. I put 2680 / .54 into a program and it looks good, to me.

I am thinking about for Tac style matches. I have been struggling with a 223 with feeding woes for two years now. I want a solid 1000yd. sure feeding, ten round not too heavy rifle to step up to. Missing targets by 1/4 moa, not feeding, doing well on an occasional stage, I need a better rig. This seems like a true step up for me. I put 2680 / .54 into a program and it looks good, to me.

I would get a 24" one rather than a 20". Also I don't believe that the sporter has a 10rd mag, it's only 4, you can buy new bottom metal so it'll take AICS mags though. Also not sure the tikka sporter is the rifle you are after since I almost never see them anywhere. However I do see lots of custom remingtons with box mags.

I've a CTR 260 on order also. I'd have liked stainless but Cerakote will weather proof it just as well. 2700 with 140's should be no problem with H4350. My 22" would get 2750 at 42.8 grains with zero pressure. I'm going to try Varget with this one and hope for 2750 with the 130 VLD's. This will be my new suppressed hunting rifle/competition backup.

KRG Xray chassis? Probably. And should still come in under 10 lbs scoped.

Too bad it's not stainless

I admit stainless is nice. The stainless jeweled Remmys are very nice actions to screw a good stainless barrel to. This Tikka as a package does seem like a good deal. Yes, a couple inches here, adjustability there, stainless.... It is not that expensive and quality / features - If it will make a load at 2700, I am going to do this. And farther down the road, a 25" barrel could appear-

Btw, what is the "Medium Heavy" contour? Anyone know if its like a #4 or Light Palma? Muzzle OD?

Think I'll get one for my 12 year old as his new hunting rig, 7.5 pounds should be ok if I keep the glass lite

So I saw the old version of the t3 tac or CRT or whatever. It was threaded and had the rail on top. The rail may be bonded but it's also screwed and pinned and after reviewing the pics of the new CRT online, I feel it will be removable for replacement with a 20 moa rail.

I really would prefer the CTR rifle to be stainless and have a 20 moa rail, but I still ordered one. No telling where it is; the ETA for that thing was mid July. Maybe they meant to say mid August... Time will tell I guess.