• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New USO SN3 Glass Quality

Re: New USO SN3 Glass Quality

when you don't have first hand experience, and all you can say is negative comments due to a few comments you have read, that shows enough of your character.

anim_horse.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems awfully strange that only last year, several forum members who compared scopes in person found that USO glass was disappointing.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1224033&page=3

My experience mirrors that of the above thread. </div></div>

I rest my case.

Problem with spending all that dosh on a custom scope is that you will ignore any shortcomings of said product and defend it till the cows come home.

Yet again Zeiss and S&B. None of which have a AO scope in their portfolio.

USO obviously has its winning points but Clarity and Accuracy are what scopes are about and this is where people are not happy it seems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics are probably the only scope maker to charge that kind of money for a front ADJ OBJ scope. its normally a feature on cheaper models of a makers portfolio. with side px being on the expensive scopes. it also normally makes a scope much longer which isnt desirable.

US Optics arent an authority on optics they have only been around since 1990.

If it was such a good way to implement the feature then Zeiss and S&B would have it on at least 1 of their scopes.

People seem to like them because they have a solid build and alot of Tacticool features on them.

i have never owned one since they are not for sale in the UK, nor would i purchase one since i can get S&B scopes cheaper than you guys can in America which makes choosing a high end scope easier.

I have only you guys opinions on the glass inside i have no idea who makes it? Schott maybe? </div></div>

So a company such as USO that makes hundreds of scopes a year to custom specifications isn't an authority on their own business, but you come along and give us all your expert opinion on something you have never owned? Accuracy International was formed in 1978, so on the grand scheme of timelines it sounds to me that they would come up a little short in the "authority" dept as well. Any thoughts on this mate? You are awful opinionated for someone who doesn't know Jackshit about a company or the product they produce other than what you look at on Google.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics are probably the only scope maker to charge that kind of money for a front ADJ OBJ scope. its normally a feature on cheaper models of a makers portfolio. with side px being on the expensive scopes. it also normally makes a scope much longer which isnt desirable.

If it was such a good way to implement the feature then Zeiss and S&B would have it on at least 1 of their scopes.

People seem to like them because they have a solid build and alot of Tacticool features on them.

i have never owned one since they are not for sale in the UK, nor would i purchase one since i can get S&B scopes cheaper than you guys can in America which makes choosing a high end scope easier.

I have only you guys opinions on the glass inside i have no idea who makes it? Schott maybe? </div></div>

So a company such as USO that makes hundreds of scopes a year to custom specifications isn't an authority on their own business, but you come along and give us all your expert opinion on something you have never owned? Accuracy International was formed in 1978, so on the grand scheme of timelines it sounds to me that they would come up a little short in the "authority" dept as well. Any thoughts on this mate? You are awful opinionated for someone who doesn't know Jackshit about a company or the product they produce other than what you look at on Google. </div></div>

Compared to S&B with 50 years who make their own glass and optical coatings and Zeiss 130 years who also make their own glass and coatings.

These are authorities on optics.

Does USO make their own glass and coatings? i doubt it.

You can hardly compare them to Accuracy international. England has been the home of some of the best Gun makers in history.

Same for German optics

Fx1 you're a tool. I have the adj objective and I actually chose it over the side focus. I'm not saying you're a tool just b/c you have a different opinion than me, but b/c you're opinion is based on such skewed logic that it pains me to even type this response to it as it makes me feel as if I'm somehow validating ignorance.

Please continue to spew your junks, we'll all keep laughing.

Id have to agree with JRose here. FX1 what makes you the "optics authority" here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics are probably the only scope maker to charge that kind of money for a front ADJ OBJ scope. its normally a feature on cheaper models of a makers portfolio. with side px being on the expensive scopes. it also normally makes a scope much longer which isnt desirable.

So a company such as USO that makes hundreds of scopes a year to custom specifications isn't an authority on their own business, but you come along and give us all your expert opinion on something you have never owned? Accuracy International was formed in 1978, so on the grand scheme of timelines it sounds to me that they would come up a little short in the "authority" dept as well. Any thoughts on this mate? You are awful opinionated for someone who doesn't know Jackshit about a company or the product they produce other than what you look at on Google. </div></div>

Compared to S&B with 50 years who make their own glass and optical coatings and Zeiss 130 years who also make their own glass and coatings.

These are authorities on optics.

Does USO make their own glass and coatings? i doubt it.

You can hardly compare them to Accuracy international. England has been the home of some of the best Gun makers in history.

Same for German optics </div></div>

So I get it, adj objective or not, German scope companies are the best, and all others suck. You have a real narrow view my friend...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id have to agree with JRose here. FX1 what makes you the "optics authority" here? </div></div>

B/c he's European.... Just like we're the authority on dental hygiene.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fx1 you're a tool. I have the adj objective and I actually chose it over the side focus. I'm not saying you're a tool just b/c you have a different opinion than me, but b/c you're opinion is based on such skewed logic that it pains me to even type this response to it as it makes me feel as if I'm somehow validating ignorance.

Please continue to spew your junks, we'll all keep laughing. </div></div>

Yes front AO is so good that every premium scope maker uses it dont they.......
S&B and Zeiss have no idea what they are doing since they are using the lesser side paralax turret.

From S&B

"For such scopes, Schmidt & Bender has developed a highly effective, easy-to-use parallax adjustment housed in a third turret opposite the windage adjustment turret. This allows you to quickly adjust the parallax compensation for distances ranging from 50 meters (55 yards) to infinity, without having to remove your eye from the scope."

i see you gladly ignored the posted thread about how mediocre these USO scopes were?

OK FX1:

What makes you the OPTICS AUTHORITY?

here is a hint, its not that you have a good google-fu. You are basically quoting what you read off Google, have you actually ever used a Adjustable Obj scope? Or is this a blind assumption?

i have owned both types and have yet to meet someone who prefers AO over side Px

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fx1 you're a tool. I have the adj objective and I actually chose it over the side focus. I'm not saying you're a tool just b/c you have a different opinion than me, but b/c you're opinion is based on such skewed logic that it pains me to even type this response to it as it makes me feel as if I'm somehow validating ignorance.

Please continue to spew your junks, we'll all keep laughing. </div></div>

Yes front AO is so good that every premium scope maker uses it dont they.......
S&B and Zeiss have no idea what they are doing since they are using the lesser side paralax turret.

From S&B

"For such scopes, Schmidt & Bender has developed a highly effective, easy-to-use parallax adjustment housed in a third turret opposite the windage adjustment turret. This allows you to quickly adjust the parallax compensation for distances ranging from 50 meters (55 yards) to infinity, without having to remove your eye from the scope."

i see you gladly ignored the posted thread about how mediocre these USO scopes were? </div></div>

No, I fully understood your opinion that you lay out as fact, noted.

I won't go into the diatribe about why I chose ERGO over TPAL, I'll just say this, that I'm at no disadvantage to your vastly superior S&B scopes with mine, regardless of your retarded opinion.

By the way, Toyota hasn't been around nearly as long as Ford or Chevy, guess which one I choose? I'm curious as if you research everything you buy to make sure the vendor you choose has been doing it for the longest time?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have owned both types and have yet to meet someone who prefers AO over side Px </div></div>

Hello. You just have.

so what makes it better than side px?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics are probably the only scope maker to charge that kind of money for a front ADJ OBJ scope. its normally a feature on cheaper models of a makers portfolio. with side px being on the expensive scopes. it also normally makes a scope much longer which isnt desirable.

Your ignorance is showing.... from the way you type you are clearly not from the US and I can understand your jealousy to having "less then ideal" glass available to you. I will give props to the Zeiss Hensoldt line of scope, because I own one, but Schmidt and Bender is nothing to get me excited. I would take a Premier Heritage or USO over them anyday. Thats just my personal opinion.

I also think you have had your ass handed to you on this topic and you should relieve yourself of the keyboard since its your only connection to the world, from what I can tell your a dim witted ass bag that no one really cares for. So, do us all a favor and stop taking up our bandwith. Go back over to arfcom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics are probably the only scope maker to charge that kind of money for a front ADJ OBJ scope. its normally a feature on cheaper models of a makers portfolio. with side px being on the expensive scopes. it also normally makes a scope much longer which isnt desirable.

Your ignorance is showing.... from the way you type you are clearly not from the US and I can understand your jealousy to having "less then ideal" glass available to you. I will give props to the Zeiss Hensoldt line of scope, because I own one, but Schmidt and Bender is nothing to get me excited. I would take a Premier Heritage or USO over them anyday. Thats just my personal opinion.

I also think you have had your ass handed to you on this topic and you should relieve yourself of the keyboard since its your only connection to the world, from what I can tell your a dim witted ass bag that no one really cares for. So, do us all a favor and stop taking up our bandwith. Go back over to arfcom </div></div>

Lol thats why the US Government Binned US Optics scopes in favour of S&B.

USO dont even make their own glass. why so many negative threads about USO if they so good?

USO fanboi lol

PS i have Zeiss, S&B and Swarovski at better prices than your USO counter sniper type scopes

I was typing out my response but then I just said F*it...

What JRose said last +1 Million.

To the OP, congrats on your new scope. Take some shots of it mounted on your stick and show some targets!

Lets face it. your own forum did a comparison with all the top scopes and the outcome was USO was in the middle of the middle ground scopes. Mediocre and disappointing.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1224033&page=3

S&B and Zeiss Coming out on top

There is a group buy to purchase a load of PMII S&B scopes.
Your own Military Favours S&B over USO.
No military on the planet uses USO scopes but lots use S&B
Accuracy international recommends S&B

do i need to carry on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PS i have Zeiss, S&B and Swarovski at better prices </div></div>

Got pics of these? I'd love to see them on your rifles, because I like pictures...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics are probably the only scope maker to charge that kind of money for a front ADJ OBJ scope. its normally a feature on cheaper models of a makers portfolio. with side px being on the expensive scopes. it also normally makes a scope much longer which isnt desirable.

I also think you have had your ass handed to you on this topic and you should relieve yourself of the keyboard since its your only connection to the world, from what I can tell your a dim witted ass bag that no one really cares for. So, do us all a favor and stop taking up our bandwith. Go back over to arfcom </div></div>

USO dont even make their own glass. why so many negative threads about USO if they so good?

USO fanboi lol

PS i have Zeiss, S&B and Swarovski at better prices than your USO counter sniper type scopes </div></div>

Actually you are wrong. USMC has now contracted Premier Heritage to make their scopes. USO are used in a few different military branches.

USO fanboy ? Im seeing that our school systems are ahead because you clearly cannot spell or formulate paragraphs.

And there are not many if ANY scope maker that makes their own glass. It is usually outsourced because of the amount of machinery and room you have to have to make the different lenses. You seem to be really bobbing you internet head on the shaft of S&B scopes. You probably don't even own any scopes, I'm pretty sure your airsoft guns don't need them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets face it. your own forum did a comparison with all the top scopes and the outcome was USO was in the middle of the middle ground scopes. Mediocre and disappointing.

S&B and Zeiss Coming out on top

There is a group buy to purchase a load of PMII S&B scopes.
Your own Military Favours S&B over USO.
No military on the planet uses USO scopes but lots use S&B
Accuracy international recommends S&B

<span style="color: #FF0000">do i need to carry on?</span>
</div></div>

Yes please continue to make an ass of yourself and then jump off your nearest bridge or high building!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics are probably the only scope maker to charge that kind of money for a front ADJ OBJ scope. its normally a feature on cheaper models of a makers portfolio. with side px being on the expensive scopes. it also normally makes a scope much longer which isnt desirable.

USO fanboi lol

PS i have Zeiss, S&B and Swarovski at better prices than your USO counter sniper type scopes </div></div>

Actually you are wrong. USMC has now contracted Premier Heritage to make their scopes. USO are used in a few different military branches.

USO fanboy ? Im seeing that our school systems are ahead because you clearly cannot spell or formulate paragraphs.

And there are not many if ANY scope maker that makes their own glass. It is usually outsourced because of the amount of machinery and room you have to have to make the different lenses. You seem to be really bobbing you internet head on the shaft of S&B scopes. You probably don't even own any scopes, I'm pretty sure your airsoft guns don't need them. </div></div>

Err, Zeiss, S&B and Swaro all make their own glass. The reason you think most companies dont its just that america doesnt really have any optical manufacturing companys in the same league as Zeiss.

Apparently S&B make PMII scopes for the US marines

Wanna know how i know your an idiot? Because SB didnt make shit for the USMC, Premier Reticles made those SB scopes, SB only sent parts to Premier Reticles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wanna know how i know your an idiot? Because SB didnt make shit for the USMC, Premier Reticles made those SB scopes, SB only sent parts to Premier Reticles.
</div></div>

What a load of Bollox. S&B scopes are made in 2 places and 2 places only thats Germany and Hungary for their Fixed mag scopes.

they are hand made in germany and you can call S&B and ask them.

S&B used to make Premier scopes for Premier.. not the other way around

Fx1 sound like a Euro fanboy. Trying to make his AO sound better then it really is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

What a load of Bollox. S&B scopes are made in 2 places and 2 places only thats Germany and Hungary for their Fixed mag scopes.

they are hand made in germany and you can call S&B and ask them </div></div>

How could we get ahold of them with you slobbering all over them?

i win.

signing off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen (Not you, Fx1): Stop feeding the troll.
</div></div>

Please take Lindy's advise guys.
Your government, your forum said this, your people.
Already made it clear that this troll doesn't want to fit it
grin.gif

Did he say "I win"???!!! Oh no he didn'!!! Hahahah!!!

Very entertaining... Why is Counter Sniper Pete not here... They would make a great couple...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why is Counter Sniper Pete not here... They would make a great couple...
smile.gif
</div></div>

It may be Maser under a different handle......

"England has been the home of some of the best Gun makers in history."

Too bad your government hardly trusts you with them. Slightly bitter?

Hey Fx1, care to elaborate on this statement from this thread?

"i <span style="font-weight: bold">have yet to use</span> a Zeiss but my <span style="font-weight: bold">S&B PH</span> that i <span style="font-weight: bold">owned was</span> very good.

if only i had the money to get a S&B PMII"

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...733#Post1790733

Interesting, didn't you say here:

"PS <span style="font-weight: bold">i have</span> Zeiss, S&B and Swarovski at better prices than your USO counter sniper type scopes"

So you have Zeiss, but you've never used it? You praise S&B PMII above but you actually had a S&B PH (Premier Heritage?)that <span style="font-weight: bold">WAS</span> very good? How long ago did you own this S&B PH, using PH's reticle <span style="font-weight: bold">made in USA</span>? And pray tell where is this Swarovski you speak of? Or were you simply noting the fact that you can get any and all of these three for less price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

S&B used to make Premier scopes for Premier.. not the other way around</div></div>

Are you in the USMC?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

S&B used to make Premier scopes for Premier.. not the other way around</div></div>

Are you in the USMC? </div></div>

Let it go dude, he's already won...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let it go dude, he's already won...</div></div>

Jason why don't you just shut up.... You don't know jack because you like a AO's.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man JRo, maybe your "nick name" oughta say; HuntinAZ's Bitch

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Jealousy's an ugly color on you Austin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man JRo, maybe your "nick name" oughta say; HuntinAZ's Bitch

laugh.gif
</div></div>

I wouldn't go that far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Euro fanboy.</div></div>

Yeah I kind of gathered that too, which is fine. I'm a USA fanboy when it comes to guns.

I would like to see what kind of prices they have on optics over there. It could very well be that they are "cheaper" because of the purchasing power of the pound & maybe lower import duties.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's time to stop feeding the troll, which he has clearly demonstrated that he is.
</div></div>

Lindy, I agree.

I do want to sign off of this thread with a few words;

I am a very busy person and will not even entertain the idea of wasting any more time with this nonsense. It would take me an hour to type holes in all of your claims, but I am going to let it be.

I do want you to know that I spent many long hours grinding and polishing glass in the last 20 years, don't claim to know it all, but I do know enough to know WTF I am talking about. If you ever want to sit down over a pint of beer and a great discussion, come on out.

I say go buy a S&B, Premier or Zeiss, they are all great scopes. Each one has far more than 20 years experience with optics, but they still don't have the heart to run a company for other than a company. We build scopes for the end user, not for what every bloke with a credit card and a spit shined pair of shoes wants.

Later this week, if I find the time, I will check back to see how badly I get roasted in the next few posts. For now I am heading off to go eat some damn good pig......THAT I SHOT WITH A USO.
grin.gif

John III

Check out the "Wall of Shame" thread towards the end, or just search for Fx1's posts and you can see what kind of "stuff" he is flinging over there about UK prices and importation charges.