• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Triad Product: Padded Scope Cover

Triad

Old Dude
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.triadtactical.com
With Eagle Industries making it harder to get products made in the USA, Triad has moved forward with this design:
http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Padded-Scope-and-Muzzle-Cover.html
P8030001.jpg

P8030004.jpg

The differences from the Eagle product are these:
1. Muzzle cover is slightly larger diameter.
2. Three securing straps are adjustable for location on body of cover.
3. Carry handle.
4. End cap webbing is relocated for ease of use with larger lenses.

Here is the product description from the site:

Triad Tactical Padded Scope and Muzzle Cover
The Padded Scope Cover (PSC) Is made of 1000D Cordura material and the padding is 3/8" close cell foam.
The PSC is 18.75" long and 5" tall and will fit objective lenses up to 56mm.
The muzzle cover is 8.5" long and will go over any diameter up to 1.5" (.30 cal suppressor).
The webbing attachment for the muzzle cover extends out to 21" from the front of the scope cover. This should allow it to accommodate barrels up to 32-34".
The webbing that covers the ends of the scope can be secured to the inside of the cover so that the scope can be used with the cover in place. The webbing is attached to the scope cover a little further down than some of our competitors covers. This allows the PSC to better fit over a large objective lens.
A sturdy webbing carry handle is attached at the top of the PSC for those that like a rifle that carries like a briefcase.
There is MOLLE style webbing secured down both sides of the cover. This allows you to move the attachment straps fore and aft so you can tailor the fit of the PSC to your rifle. This feature works great with magazine fed bolt guns or semi auto rifles. It also allow you to easily integrate a Trigger Defender from TIS.
The PSC is available in six outstanding color options.

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Padded-Scope-and-Muzzle-Cover.html

This is a proprietary product of Triad Tactical, manufactured in the USA.
P8030005.jpg

Re: New Triad Product: Padded Scope Cover

Damn you steve.

I just bought the eagle scope cover from a friend of mine and you go and pull this out.

Thanks. I guess I'll be buying one of these in multicam.
wink.gif

Hot Damn! Exactly what I need!

Talk about filling a need in the market. Reasonably priced and made in the USA!

Placing an order now...

Very nice, just wish it was a little bigger to fit a SN3 w/sunshade.

Great. Something else added to the "I gotta have it" gear list

Nice. I applaud you for #3. No carry handle/strap is just dumb.

Looks like another quality product by Triad, just placed an order last week and looks like I'm placing another one.

I am need of these as well. I noticed the Triad cover is a little longer too. I'm order today.

Thanks!

Steve, order placed.
smile.gif

Thanks again!

BTT

pupdawg,

I can assure you that you will be the FIRST person in Hawaii to have one!

Looks sharp and very sturdy. If the rifle is any comparison of size, these will accommodate a very large optic indeed!

AR-10 has a 22" barrel with Gemtec HVT attached. Scope is Premier Heritage 3x15-50mm

R700 has a 20" barrel and the scope is Loopy 3.5x14-50mm.

Steve-
Any idea when you will have O.D. color back in stock? I may have to order my second color choice, dangit!! Are the handle/straps/buckles guaranteed to work on a 19 lb rifle?
wink.gif
I think you hit it outta the park with this product! Now I just have to come up with a story for the accountant....

I got mine in last week. Super quick shipping just as well expect and receive from Steve. Very happy with it. Thanks for a great product!

Nice looking product. Something else to add to my never ending "wish list"
cool.gif

Any chance of making one to fit a USO SN-3 TPAL with the 58mm objective? Any chance that the muzzle cover might accommodate a 1.625" OD suppressor? If that could all work and the strap is long enough...

I'm running one and so far it has served me well. Great product.

Good luck,
Merritt

Thanks guys. CEGA, Ill see if I can find something that size to test fit.

I'll stick to the 1.5" diameter given in the description. It might take a hair more, but Im not certain.

What is the OD of your DTA??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll stick to the 1.5" diameter given in the description. It might take a hair more, but Im not certain.

What is the OD of your DTA?? </div></div>

Mmmm couldnt tell you as I'm yet to pick one up. But looking at doing so in the future.

Its a nice produce regardless, and Im likely to buy one in the future for other rifles i have.

Ordered OD since you got it back in stock. It should work well with the SN-3 3.2-17X44 without shade which is it's usual configuration.
I install the ARD and PVS-22 on demand, with the front open, you could certainly mount either prior to removing the cover.

Any pics of it fitted over a scope with a sun shade fitted ?

The only sunshade I have is for my 4.5-14 loopy. I sat on it and its out of round and will not go back on the scope :)

My Multicam came today and I am pleased with the quality of it & also the service from Steve.
This cover is just large enough to fit my S&B 5-25 " without a sunshade "

Too bad I just got one. Although I'm sure the eberlestock one will work great. This makes me wanna get another one though. The buying never ceases.

Coyote Brown was out of stock for a while, but they are back in stock now.

I got my multicam in the other day. I really like it too. My only suggestion would be for a wider carry handle.

My Multicam came today and I am pleased with the quality of it & also the service from Steve.
This cover is just large enough to fit my S&B 5-25 " without a sunshade "

The sunshade issue has been solved(finally)....

We are now making the Padded Scope Cover in a version the is +4" longer. The padding in them is 22" long, and overall to ends of material is 22 7/8". I'll leave the usable scope length at 22".

We should have all six colors (Black, Khaki, Coyote, Ranger Green, Olive Drab and Multicam) of the cover in stock in about 4 weeks. If you are interested, you can follow the link and file out the very short form to get an email when they arrive.

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Padded Scope and Muzzle Cover