• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex PST Just Arrived PICS

nic_bravo_whiskey

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2008
El Paso, Texas
I'm pretty excited. After doing much research, I came to the conclusion that the PST's are by far the best bang for the buck. I ordered the SFP 6-24X50 from EuroOptic.

I haven't mounted it to my 10FP yet, but have looked through it plenty. I've read many times that the glass is the weak link for this scope, and I guess I set myself up not to expect too much, but I am very pleased. It's not an S&B or NF, but plenty bright and clear for my eyes. It's seems to be just a bit under my old IOR.

I really like how the power setting indicators have the mil multiplier on them, I thought that was pretty thoughtful. The turrets are awesome. I can't stand mushy, quiet turrets, and these are just the opposite. Very positive and audible. The illumination has on then off settings, so you only have to click once to get to your most used power setting.

So far, I am very pleased with what I see. This scope feels very solid, and with the Vortex warranty and EuroOptic customer service, you can't go wrong. I can't wait to get it mounted, and get out to the desert to do some shooting.

20130710_222755.jpg

20130710_222646.jpg

20130710_222541.jpg

20130710_222611.jpg

Very nice. All of my scopes are pst's. my next rifle which will be a bolt action will have the same scope.

I'm pretty excited. After doing much research, I came to the conclusion that the PST's are by far the best bang for the buck. I ordered the SFP 6-24X50 from EuroOptic.

I haven't mounted it to my 10FP yet, but have looked through it plenty. I've read many times that the glass is the weak link for this scope, and I guess I set myself up not to expect too much, but I am very pleased. It's not an S&B or NF, but plenty bright and clear for my eyes. It's seems to be just a bit under my old IOR.

I really like how the power setting indicators have the mil multiplier on them, I thought that was pretty thoughtful. The turrets are awesome. I can't stand mushy, quiet turrets, and these are just the opposite. Very positive and audible. The illumination has on then off settings, so you only have to click once to get to your most used power setting.

So far, I am very pleased with what I see. This scope feels very solid, and with the Vortex warranty and EuroOptic customer service, you can't go wrong. I can't wait to get it mounted, and get out to the desert to do some shooting.

20130710_222755.jpg

20130710_222646.jpg

20130710_222541.jpg

20130710_222611.jpg

I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. I just picked up my first Vortex PST after using mostly Leupold Mark 4's and I couldn't be happier for the price.

I've had the MOA version now for 18 months and have really liked it. It shows it's limitations past 800 yards, but still a great scope overall.

I was using the old 10x SS years ago to shoot 1000 yards, this scope will do just fine.

I should qualify my answer as I have a FFP version of the scope. The optics are great, just the reticle gets a big obtrusive at 24x at 1000 yards

I honestly think that Vortex has a spot in the market that no other manufacturer has. Especially when you combine this scope and the VIP warranty. It can't really be touched.

That's why I go with Vortex. With the overall glass quality for the price, and a lifetime warranty; that's just hard to beat without breaking the bank. Great pictures nicholas306. If you love the scope without it even being mounted you will love it even more once you take it out.

That's why I go with Vortex. With the overall glass quality for the price, and a lifetime warranty; that's just hard to beat without breaking the bank. Great pictures nicholas306. If you love the scope without it even being mounted you will love it even more once you take it out.

Thanks. Haven't got it mounted yet, waiting for the base and rings. Can't wait though.

Thanks. Haven't got it mounted yet, waiting for the base and rings. Can't wait though.

Have you already purchased the base and rings, or do you need help picking them out? I would be more than happy to help shed any light on the subject.

Have you already purchased the base and rings, or do you need help picking them out? I would be more than happy to help shed any light on the subject.

I haven't purchased them yet. I was going to order badger ordinance rings and base, but I'm not sure if I want or need to spend that much. I was looking into the TPS stuff, looks pretty good. I'm definitely going to go with a 20 MOA base.

Egw base and burris xtr rings for budget, seekins base and vortex rings for better quality.