• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Timney trigger

09cs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Commiefornia
Finally got my new Timney trigger installed into my AAC-SD to replace the x-mark pro and my God what a world of difference! On my first outting with it, I think I shot one of my best groups!
photo.JPG

.659-.308= .351 (if that is the correct way to measure groups), but I'm still getting used tot he new trigger, and definitely need more time behind the rifle, and hope to see my groups improve!

Good stuff man. I was avoiding replacing my trigger. My X-Mark breaks very clean and I don't think it's particularly heavy, but now with the recall and safety concerns I feel like I have no choice but to get a new one. If you don't mind my asking where did you find yours?

Just last week replaced the trigger on my Rem 700 AAC-SD with a new Timney 510 I believe it was. 1.5# pull, bought & tuned directly from Timney. Even got a Green Tootsie Pop with it. :)

Loving the new trigger!!

Randoman5... have a look at Arms Unlimited if you are looking for a Timney. They have reasonable prices, free shipping, and most important availability. I bought mine from them and it got to me in a couple of days. Hope you find yours.

I have one of the new Calvin elites on my rifle. All I can say is that....it is amazing.

Good stuff man. I was avoiding replacing my trigger. My X-Mark breaks very clean and I don't think it's particularly heavy, but now with the recall and safety concerns I feel like I have no choice but to get a new one. If you don't mind my asking where did you find yours?

I ordered it directly from Timney, they set it to my desired weight at the factory before shipping (i got mine at 2.5#), and got it in under a week. The even included a tactical lollipop

Just last week replaced the trigger on my Rem 700 AAC-SD with a new Timney 510 I believe it was. 1.5# pull, bought & tuned directly from Timney. Even got a Green Tootsie Pop with it. :)

Loving the new trigger!!

I was afraid to go that low, because I've never shot a rifle with that light of a trigger, so went with 2.5#

Yes, the tootsiepop was bomb :)
I just got the Calvin elite. Oh my gosh. I may replace all my 510's now.
Not familiar with that one

Swapped my Rem AAC stock trigger for a Timney and set it to 2.5#s and a world of difference. After many trips out I might drop it a half a pound. Nice trigger with the flat option.

Did the timney 510 myself for my old xmark. Wow is all I can say. Set at 2.1lb and it is amazing. Only thing I don't like is the safety needs to be pushed all the forward past the audible click to fire. Feels almost sticky. Also had to take a dremel to the inside of the trigger guard to fit it properly. Not a lot of fitting, but definitely didn't drop straight in. Still worth it in my opinion

Did the timney 510 myself for my old xmark. Wow is all I can say. Set at 2.1lb and it is amazing. Only thing I don't like is the safety needs to be pushed all the forward past the audible click to fire. Feels almost sticky. Also had to take a dremel to the inside of the trigger guard to fit it properly. Not a lot of fitting, but definitely didn't drop straight in. Still worth it in my opinion

Mine fit great, only problem was with the bolt release lever, before the swap, I'd push the release and it would pop back down, and now i have to re insert the bolt to get it to reset.

Put a new Timney 510 on a 700 I put together for a SWAT/Sniper duty rifle, I love it, got it set at 2.5lbs and it breaks real nice. I like the the slightly wider trigger's feel.

What kind of improvement is that over your old trigger? Been looking at getting a Timney for my ATR(I know, not a quality rifle). I can get 1MOA putting a lot of effort to get past the heavy creepy trigger

Just installed the Timney 512 in my 5R 308 today. Of course the bolt release spring went flying, even though I was trying to prevent that. Also I did not know that the X mark trigger was going to shed some pieces when you push out the pins. All part of being a noob… (first time ever taking apart a bolt gun). I got the 2.5 #. Can't wait to try it.

Just installed the Timney 512 in my 5R 308 today. Of course the bolt release spring went flying, even though I was trying to prevent that. Also I did not know that the X mark trigger was going to shed some pieces when you push out the pins. All part of being a noob… (first time ever taking apart a bolt gun). I got the 2.5 #. Can't wait to try it.

That caught be by surprise too, spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out if that was needed or not

What kind of improvement is that over your old trigger? Been looking at getting a Timney for my ATR(I know, not a quality rifle). I can get 1MOA putting a lot of effort to get past the heavy creepy trigger

Best group with the x mark (with inconsistent breaks, would jump from 3 to 4.2 etc..) was about a .8 inch

I have a Timney on the way for my Sendero. The best price that I found was at Amazon. I have found several items at Amazon and they have a program to contribute to Wounded Warriors, so how do you beat that. Amazon,,,who would of thunk!

G5guy

Mine fit great, only problem was with the bolt release lever, before the swap, I'd push the release and it would pop back down, and now i have to re insert the bolt to get it to reset.

Same issue with my Timney install... Try these ideas for a fix:

• Check that the front pin isn't *dragging* on the bolt release (on the inner side)
  • Adjust the tension screw for the bolt release slide

I did both of these, and the bolt release would return to position with ease.

I bought the 510 from SWFA after receiving an email from them about the long Remington lead times for repair. I have not used the trigger yet, the time is coming this weekend. Snap-cap firing with the Timney trigger feels great!! I never thought I would fall in love with the wide blade, but it feels much more natural than the Remington blade.

check the bolt release spring is reinstalled correctly or at all.

Same issue with my Timney install... Try these ideas for a fix:

• Check that the front pin isn't *dragging* on the bolt release (on the inner side)
  • Adjust the tension screw for the bolt release slide

I did both of these, and the bolt release would return to position with ease.

I bought the 510 from SWFA after receiving an email from them about the long Remington lead times for repair. I have not used the trigger yet, the time is coming this weekend. Snap-cap firing with the Timney trigger feels great!! I never thought I would fall in love with the wide blade, but it feels much more natural than the Remington blade.

Thanks for the tips!