• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Strike Eagle 4-24x50mm

BlaserShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2018
This scope is raising some red flags for me. A gentleman wants this scope on his rifle because of all the options for the price ($499). I suggested the HS-T 6-24x50 ($640) because it has been proven for the price. The reason the Strike Eagle is raising red flags for me is 1. There are no reveiws on it, 2. Its illuminated, 3. It has 15 more MOA of adjustment (80), 4. It has a larger power range, 5. Its $140 cheaper than the HS-T. I know the Viper series has better glass than the Stike Eagle. Am I concerned over nothing? Please let me know what you guys think.

Reactions: [email protected]
There's no reviews because it's brand new. Where are you seeing it for sale?

FAIL on Vortex's part IMO...they came out with something at an Athlon price point but failed to offer it in MRAD.

Yeah that was my thought. I can hope they'll come to after they've been on the market a bit and offer them in mil. Felt the same way about the Bushnell Engage, but I like the Vortex reticle way better.

Has anyone gotten to use one of these yet? How does the glass compare to the HS line?

The HS-T line is a bit dated to be comparing price-wise to a new release. HS-T was good when it was released, but would not necessarily score as a decent value in 2018. The strike eagle 4-24 might very well be better and cheaper.

I would not put one on ANY gun that I EVER expected to use for “real”. It is, at best, a very casual, plonked scope. I’m basing this off of the Vortex models in that lower end price point I have seen and dealt with. I say it often: Vortex should be two companies. The Razor line-up, and everything else. The Razor products have been awesome for me, and buddies I shoot with. The Strike Buzzard (Eagle) is the scope I have personally seen fail at a disturbing rate. I have seen 4-5 go down in classes. Everything from reticle tilting, to won’t hold zero. Had a guy shoot his rifle, get zeroed. We went to lunch, came back......zero wasn’t close. Reticle had come loose, and was moving.
If it says Vortex, it better say Razor on it......for me.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Waiting for it anytime now. I hear VegasHK's concerns about the Vortex line but I am getting this for a nice 22LR rimfire that might occasionally go beyond 100-150 yards but will be used chiefly at 25-75 yards. This 4-24x50 is a good pound lighter than its more expensive brethren, focuses down to 20 yards (a big factor) and has a nice reticle that won't cover up small targets. That it is illuminated is a plus. I don't want to put a heavy Razor or a Gen II on a rimfire and no other Vortex scope offers short parallax outside of the Crossfire II line.

BTW, paid $499.99 for it so it's not that cheap. Probably won't drop below $449 for a good while. And if it does what I hope, I just might add the 3-18x44 to another rimfire.

Well, fellas, we might have a problem. This looks like a damn fine scope for $500. Just got it in today. Next week it will go on a Sako Quad Varmint 22LR. I’ll try to give a range report later next week.

But out of the box? Nice indeed. First impression is that it is the reincarnation of the popular first generation Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 complete with an illuminated reticle that mimics the Gen II. Reticle is better than the earlier PST.

Improved with 6x zoom range of 4-24 but even still has the too tight zoom ring. Rimfire shooters will love its 20-yard parallax side focus. 30mm tube claims 80 MOA elevation.

Was surprised by the heft. Weighs more than I expected. Nice Vortex craftsmanship and great warranty.

I’d put this up against all pre-PST scopes —the HS, HSTs, etc. Niw hoe it will hold up to hard handling? I will never know because it will be a rimfire target shooter. Indeed this could be a new mid price winner in the rimfire market, or maybe .223 bench and varminters.

Reactions: mike06
Want to add that it looked bright enough at dusk but can’t say how good all the optics will perform. Eyebox at 4x is nice, gets wobbly at 24x. Even though some will be disappointed by no FFP yet, this SFP reticle is fine and wide and uncramped.

Cons: eye box shaky, hard to set focus, no distance marks on parallax ring, optics not as sharp as models above it, very slight color aberration at higher levels of magnification.

Lower magnifications 4x-10x are excellent. Falls off sharply above. 3x-18x version of this scope might be better deal and choice.

Nice scope for casual shooting, plinking and non-critical AR shooting. Fine target shooting might be a reach.

Does anyone have any more updates since buying one of these scopes? I'm new to the game and don't plan to shoot competition but want a decent scope.

Does anyone have any more updates since buying one of these scopes? I'm new to the game and don't plan to shoot competition but want a decent scope.
I have 3 of the Strike Eagle 3-18x for my rimfires. You won’t find better glass at the price you can find them for.

That said, I don’t know how durable I would expect it to be...Vortex has a good warranty, but in my experience, they need it.