• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Vudoo .22 purchase

Dil pickle

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2023
Illinois
Looking to buy a new one, is there a best place to buy them, or is it a level field on pricing? Looks like MH and Euro have some in stock. Wanting a 20” or 22” barreled action, going with an AI or Cadex chassis.
Tried finding used, but haven’t had much luck.
Thanks

I got my barreled action directly from Vudoo. Bargains are hard to find, and I wanted new, built to my specs so I ordered directly from Vudoo. Speak with Joanne and she will help you out. Great people over there.
I spoke with them last week, great people answered all the absurd questions I had. I haven’t shot a 22 in years and the rifle was probably twice my age. I don’t know much about them other than the Vudoo seems like a really well built unit.
Thanks for the reply.

If MH or EO has exactly what you're looking for in stock, go for it. If what you want is even a little bit different have VGW build one to what you really want. The wait time is worth it; rather than "but I can get this one right now"...then a few months down the road you decide I wish it had this or that, and you would have this and that in hand.

The wait time is worth it; rather than "but I can get this one right now"...then a few months down the road you decide I wish it had this or that, and you would have this and that in hand.
^^^ This right here. Truth.

But there's also a caveat: as you learn, you may change your mind - what is truly "perfect" today may evolve to something else tomorrow or next year or whenever.

Beauty of a Vudoo is that it can be pretty much anything you want a bolt-action repeater to be. Mine is four years old; I ordered exactly what I wanted. It has served me extremely well and is still my go-to match rifle. If I could do one thing over again, I'd go with a 22" MTU or similar contour barrel instead of 20" Kukri contour. My taste in chassis has changed a little bit; I now have three rifles in MDT ACC chassis while the Vudoo lives on in its MPA BA Comp.

Why don't I change the chassis? Because I still like the Vudoo as-is. I have a RimX in an ACC with the 22" heavy-contour barrel. Choosing between them depends on the match; the Vudoo is a proven performer while the RimX is new and has yet to see its first match (which is planned to be a gallery-style competition shot off a bench; the Vudoo has already done two NRL22 matches this year).

Enjoy the ride. Probably best not to rush into it.

Area 419 also has them and I believe offers 2 mags for the same total price as MH for a barreled action who only includes 1. Also A419 had a sale 4th of July last year that applies to the Vudoo.

Reactions: Coors Man 264
^^^ This right here. Truth.

But there's also a caveat: as you learn, you may change your mind - what is truly "perfect" today may evolve to something else tomorrow or next year or whenever.

Beauty of a Vudoo is that it can be pretty much anything you want a bolt-action repeater to be. Mine is four years old; I ordered exactly what I wanted. It has served me extremely well and is still my go-to match rifle. If I could do one thing over again, I'd go with a 22" MTU or similar contour barrel instead of 20" Kukri contour. My taste in chassis has changed a little bit; I now have three rifles in MDT ACC chassis while the Vudoo lives on in its MPA BA Comp.

Why don't I change the chassis? Because I still like the Vudoo as-is. I have a RimX in an ACC with the 22" heavy-contour barrel. Choosing between them depends on the match; the Vudoo is a proven performer while the RimX is new and has yet to see its first match (which is planned to be a gallery-style competition shot off a bench; the Vudoo has already done two NRL22 matches this year).

Enjoy the ride. Probably best not to rush into it.
Out of curiosity, how is the balance on the MPA vs ACC? I run a Vudoo 22" MTU in a MPA Matrix Pro but have thought about going to the ACC for better balance.

Matrix Pro take a lot more weight up front because of the heavy buttstock. That's where the BA Comp has the advantage with the more "minimal" buttstock.

Which ACC are you guys running? the Premier or the Elite?

I have both ACC and both balanced fine with 20" MTU since it has the longer forend. 22" MTU will probably be even easier.

For the Premier, you can get an aluminum buttpad piece from MDT (will need to contact their CS to place the order) save you about 10 oz on the buttpad and a pair less weights in the front.

1682966965855.png

Just curious can you actually balance the 22" MTU in MPA matrix pro using grey ops weights?

I have both ACC and both balanced fine with 20" MTU since it has the longer forend. 22" MTU will probably be even easier.

For the Premier, you can get an aluminum buttpad piece from MDT (will need to contact their CS to place the order) save you about 10 oz on the buttpad and can remove a pair less weights in the front.

View attachment 8132322

Just curious can you actually balance the 22" MTU in MPA matrix pro using grey ops weights?
I have not tried but me hanging some fishing weights to see what I had to work with did not look promising unless you stick them off the bipod legs out in front of the barrel. I hated to buy a grey ops weight set if it the outcome does not look promising. I have a 6.5 mpa with a 26" barrel that I did try in the matrix and it balanced with no weight (but there was no scope on the barreled action so that might change it a little). My gut says try out the ACC or was also thinking about the KRG. I could use the Matrix on my 6.5 or sell it I suspect without much trouble.

Yea my local md has the matrix pro with 20" MTU, could never get it balance even with the ckye-pod. I have been wanted to try the XLR Envy Pro. Saw few posts and local guy run it with 20" MTU, it will be the lightest build I see so far compare to MPA, MDT, and MCS.

But back to OP question, I got my Vudoo 20" MTU from MH no issue, but I ended up getting an 22" bull later on. So like others recommended if they have what you are looking for in stock, go for it. Otherwise the just wait for the custom build.

Rebarrel is also an option later on down the road.

I no longer own a Vudoo, but if I was in the market for one, I'd go with DI Precision in TX.

Reactions: 10ring1
Area 419 also has them and I believe offers 2 mags for the same total price as MH for a barreled action who only includes 1. Also A419 had a sale 4th of July last year that applies to the Vudoo.
Just purchased mine from Area 419 on "Area 419 Day", April 19th. 10% off.

Correct, i run matrix pro with full weight kit and it's barely balances, much better with double pull ckye pod. We don't run 24-26" bull center fire barrels so need to add weight, which increases the overall rifle weight.
IMG_20201220_162233_760.jpg

For those that want XLR ENVY PRO - go for it. Not the prettiest chassis but the balance is on point with some weights.

20230208_132109.jpg

Reactions: bnaples
Give DI Precision a call and get a barreled action with the 1/13 twist Mullerworks barrel. Mine shoots incredibly well. View attachment 8134664

That tuner work? Probably getting one on the new barrel Vudoo is putting on my Gen 1. Buying a 1.2" straight Bartlein and not sure if the tuner will effect it enough to make it worth it. Some say yes and some say no so clear as mud. LOL

Call Vudoo and build it exactly how you want. It takes a little time, but it's worth the wait. I should see my new BA in the next week or so and am super excited. It'll be a 24" straight cylinder Bartlein within an ACC Elite chassis.