• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New toy (full auto 22AR), Im gonna need more ammo...

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Just got this little guy put together today, not in its completed condition yet, but got to shoot it. So far its been 100% reliable from the first round, not a single jam yet. I had to rape my 9mm upper to put it together today as Im just waiting on some packages to arrive with a new upper and a basic tube handguard for it.

I think I will cut the barrel down to 4 or 4.5" as supersonic cracking 22 annoys me, but need to fab up a different style extension to hold this little thing in the lathe. My normal AR extension threads onto the extension threads, this barrel is not threaded rather the receiver extension is machined into the barrel itself. Need to basically just machine the front of an AR upper into a long piece of bar stock to get it to go through the headstock.

Upper:
CMMG 6.5" Dedicated 22LR barrel
CMMG 22 Conversion stainless bolt carrier group
Troy VTAC Carbine length handguard
TBAC 22L-1

Lower:
Aero Precision drilled/milled for select fire
M16 trigger group and auto sear
CMMG mags

Onto the videos, Ill throw up a picture of the finished product when its done.

Area 419 AR15-22 Full Auto - YouTube

Area 419 AR15-22 Full Auto w/slow mo - YouTube

Last edited:
I'm a bit jelous!! I have the SBRed 22 upper and suppressor, but no giggle switch!! :( That loooks a ton of fun!! I took mine out for it's maiden voyage this weekend and also found out that bulk pack ammo + 6.5in barrel = supersonic crack. :confused: CCI standard velocity is nice and quiet, but I have several thousand of bulk pack set aside for it and a 50 round Black Dog drum mag. My barrel will likely be making a trip to the gunsmith shortly once I verify the NFA process for shortening a SBRed upper. Cool toy thanks for sharing! :cool:

No such process for shortening a barrel, once it's sbr you are fine, that overall length field isn't that crucial on the form 1.

Is yours a dedicated setup or just a 5.56 chambered barrel?

Galaxy S3 on tapatalk

If anyone is looking for mags for their 22 conversion, Palmetto is basically giving them away. Their Black Dog Xform nylon mags sell for $14.99, or you can get 10 for $120.