• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New toy! CZ Bren 2!

hitman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2004
Tampa, FL
I had to pick this up when I seen it! They are not in stock anywhere at all, even online etc.. But my local store had one so I grabbed it! I am going to get her out early next week and see how it shoots. It cycles like its on ball bearings. It is the 11.5" 5.56 model.

I would have one too but that short hand guard drives me bonkers.

Supposedly they are realizing longer hand guards for them.

AND I want a suppressed setting!

Yeh I am with you, I wish it was longer as well. I do not shot suppressed so that does not bother me at all.

Mine will be ran suppressed most of the time and a suppressor hanging off of that gun with a short hand guard it’s looks funny.

Nice rifle. Keep us posted on it’s performance. I’m waiting on the 308. I have enough 556 guns.

CZ at one time said they would bring on other barrel cartridges so you could swap between 556 and 762x39. If you get a chance Id love to hear a full review.

I finally got it for a quick test. I did not have my sight yet so I just zeroed the irons and played with it. It cycles like it is running on ball bearings and with the short barrel it was not that bad at all with flash or recoil One thing I need to do asap is get rail covers. I fired a full mag fast and damn that thing got hot quick! With the light barrel and mlok so close to the barrel it heats up.

I was thinking maybe carbon fiber covers.

Reactions: B Man
Does anyone know if CZ plans on selling rifle versions of the bren2 in 5.56 and/or 7.62? I’ve read a lot of news on this firearm, but nothing concrete on a non-pistol version.

I know preppers had them but they were sold out when I looked. I was lucky and my local place had two in stock.

I'm sure they will. According to the military arms channel, the current bren 2 offerings weren't exactly what they wanted so they sold them with little fanfare. Reportedly the future bren 2s will be much more modular. But it sounds like this will still be some time out and I'm sure the hype train will be in full force well before they are released.

I am looking forward to it as well and have been trying to find out everything about it. It looks to have fixed some of the gripes about the original bren and I am hoping it will fare well against the much more expensive scar 16.

They only released 300 with the first release and they went fast. They weren't set up the way CZ-USA requested instead they were set up like the military version but there isnt much difference in the two from what ive seen. Like mentioned the handguard is slightly different. As for performance i agree i love it it runs great. The trigger is a little spongy and took a little getting use to for me but i love it. It also shoots no problem suppressed or unsuppressed so far on gas setting one. Im hoping the factory stocks come available soon
20181129_135520.jpg

looking at CZ's website, they list a 14" pistol version in both 7.62x39 & 5.56. depending on a few factors like interchangability between the V1 and maybe standard AR hardware, getting this 922 compliant might be pretty straight forward. now if only I had room for another carbine..

does the barrel have a shoulder for different muzzle devices or is it like the scar?