• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New TRG22, what scope for $2K or less?

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Alright, I need some help. I've been consumed for a long time searching for what 308 I wanted to buy and I ordered up today from Seth at Euro Optics a dark earth Sako TRG 22 with a 20" barrel. Now I need some glass. I can go up to about $2K max and would like to shoot out to 1000 yards, but less most of the time like 500 or 600. I know there's NF S&B, US Optics, etc. but I'm not sure what specific scope or magnification I want or really need. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I'll be shooting mostly at plates that are pretty good size I'd think, Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: New TRG22, what scope for $2K or less?

Take a look at the IOR. the new gen 4's are very nice.

Call Scott at liberty optics he will help you out and answer any question you have.

Thank you
Joe

If it were me I would get a Bushnell HDMR, they are tanks and the glass is really crisp.

If you want FFP you can also look at the Vortex Razor HD's, I hear really good things about them as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it were me I would get a Bushnell HDMR, they are tanks and the glass is really crisp.

If you want FFP you can also look at the Vortex Razor HD's, I hear really good things about them as well.
</div></div>

What he said

I'm running my 5.5x22x56 Nightforce NXS on my TRG, sits in High seekins rings. Perfect fit. Shooting 700 yards with mine was cake walk, I'm excited to get it out a little farther the next time I can get out.

I would look at the SWFA SSHD 5-20x50 either illuminated or not, which ever is your flavor, or a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 in any of the 3 Mil based reticles.

Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it were me I would get a Bushnell HDMR, they are tanks and the glass is really crisp.

</div></div>

What he said </div></div>

This.

I have a TRG 22 also and chose first a 3-18x42 IOR FFP Mil/Mil, then tried a SWFA SS 5-20HD Ill Reticle, and finally settled on a 3.5-18x50 FFP Mil/Mil Ill Reticle and couldn't be happier. I may be in the market for a HDMR to try some time.

My vote is:

MOA/MOA --> USO 3.2-17
Mil/Mil --> PR 3-15

The USO is great, but on my 20" TRG-22, it looks a bit unbalanced even though the PR is heavier. Still in the middle of performing A-B tests between the two.

There should be plenty of pics around, but let me know if you want to see pics of the rifle wearing different scopes.

I snagged an illuminated SWFA 5–20x50 for $1 k during their intro sale for my .308 AI AW and have run it out to 1 k yards. Seems a bit silly to run a $1 k scope on a $6 k rifle, but the accuracy/repeatability of the adjustments along with the quality of the glass seems fine. I particularly like the 10 mil/turn knobs.

—Andreas

My vote gets the NF NXS 5.5-22-50 ZS NPR2, Have this same scope on my 338LM and is spot on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Razzorbakk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My vote gets the NF NXS 5.5-22-50 ZS NPR2, Have this same scope on my 338LM and is spot on. </div></div>

I have the same scope on my 308 TRG 22. That's what I would go with or the NXS 5.5-22x56 with zs and hst.

Snipe10, what is your preference as far as MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA?? I hve the Nightforce 5.5-22x50 with the NP-R1 reticle. I absolutley love it and can see clearly past 1k yds.