• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Trigger Wanted

nacraracer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2011
I have a DPMS Sportical (entry level AR, please dont bash me for that). I love my weapon and have have added many goodies. But the trigger sux! I would love to get an awesome trigger installed. Something light and quick and 200 or less. Would would you suggest. And I dont understand the difference between the single stage and two stage either. Use of weapon? All around, plinking, target and light hunting with no children in the house.

Re: New Trigger Wanted

Geissele would be my choice. For an all around trigger you can't go wrong with an SSA or SD-C (SD-C is an SSA with a flat trigger face).

Thanks Jim. What is the difference between a single stage and two stage trigger?

I don't have one but I haven't read a post/thread yet where someone thought they made a mistake buying a Geiselle trigger.

Once the gun bank gets replenished I'm going to get a SSA for the new build.

If Geiselle makes it, Geiselle is the answer. They are so far beyond the closest competitor it is crazy.

A single stage breaks when you put pressure on it, one pull impiulse.

A two stage has a n initial stage, then you feel a stop, there is a second pull after this stop. It makes a safer trigger feel lighter since you are holding the first stage. It is one motion, you pull through the first stage and hold until you are ready to break the shot.

A single stage trigger has one smooth pull until the sear breaks. A 2 stage trigger has a first stage that is taken up then a lighter second stage. The trigger breaks after the second stage. A lot of competition rifles use a 2 stage trigger, and most rifles for defense use tend to have a single stage trigger.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacraracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My local ar guy says timanney (sp) </div></div>

Timney

Go with the Geissele SSA-E and don't look back. I've used the Timney, Geissele SSA, and now the Geissele SSA-E and it's the cats ass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go with the Geissele SSA-E and don't look back. I've used the Timney, Geissele SSA, and now the Geissele SSA-E and it's the cats ass! </div></div>
For a two stage I agree 100% but for the single stage I like the POF or Timney triggers.
The Geissele 3-gun trigger will be the next on my list
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I like the RRA NM 2-stage trigger for what you will be using it for.

RRA NM Trigger

Jim </div></div>
I like this one as well and have one installed in one of my rifles. But if you want give it a lighter pull and crisper feel, install a set of Superior Shooting Systems spring and hammer set ($17.95) with it! http://www.davidtubb.com/ar-15-natl-match-cs-trig-hamr-spring-set
Joe Bob Outfitters has the RRA 2 Stage National Match trigger kit on sale right now for $94.95 and free shipping. http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/AR0093NMK_RRA_Two_Stage_Match_Trigger_Kit_p/rra-ar0093nmk.htm

I have shot and sold all major models and you cannot go wrong with the Geiselle,, JP or PACT. That said the one I like the best and am in the process of putting in my persoanl AR's is the Wilson COmbat TTU-3G. It is single stage and outstanding crisp/smooth. I have yet to hear any precison/tactical AR shooter or 3 Gunner say anything other than I want one!!!

Again as with all of my personal kit I like stuff that works not necessarily what everyone else has or is traditional

I have a 2-stage jewel and really like it, but it seems no one else on here uses them.

Hopefully someone can elaborate on my jewels are not used as my friend with a Geissele likes mine more than his.

May I suggest Bill Springfield trigger job for about $50, you don't find too many negative critiques about his trigger jobs.