• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes New Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4X, anyone have info?

Rancid Coolaid

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 10, 2007
    Houston, TX.
    I've heard a new model is due out in January but now can't find anything on it.

Anyone have information.

And yes, I did search and found nothing here.

Re: New Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4X, anyone have info?

Price range? Seems like any optic like this is in the retarded $1500 price range.

I am going to buy one as long as it is reasonable in cost, I have a TR21 that was $499 brand new-These might retail around $1K but that is just my best WAG. Anything under $800 would be great, under $700 even greater, and under $600 outfuckingstanding!

It looks real nice so far. If it has re-setable turrets and the German #4 Reticle, it is a winner for me.

I think its going to be called a TR24. 30mm tube, true 1x, constant eye relief. Red, amber, green?

I want one.

Supposed to be available early 2009 is what I heard.

I would all over that if it was 2.5-10 on a hunting stick.
    T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paulosantos: It will have re-setable turrets and a German 4 reticle. </div></div>

That is great news.

I've really warmed up to the Accupoints this past year and a 3-9x40 red triangle resides on my AR-180B and I really like it. The knobs are a but mushy but it zeroes and tracked flawlessly, and it is FAST to target, but precise enough to get it done for slow fire stuff. Good glass, fit and finish. Thanks for the heads up!

Still no for sure info huh? What's up guys, first time on the forum. Seems nice. I want this optic for an m4gery though :p

i'm definitely anxious for this to be available

Hopfully this will force S&B to drop the price of the Short Dot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300LW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopfully this will force S&B to drop the price of the Short Dot.</div></div>

Ha! That's rich.

Re: New Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4X, anyone have in

Brother has the one inch model and I was very seriously considering that for an AR now............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ignore Midway, we'll smoke that price for Hiders. </div></div>

Interesting marketing strategy.

Trijicon rules! 1.2-4 post, 3-9 dot, 3-9 post.
    I have 2 extra 3-9 post for sale ANIB & NIB
    DSCN2714.jpg

antelope08.jpg

DSCN1898.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ignore Midway, we'll smoke that price for Hiders. </div></div>

Consider it ignored...anixously awaiting your price.

I posted the Midway link simply to provide a ballpark estimate of price and release date. I apologize if I stepped on any toes.

A firsthand review of this scope can be found here: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21177

If the spec sheet is accurate, the new Trijicon TR24 hs a SHORTER eye relief. I thought one of the primary issues this new one addresses was the short eye relief of the TR21, which is now much longer than the replacement Tr24.

What gives?

I am new to this forum, and trying to decide on an optic for an SPR build. This new scope sounds like it will be perfect.

Chris

So, I just recently got to look through one of these. Unlike most every 1x on other variables I've looked through, it really feels 1x. Even the S&B shortdot had weird edge to edge distortion which killed the illusion of 1x for me.

The one I looked at wasn't mounted. Usually eye relief seems even worse when you look through an unmounted scope. All I can guess is that since the exit pupil was so huge it didn't really matter. I really didn't see any vignetting.

Oh yeah, the green illumination was BRIGHT! Image was very clear and bright too.

The way the knobs zero is pretty cool. Unfortunately they don't have any hashmarks under the turret, so you'd have to keep track of how many revolutions you've done.

Was the scope you looked through the triangle or the dot? Rath

I went with the red triangle as it was available when I wanted to order one. It sits on my patrol rifle right now. I am actually faster with it than I was with my RDS, mostly due to the much brighter reticle. For fine shooting I have to turn down the amount of light that gets to the fiber optic.

It is actually lighter than my RDS and magnifier by a view ounces and the glass quality is great, even more so when compared to a RDS and magnifier.

While I have been able to get the illumination to wash out in some artificially staged situations, in actual patrol work it has always been good.

It has a huge sweet spot and I can't really got back far enough on the stock to loose a crisp sight picture. Up close and while moving, if the triangle is on the target, I hit it, regardless how screwed up my sight picture might be.

I even pick it up well when I switch shoulders. It is an optic I think has to be experienced to believe.

While it isn't really heavy, in a perfect world it would be half the weight and shorter.

Good feedback Martens,

I'm going to pick up a dot version simply because the main purpose is hunting. I've never seen a true 1x so I'm quite interested in this little scope.

Rath

I love my 1.25x4, and I really want one of the green dot versions of the TR24. Should be really great.

Here's a pic of the TR24 on my patrol and my SPR rig as well.

P1010083.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I love my 1.25x4, and I really want one of the green dot versions of the TR24. Should be really great. </div></div>

We have that version (TR24-3G) in stock, ready to ship.

Scott

I own 3 Accupoints. 2 older ones I have been using for a FEW years, both are the post triangle reticle, one is the 1.25-4 and the other is a 3-9 power. I recently got a newer 3-9 power mildot in amber. I absolutely love it. These are great scopes. The only thing is the Parallax is set for 100 yards. considering that, I mounted it it one my beowulf rifle.....and so far, it is holding its own on my "scope killer" rifle. I think the glass is really clear, I love the mildot option also. I want to get the 1-4 power with the Green triangle along with the 5-20 (think that is what it is) with mildot in green since this model also has side focus on it.