• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New USO SN3 Glass Quality

Re: New USO SN3 Glass Quality

John! I want some pig! Can I donate some cash for it? I'm only 20 minutes away!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That does it my USO is going up for sale. Glad I kept some Leupolds. </div></div>

ROFL

Holy shit! this jackass has some nerve. Dare I say he is worse than Piston Pete?

facepalm.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the "Wall of Shame" thread towards the end, or just search for Fx1's posts and you can see what kind of "stuff" he is flinging over there about UK prices and importation charges.</div></div>

+1

Fx1, please.....IMHO you'd be doing yourself a favour if you'd just let your thread die until you have tried the USO.

...and stop laying claims to having tried scopes only to contradict your claims later.

You are just embarrasing yourself!

Your assertion that you don't get USO here in the UK is inaccurate.

I know for certain that Bob at SGC carrys them...let me know if you need his number and I'll PM you. Or you can call Gavin at Midway UK.

"Seek and ye shall find..."

I owned a S&B PH 4-16, i had no need for a PMII since they are pretty much the same scopes with slightly different features. I know tons of people with PMII scopes and ive used them myself.

The point i made was that i have prices for Zeiss, S&B and Swarovski which is far better than you pay for these same scopes. this doesnt mean i own all 3 but i have seen all 3 and know people who own them.

i have no need to waste my money on USO junk. and yes it is junk. Check your own forum for peoples comparisons. YOU HAVE IGNORED THIS 3 TIMES NOW.

Let me state again.

YOUR MILITARY DROPPED USO FOR S&B
YOUR OWN FORUM SAYS THE GLASS IS MEDIOCRE AND DOESNT TRACK IN A BOX TEST.
NO INTERNATIONAL GOVERNMENT WANT TO BUY USO SCOPES.
THEY ARE NOT ENDORSED BY ANYONE BUT USO FANBOYS AND WEEKEND WARRIORS

Also SGC website doesnt even work so they are hardly selling many are they? at £4000 each!!!!! LOLZ twice the price of the best S&B PMII good luck with that.

Funny how i got a load of PM's from people saying how they tried to explain to you fanboys that USO scopes are average at best. They too had no joy and advised me to give up.

A fool and his money are easily parted! USO smoke a big cigar on you
wink.gif

Once again you're talking crap - £4,000??? Midway UK has the SN3 listed at £2,225

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't even get the basic information to support your "argument" right?

Holy shit, looks like I missed the party. Fx1: I am not a USO fanboy, I have no experience with them either, I have heard of issues with a few scopes but that happens with any manufacturer, there glass may not be up to par as some say, but id try one anyday because of what USO does for the sport, if I had the cash id order one right now. USO may not have the best glass (from what ive heard) but John and the guys let you order what you want in a scope, and thats enough reason for me to order one when I can afford it. plus its made in the USA!
Now go sip your tea.

Stop feeding the troll. It should be obvious to all by now what he is doing. It is also obvious that he isn't really from the UK due to his poor English which obviously is not his first language.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again you're talking crap - £4,000??? Midway UK has the SN3 listed at £2,225

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't even get the basic information to support your "argument" right? </div></div>

£3,912.75 SN-9 10-42x

Sorry...isn't this thread about the SN3??

What relevance does the SN9 have???

Compare apples with apples.

I've got better things to do than this.

"Have a nice day"

FYI to FxL

The adjustable objective actually has a couple benefits that I am aware of.

1. it uses one less lense so the picture/view you see is even better.
2. a stronger more reliable scope because less moving parts
3. The parallax is actually more forgiving on a AO then a Side parallax. Meaning...

say your shooting at 400M and your side parallax graduates in 100m increments your dial has to be really really close to 400m where a AO is more forgiving ie. I could be around 500-550M or down at 250-300 and I'd still be "ON". I don't know why this is but it's something I've noticed when shooting.

another nice thing about the USO is you can put your windage on the left side turrett which for me allows me to operate everything on the scope I need with great ease using just my left hand.

ugly stick - the scope is designed and made to take a beating. It's not meant to be pretty. You want a pretty scope go get a S&B. But the finish on the USO is tougher. The tube is thicker and the knobs are better and the scope could take a hell of a worse fall then some pretty S&B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry i can not take any scope with an "Adjustable Objective' Seriously </div></div>

Any reasons or just trolling? </div></div>

Check out the world class scope makers and take a look how many of them use 'Adjustable Objectives'

This is a royal pain in the ass. its hard to focus the image while keeping your eye on the target when shooting foxes or rabbits let alone if a talibany is shooting back!

99$ hawk scopes use this feature because its 'Cheap'

Premium scopes use side focus on a 3rd turret for a very good reason.

im always suspicous when a company feels the need to put a huge white branded logo across the side of the scope in size 56 font.

Not to mention that the scope has been hit with the ugly stick. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i know exactly what paralax is and how to use it.
<span style="color: #3333FF">-obviously not or you would not make statement #1 below</span>
i also know that it turns a blurred image into a sharp one too.
<span style="color: #3366FF">-eliminating parallax and focus are not the same thing</span>
plus i also know how crap having it on the front objective is.

1) you cannot see the distance marks from prone like you can on side px.

2) its near impossible to adjust it from prone whilst tracking a moving target.
<span style="color: #3366FF"> -you really expect me to believe that you adjust your parallax control while tracking a moving target??</span>

3) its the cheapest way to implement px adjustment into a scope.

Just because someone doesnt have 7000 posts on a forum doesnt mean he knows about shooting.
<span style="color: #3366FF"> -I think you don't know what you are talking about from your demeanor and content, not your post count.</span>

i have owned and shot both types so im not talking shit.

<span style="color: #3366FF"> -sounds like you have owned a piece of crap with an AO and have allowed that experience to color your whole frame of reference</span>

when S&B or Zeiss start offering Adj Obj then ill sit up and listen

<span style="color: #3366FF">When more benchrest records (parallax can kind of screw up a good run in that game) are held by folks shooting S&B and Zeiss than NF (or Lightforce) scopes with AO I'll sit up and listen</span></div></div>

There are reasons for both systems, but they are just not the reasons you are stating. </div></div>

you are a Ra TARD.

they make both kinds (AO and side parallax) and the price difference is miminmal.

there is no difference in length.

USO is innovative.

S&B has basically the same scope year after year.

Zeiss not only makes scopes but every other thing on the face of the planet. I'd rather buy from someone who specializes.

zeiss and S&B are expensive because they have to be imported and our dollar is less in price than your crappy euro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics are probably the only scope maker to charge that kind of money for a front ADJ OBJ scope. its normally a feature on cheaper models of a makers portfolio. with side px being on the expensive scopes. it also normally makes a scope much longer which isnt desirable.

US Optics arent an authority on optics they have only been around since 1990.

If it was such a good way to implement the feature then Zeiss and S&B would have it on at least 1 of their scopes.

People seem to like them because they have a solid build and alot of Tacticool features on them.

i have never owned one since they are not for sale in the UK, nor would i purchase one since i can get S&B scopes cheaper than you guys can in America which makes choosing a high end scope easier.

I have only you guys opinions on the glass inside i have no idea who makes it? Schott maybe? </div></div>

no chit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US Optics ...........i have never owned one </div></div>

And that right there just about sums up the entire debate. Thanks for sharing your vast experience with US Optics. </div></div>

FxL can you please get yer chit stright. Quit wasting everyone's time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there were any quality issues, there'd only be one scope on this table..

DSC_0679.jpg
</div></div>

Nice Cerakote work.
Looks like it anyways

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...</div></div>

Mr. Fx1 is taking some time off to read the rules. Baiting and fighting about it is a good way to get time to read the rules. I got tired of trying to edit or delete his posts. I'm sure we'll probably see him in about 10 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there were any quality issues, there'd only be one scope on this table..

DSC_0679.jpg
</div></div>

Nice Cerakote work.
Looks like it anyways </div></div>

killer job. 30calsniper hooked it up while the scope was in assembly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The adjustable objective actually has a couple benefits that I am aware of.

1. it uses one less lense so the picture/view you see is even better.</div></div>
This is not correct, I tried to touch the subject here. A sophisticated objective design that is necessary for great image quality will have the lense necessary for parallax adjustement anyway, it's just a matter of the mechanics of moving it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2. a stronger more reliable scope because less moving parts</div></div>
A moving lens is a moving lens, and then there's a ring you twist to move it. I'd call that a draw. Otherwise, it's amatter of the specific execution of the design. Both can either be made well or not-so-well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3. The parallax is actually more forgiving on a AO then a Side parallax. Meaning...

say your shooting at 400M and your side parallax graduates in 100m increments your dial has to be really really close to 400m where a AO is more forgiving ie. I could be around 500-550M or down at 250-300 and I'd still be "ON". I don't know why this is but it's something I've noticed when shooting.</div></div>
This also has more to do with the specific design. On the Heritage scopes, we've actually gotten complaints because the parallax is so forgiving that people don't get the immediate confirmation for the spot-on parallax setting that they are used to from other scopes, meaning the image pops into focus even if the parallax isn't spot-on. We think it's better to have a clear sight picture over a wider range of distances than having a razor-thin depth of field that requires resetting the parallax for every small distance change, and this is with side focus parallax adjustment.
It's more of a matter of the optical design, not the placement of the controls.

Wow! I leave for a day and I find this is what the thread has turned into. It's sad that some people take offense when a review is made that equates optical quality to that of their loyal brand, as if no one could possibly equal or surpass that level of quality. The fact is the scope I received has glass equal to that of my S&B. I would expect anyone that would look through both scopes to say that are very close. Who cares how many lenses are in a specific model or if the objective is adjustable, the end result is what is important (and it's not like you have to buy an adjustable objective). Obviously these guys are busy for a reason, a lot of people are ordering their scopes. One thing I know for sure is I won't be selling my USO or my S&B if I can help it. I've gone through a lot of scopes to end up with these. I don't settle for mediocrity, I had to buy and sell 8 guitars before settling on two I made keepers. The one thing that really amazed me about some of the posts here are the comments made about a product some people have never even held in their hands, yet they can state their opinions about how good it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN/</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mr. Fx1 is taking some time off to read the rules. I'm sure we'll probably see him in about 10 days.</div></div>

That's something to look forward to then....
frown.gif

I'm an USO owner, and that is after using it on a friend's rifle for a while, reading all the good and bad threads on here, and at the end a generous offer to make me an owner... Let's face it, there is nothing in the world that can please everyone. Some people don't like vanilla ice cream, go figure. Formulate your own beliefs/convictions and ideas based on your own experiences is all I can say.

There are guys here who have had positive experiences with USOs, who will jump in a thread about USOs every time to educate others based on their own experiences, or simply to praise. On the other hand, there will be guys who have experienced the downside of owning an USO who will jump in also to educate others or simply to bash; two sides of a coin that must coexist... There is a reason why most people say it is just an opinion, take it for what is worth, your mileage may vary, etc, etc... The problems comes when someone from either side start praising, or bashing subjectively, instead of letting the OP (who is usually just looking for advice on choosing a scope) know, objectively, why they should, or shouldn't choose a USO scope. The threads usually deteriorates as soon as a poster tries to impose his/her will on the OP and tell him/her what to do, or we get someone like "you know who" that got banned, that just go on pushing his own agenda or misconceptions.

I personally have no problem reading the shortcomings on USO, or any other scope, because it is not happening to me, but I would still like to be educated on what has happened to others, because it gives me insight on how to diagnose and solve problems should it ever arise.

The whole argument about how high end/high dollar items such as USOs should not have these shortcomings because S&B, Zeiss, Swarov, "insert any brand", does not is ridiculous. I have personally seen more BMWs broken down on the side of the road (not because of flat tires) than any other brand besides Mercedez (then again I work in Orange County California so maybe the odds of seeing BMWs and Mercedez are higher :D). Are they considered high end/high dollar automobiles? I would think so. Are they mass-produced items with some options available, like say, S&B or Zeiss? I would think so also. People like to sensationalize, it is human nature either to prove a point, or simply to embellish to make something more believable. I have read threads on the failures of S&B and Premier on the local California shooting forums, so just because the threads aren't present here does not mean none of them break down.

Anyway, again to the OP, I think you got a fine scope there and I hope you will have countless hours of shooting enjoyment with that scope. If it ever needs some extra TLC I'm sure John and the USO will take care of you (those people who like to preach USO has great customer service because they need it please refrain from chiming in unless you've got something objective to say about it). Please post your "experience" with it so we can once again learn what it is capable, or not capable of.

Fx1, perhaps you forget that the military doesn't always contract out to the BEST bidder, but often times to the lowest bidder who can get the job done. It doesn't matter that the military doesn't use a USO. It doesn't matter that you don't like them (so far, an opinion you've formed purely on the basis that others have "told you so" and that you can't buy them over there for less than you can buy European glass for).

Not to mention that you calling USO users "fanboys" is the pot calling the kettle black. You've done nothing short of play fanboy for S&B, Zeiss, etc, so you're not any better than the rest of us.

Lastly, USO has a pretty decent following here because they DO make scopes that work. You fail to keep in mind that EVERY scope manufacturer is producing a mechanical device, and they ALL experience failures at some time or another. USO is no different, nor is your beloved S&B or any other scope made across the pond. I know lots of optics companies that I'm not a huge fan of, but I don't go around pissing on them. I state facts regarding their performance and call it good. I think if you intend to stick around here for long, you learn to do likewise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN/</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mr. Fx1 is taking some time off to read the rules. I'm sure we'll probably see him in about 10 days.</div></div>

That's something to look forward to then....
frown.gif
</div></div>

He is just consorting with Piston Pete (aka. Fx1?) to see who else, or whatever else they can find on Google to quote and use as universal fact.
laugh.gif

As usual Lindy used a very analytical explanation, which I agree with. I have a couple of Schmidt and Benders and 12 US Optics ranging from the 1.5 - 6 on the IPSC rifles the 1.8 - 10 on my AR 10 platforms and the 3.2 - 17 and the 5 - 25 on my bolt guns. I have both the Ergo and the T-Pal, all my scopes are in IPH turret and IPH retical. USO will supply TMOA / TMOA mil/mil or any configuration that the purchaser requests. Each one of my USO's are basically custom made to my specification. One of the best things about dealing with USO is when you call them you don't have to dial one for English. Normally Jeff or Becky will answer the phone and are more than eager to help solve any problems, purchasing new scopes or any issues with already purchased scopes. So again, what it all comes down to is what whatever personal choice you make you need to be happy with and not worry about which glass is clearer, which scope is heavier, shorter or longer. Which ever purchase you make learn how to use it, spend time with it on the range and as long as its reliable and you understand the use of the turret and retical I am sure it will perform to your expectations if not beyond. Maybe I'm a USO fan boy! LOL

This is an interesting thread although the name calling is perhaps a little too much?

I have an IOR a PM2 and have imported the PH scopes. To date I have not had the opportunity to try a USO and yes they are seen and available in the UK. Can someone from USO chime in and tell us all what glass they buy in and if it is inferior in grind and coating to that which IOR/SB/PH use, then why so?

Personally I know of no manufacturer that offers the options that USO appear to offer? Support these guys and they may yet make the premium scope that I belive they can?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is an interesting thread although the name calling is perhaps a little too much?

I have an IOR a PM2 and have imported the PH scopes. To date I have not had the opportunity to try a USO and yes they are seen and available in the UK. Can someone from USO chime in and tell us all what glass they buy in and if it is inferior in grind and coating to that which IOR/SB/PH use, then why so?

Personally I know of no manufacturer that offers the options that USO appear to offer? Support these guys and they may yet make the premium scope that I belive they can?
</div></div>

John (the guy that owns USO and has posted in this thread already) has said before they get the raw glass from Schott.

They work for me.

Of course I have a grand sample of TWO USO's, but I don't exactly baby my stuff either.

100_4273.jpg

I prefer the Adjustable Objective over the TPAL. I don't usually try for itty-bitty groups and I find that adjusting for the average range and driving on produces the best results.

Then again, I probably don't know shit about this shootin' thing. I am going to sign off and go read the latest Stephen Hunter novel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there were any quality issues, there'd only be one scope on this table..

DSC_0679.jpg
</div></div>

Nice scopes JRose, I hate being broke had to sell all mine except my st10's. Hopefully everything picks up next year.........

All scopes have pros and cons. I own two Premiers and have decided to go with USO for a few reasons.

Reticle choice: Having a reticle that meets your shooting needs is very important. I have ordered custom reticle to my spec. Hensoldt best option is a milldot,, now thats just crazy.

Glass: I compared the glass of USO to Premier (mine), NF and S&B. I don't believe USO is giving up anything to them. They joys of shooting comps you can sit on the line and get behind the scopes side by side.

Support: USO is in CA 50 miles from me and the customer support is first class.

Reliability: I believe all scopes go down. I shoot with too many guys that S&B units went down on the line. Don't think USO is perfect but they are reliable scopes, even if they need to make a trip back once.

Features: You can have anything you want with USO. I don't know why the trolls keep beating up on the AO. USO offers T-Pal also. I am really stocked I can get my windage turret on the left hand side.

As for they military shooting S&B... Well they shoot Premier now does that make S&B crap? No it's just a choice someone made. Don't they also use some leopolds which are crap.

Yes, USO has some bad reviews but they also have great reviews. They might not have the best glass but you can't beat the flexibility.

About most online an gun rag print reviews,...
I believe most of those types of reviews are bias myself. Everytime I start digging into the complete story, it always comes down to either who is recieving free product, being paid to pimp same, or trying to trash one to pimp, another.

As always when in doubt, follow the money, or freebees.

I have two USO's, that do everything I ask, as I own no safe queens. Not saying S&B would not as well, but I can't get one my way, so I'll never know for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LoneWolf, what did you use to paint scope? </div></div>

9691968b.jpg

Nothing more enjoyable than watching the other guys in the squad bay cringe as you paint a $2400 scope with a $5 can of spray paint.

I'll just add my .02.

4-5 months ago I acquired my first USO a used USO SN3 TPAL 3.2-17.I believe it was an older example.The image quality was poor.There was something wrong with it.

The good news is that Jeff personally emailed me and asked me to send it in for inspection after I had mentioned the problem briefly in a scope thread.He was respectful and professional.

When I got it back.In only 2.5 weeks.The image quality was fine.Pretty much the same as my NF.They paid shipping both ways to boot!I was very happy with the outcome thanks to Jeff and USO.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About most online an gun rag print reviews,...
I believe most of those types of reviews are bias myself. Everytime I start digging into the complete story, it always comes down to either who is recieving free product, being paid to pimp same, or trying to trash one to pimp, another.

I have two USO's, that do everything I ask, as I own no safe queens. Not saying S&B would not as well, but I can't get one my way, so I'll never know for sure.
</div></div>

Gunfighter,
Just curious as to why you wouldn't be able to get a Schmidt where you are. I have no local dealers here either but was able to have one within a week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About most online an gun rag print reviews,...

</div></div>

Gunfighter,
Just curious as to why you wouldn't be able to get a Schmidt where you are. I have no local dealers here either but was able to have one within a week. </div></div>

Im pretty sure he meant customized the way he likes it by "my way"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Just curious as to why you wouldn't be able to get a Schmidt where you are. I have no local dealers here either but was able to have one within a week. </div></div>

Getting a S&B is not a problem, the problem is I can't get it with the retical I want, knobs I want, windage where I want, and no side focus. I've shot many S&B's, but if I can't get it built the way I want it, it's of no use to me, other than as a trade off.

Now if they would offer a 1 IPHY retical, 1/2 IPHY up and wind, zero stop, 5-25 power, 30 mm tube, w/ 65+ IPHY of up, with an ajustable obj, I'd be ordering one for the .510 Problem is they, like most all Mfg's want the world to conform to their product, based on their marketing. Thats fine, like George Jones said, I have choices.

Understood. Well, I guess us "fanboys" will have to stick to our "average USO junk" due to the fact that the top of the line "authorities" of scopes do not build to custom specs.

Don't you guys wish we were all as knowledgeable as some people
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the average wait time for a custom scope build by USO? </div></div>

Our order took 3 months to get here BUT...if you're looking for a...

3.2-17x44 ERGO
1/10 MIL EREK Elevation
1/10 MIL Windage
GENIIXR Illuminated Green
35mm Tube

...the wait is about 3-5 days ground right now
cool.gif

4585480370_be1bff0abb.jpg

Mike @ CST

Great Dark Horse, now you've just given Fx1 some more ammunition to quote and prove his point...

I can see this from Fx1 now:

"See, even Dark Horse agrees that you are all just USO Fanboys who settle for 'average USO junk'. Even your own forum calls S&B and Swarov. 'authorities' of scopes, and they don't build to custom specs with AOs because custom means unreliable, and not how your own government choose to build scopes."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh I kill myself. Hard to make up your own entertainment. Kinda miss his misguided posts just a little...

Mike, you meant EREK elevation correct?
smile.gif

Man, gotta love the 35mm tubes and that stout look. Even if they don't offer extra elevation adjustment, at least they give you a better grip when you use it as a club in CQB.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, you meant EREK elevation correct?
smile.gif

Man, gotta love the 35mm tubes and that stout look. Even if they don't offer extra elevation adjustment, at least they give you a better grip when you use it as a club in CQB.
smile.gif
</div></div>

That's what I put...j/k, thanks!

LOL...most expensive engineered club on the market hands down!

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Understood. Well, I guess us "fanboys" will have to stick to our "average USO junk" due to the fact that the top of the line "authorities" of scopes do not build to custom specs.

Don't you guys wish we were all as knowledgeable as some people
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Your the one that ask the question,... and as for "average USO junk" you'll never hear or heard that, from my mouth. USO is the best I've ever used and is a long way from Jim Leatherwoods, 6X Partner, where I started.

You want to spend $3K for off the shelf thats up to you, not me.

Nothing more enjoyable than watching the other guys in the squad bay cringe as you paint a $2400 scope with a $5 can of spray paint. [/quote]

Yep....I get the same looks
smile.gif

Mike, What are you thoughts on the glass vs PH, NF & S&B?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Usdmgtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, What are you thoughts on the glass vs PH, NF & S&B? </div></div>

We get this question a lot. The PRH, NF, S&B, USO, Zeiss, and so on put out great glass. In all honesty, once you hit a certain level of quality of glass, your human eye is going to be hard pressed to say one sees better than all the rest without putting an optical machine that can test it for you. Also a lot of the companies get their glass from the same place.

Why some guys say they see better out of one scope than another? A lot has to do with the individuals' eyes. You might feel you see better through a USO where your buddy might feel he sees a little better through another scope. I get guys telling me "I see better with my USO than the S&B" and vice-versa. When I get shooters looking through my USO, S&B, NF, or PRH I get statements like “WOW! That's the best glass I have seen!” I also believe some people favor one over another due to personal bias.

For me personally, I use all of the scopes in question because I can see great through all of them. The scopes in the pics below I still own today and they are all currently mounted on rifles ready to use for competitions. I recently just added another USO that came in with the 3.2-17x listed above...

7.09 - SCPR, So. Cal (US Optics)
4585054205_bb49a9c733.jpg

11.09 - NCPPRC Steel Match (Schmidt & Bender)
4585014437_9576542bba.jpg

2.10 - TPRC, AZ (Nightforce)
4585054307_85d7516b2c.jpg

4.10 - RO, TX (Premier Heritage)
4585640550_692462a710.jpg

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

I was just quoting a certain misguided individual. I really don't care about comparing glass and who has been around the longest, USO has what I want. Enough said, this topic has been bludgeoned to death and I'm done with it. I'm sure another scope comparison will appear within a week.

Like grandpa always said,
"its a great thing everyone don't have the same taste or everyone would be wanting to bone grandma".

Just arrived today, a new 5-25 TPAL mounted on a Barret 82A1-416R. Thanks to Chris Barret I can now own this rifle in the Republic of.

DSCN0541.jpg