• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to long range, not to shooting

NewGuy308

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
Hi, I'm getting into long range shooting, but not new to shooting. I have been shooting a little bit of everything from when I started a little over 5 years ago. Started with bullseye indoor shooting which evolved to USPSA, IDPA matches, skeet and trap shooting and rifle shooting out to 200 yards. Recently I brought a couple of rifles to a 1000 yard range and have been hooked.
I recently started to accumulate parts for a 6.5 Creedmoor build. I'm planning on using a BAT tactical elite action with the 20 moa rail, Krieger barrel, Kahles K624i scope. Most likely it will be going in a MDT chassis. I could use some recommendations for a good 1 piece scope mount. My only question is if I want to zero at 100 yards will the 20 moa from the rail be enough for me to bottom out the turret on the scope for my zero and be able to dial it all the way up for as far as it will go?

Welcome to the Hide.

According to Kahles website, it shows;

Adjustment range (E/W): 25.5 / 11.25 MIL

I would think E & W stand for elevation and windage. If so, you have twice as much elevation travel as you do windage travel and plenty to be still able to zero with a 20 MOA mount. You could even go to 30. 40 could be right on the edge depending on how truly aligned the base is to the barrel. I've seen under 1 MOA, but have also seen over 4 MOA variation from true.

welcome , there was just a post in the forums a day or so ago not sure if he sold it or if it interests you an mdt acc chassis in white I love my mdt so far I would surely recommend getting one if your into them

welcome , there was just a post in the forums a day or so ago not sure if he sold it or if it interests you an mdt acc chassis in white I love my mdt so far I would surely recommend getting one if your into them
I'll look around. I have a LSS on my Remington 700 in 308, that's why I'm thinking of getting another MDT.

Reactions: acudaowner