• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes New Weaver tactical 3-15x50

Re: New Weaver tactical 3-15x50

I'm curious if anyone else has had focus issues or was that a one-off problem? I'm kicking around trying one of these out, and this is a lot of money for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious if anyone else has had focus issues or was that a one-off problem? I'm kicking around trying one of these out, and this is a lot of money for me. </div></div>

I'd be willing to bet that I just happened to be the lucky one and received a bad scope. Happens to every scope maker. I'd still recommend the scope. I didn't go with a replacement because of the new SS, was just too good of a deal to pass up.

Flyingbullseye

I've noticed on my 3-15 that the focus adjust doesn't do anything at 3x as all distances are in focus. At 15x, it behaves as expected. I would buy another except for the fact I'm on the waiting list for an SS5-20.

Just got it in today - I'm impressed. Turrets are nicer than I thought they would be. I like the reticle, the eye relief, the illumination range, and it feels like it's built like a tank. I'm taking it to work and comparing it side by side with the Mk4 M5 and M1 to see how it stacks up. Doing some looking around the neighboring fields, everything looks great focus-wise. Got the reticle crisp, and as far as I can see the parallax adjustment seems spot on for my eyes at all powers.

I do wish it had come with some sort of scope caps, but that's easy enough to order. It's going to replace a Luppy 3.5-10x40, so I will have a Luppy Mk4 M5 and this on my primary and backup rifles. I guess I'm going all mil-mil now. I have high hopes for this scope.

Sweet I just scored a slightly used one for 500.00 sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Finally, after 3 months, we have gotten notice that these are going to be arriving to us soon. It looks like 7-10 pieces. I do like these scopes alot and when they do arrive we'll post 'em up

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ls1mtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How clear is the glass on 15x? I have heard recent posts of the reticle being blurry and unable to come into focus at 15x? Also, how easy are the half mil lines to see? Sorry for all the questions just trying to decide if I should grab this scope or bit the bullet and spend the extra for a SS 5-20x but it's a lot more $$$!</div></div>

I've had both (not at the same time) and have compared them both to a Sightron SIII 6-24X50 as a baseline. At 15X, the Sightron beat out the Weaver in every catagory. In broad daylight, the difference was negligible. At low light, the difference was apparent. At 20X the Sightron and Super Sniper were neck and neck with the Sightron barely edging out in very low light.

That's not to say the Weaver glass is bad, just saying its not quite up to the Super Sniper. Save if you can.

As far as other features go, I was very impressed with the Weaver. I felt it could take more punishment than the Super Sniper and I like the parallax adjustment better.

We have a few of the Weaver Tactical scopes in stock but they are not on the website yet.

I like the way the tube feels and the glass seems nice for the price. I do not like the MIL RET with 1/4moa turrets as for their locking turret I'm undecided at this time.

I have one mounted up for me to play with. We will see how it goes.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not like the MIL RET with 1/4moa turrets</div></div>

???

Must be a different version than the mil/mil one being discussed in this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not like the MIL RET with 1/4moa turrets</div></div>

???

Must be a different version than the mil/mil one being discussed in this thread. </div></div>

You are correct. Throughout this post all types of scope have been talked about even the 1-5x Weaver. That is why I’m talking about the 6-20x50mm with Mil-Dot and 1/4moa turrets. I thought about keeping one of the MIL on MIL scopes for myself but they are hard to get at this time so I went with the 4-20x50mm. I just want to test one out so I can get a feel for them. I do not plan on keeping it.

Mike @ CST

Please help!! I was just about to go with the weaver 3-15x50 Tatical I love the reviews but I came across a few more Peso's so i opend up the search and found the Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical. What I am looking for in a scope is mil/mil, ffp, and lluminated ret. I also want good glass. I am willing to pay more for a better scope but not if the glass sucks. can any one help???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaycar85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please help!! I was just about to go with the weaver 3-15x50 Tatical I love the reviews but I came across a few more Peso's so i opend up the search and found the Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical. What I am looking for in a scope is mil/mil, ffp, and lluminated ret. I also want good glass. I am willing to pay more for a better scope but not if the glass sucks. can any one help??? </div></div>
Also the Vortex PST Is it junk or is it the best out ther (for the price)

No one here is going to make the decision for you.
Start flippin a coin. All 3 you list good to go. Up to you on the magnification you like.
The PST and Bushnell come with sunshades if that helps; then the Weaver can be had for 700 + ship with a $50 off $500 midway coupon.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaycar85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaycar85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please help!! I was just about to go with the weaver 3-15x50 Tatical I love the reviews but I came across a few more Peso's so i opend up the search and found the Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical. What I am looking for in a scope is mil/mil, ffp, and lluminated ret. I also want good glass. I am willing to pay more for a better scope but not if the glass sucks. can any one help??? </div></div>
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one here is going to make the decision for you.
Start flippin a coin. All 3 you list good to go. Up to you on the magnification you like.
The PST and Bushnell come with sunshades if that helps; then the Weaver can be had for 700 + ship with a $50 off $500 midway coupon.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaycar85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaycar85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please help!! I was just about to go with the weaver 3-15x50 Tatical I love the reviews but I came across a few more Peso's so i opend up the search and found the Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical. What I am looking for in a scope is mil/mil, ffp, and lluminated ret. I also want good glass. I am willing to pay more for a better scope but not if the glass sucks. can any one help??? </div></div>
</div></div> </div></div>

Exactly. Asking which is the best is pretty pointless, because you'll get different answers from different people. And also, (obviously) everyone will say that the scope they own is the best. Pick which on you think will work best for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....I thought about keeping one of the MIL on MIL scopes for myself but they are hard to get at this time so I went with the 4-20x50mm. I just want to test one out so I can get a feel for them. I do not plan on keeping it.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Mike were you talking about wanting a model 800363 mil/mil? If so I will trade you one towards a PR tight tactical!

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Overflow10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mike were you talking about wanting a model 800363 mil/mil? If so I will trade you one towards a PR tight tactical!

Steve </div></div>

Hi Steve,
We have the Weaver 800363 in stock.

If you would like to trade yours in we can do that for you.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....we have the Weaver 800363 in stock.

If you would like to trade yours in we can do that for you.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Thanks Mike. I am trying to sell this one first but I will be contacting you about another scope or two soon.

Steve

Midway has the Weaver 3-15 in stock for $750, plus with my birthday coupon I can get it for $675. I think you can get it for $700 with the monthly coupon code at Midway.

Say what? you get a discount from midway on ur bday? also wer do u find the disc. codes??

You get the discount codes via email, or they are posted in the "Equipment Section". I just mounted my 3-15x about 30mins ago on my AR10 (until my second SS 5-20 arrives). $50 with the midway coupon.. $708 to my door. It is a beast.. heavy and glas is very clear (note this is just from looking down the street with it). I'll get some loads done tonight/tomorrow and try to get out to the range this weekend or early next week for a test drive.

Hawk45 what rings did u use? and did u "lap" them? the more resrch i do the more crap i haft to do to prep lol im scared....its my "first" build. any advice
out ther??

i think i landed on Burris AR-P.E.P.R. 1-Piece rings they get good reviews and the price is on par. any comnts or concerns on those rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaycar85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think i landed on Burris AR-P.E.P.R. 1-Piece rings they get good reviews and the price is on par. any comnts or concerns on those rings? </div></div>

For the price the P.E.P.R. are nice. We have them also in stock.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaycar85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hawk45 what rings did u use? and did u "lap" them? the more resrch i do the more crap i haft to do to prep lol im scared....its my "first" build. any advice
out ther??</div></div>
I have in a PEPR mount right now and is a tad high but not bad. TPS low rings were too low. May go to a Lauru quick detach or get the USO 22 MOA mount and use the TPS rings. But yes, always lap your rings. Get the
30mm lap kit from Sinclair International.

One more thing, questions are nice, but reading is better. Don't be in a rush and do your reading research. If you are thinking it, its been asked.

Good luck in your build.

Midway has them for $750 ,SWFA has them for $649 . They're 6 oz heavier then my Elite 6500 2.5x16x50MM. So tactical means heavier cause built tougher. Oh I just noticed SWFA is non Illuminated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway has them for $750 ,SWFA has them for $649 . They're 6 oz heavier then my Elite 6500 2.5x16x50MM. So tactical means heavier cause built tougher. </div></div>

The model at SWFA that is $649 is the standard mildot reticle and 1/4 MOA turrets. The EMDR with 1/10 mil turrets is $739.

I've had this scope mounted up for about a week and really enjoy it. It's my first real precision optic. It tracks nicely and passed the box test. The clarity of the glass blew me away, from 3x to 15x. Parallax adjustment works fine.

Overall, I'm happy so far. Time, and rounds down range, will tell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway has the Weaver 3-15 in stock for $750, plus with my birthday coupon I can get it for $675. I think you can get it for $700 with the monthly coupon code at Midway. </div></div>
How do you get the monthly code ?

Hey guys, I'm putting together my first build. Im trying to find the height from the top of the turret of a Weaver 3-15X50 to the bottom of the base mounted on Medium rings. I know rings differ, I'm just trying to get a ballpark measurement so I can place an order for Grand River Tactical's AICS drag bag. If anyone has a 2.0 folder and has the measurement from the top turrent to the bottom of the handle, I would be very appreciative. I can not find the dimensions anywhere.

IRON WORKER: try "581175" Should be $50 off of $500. Found it @ retailmenot.com

I know this is the 3-15x50 thread but I figured I would upload some pictures of the Weaver 4-20x50 on my FNH FNAR with a 4" sunshade that I painted to match.

I bought this scope from SWFA about 6 months ago. From the very beginning I was shocked at the quality of glass and construction, especially at this price point. At the time I believe I paid $709 for it. I have looked through some high end scopes: Premier, Schmidt & Bender, USO, NF, IOR, Leupold and many others. I am not going to say which glass mine compares to because that might start a fight.
wink.gif
But I will say that for the money you will be hard pressed to find a brighter, and more clear optic.

This scope has 500 rounds on it and has always held zero. I have walked the FNAR out to 800 yards establishing zeros in 100 yard increments from 100-800. The repeatability of my scope has been spot on. I know that ATK will tell you that this model has 55 moa of internal elevation but mine has 62. Most people that I have talked to that own this same model have all had at least 59 moa.

My FNAR and Weaver combo consistently yield 3-5 shot groups like the one pictured below. Please forgive the breakaway shot. That is not part of the group but a previous shot from when I was adjusting for the 10 mph cross wind. This was done at 100 yards off the bipod with no bags and the best part is that my fiance shot the group
shocked.gif

Nothing better than a girl that can shoot.

I am considering trading it in for a 3-15 mil/mil model but I would really prefer if ATK would make the 4-20 with mil/mil or moa/moa.

Anyway here are some pics. Thanks for the great thread.
~Justin

IMG_2532.jpg
IMG_2535.jpg
IMG_2540.jpg
IMG_2495.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Justin Cutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am considering trading it in for a 3-15 mil/mil model but I would really prefer if ATK would make the 4-20 with mil/mil or moa/moa.</div></div>

Flood them with emails, so they don't think I'm the only guy out there who thinks this. If Weaver made the 4-20 in mil/mil with the EMDR, I know quite a few people that would buy them TODAY. I'm fairly confident they would lock up the lion's share of the mid-priced tactical scope market with such an offering.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Justin Cutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am considering trading it in for a 3-15 mil/mil model but I would really prefer if ATK would make the 4-20 with mil/mil or moa/moa.</div></div>

Flood them with emails, so they don't think I'm the only guy out there who thinks this. If Weaver made the 4-20 in mil/mil with the EMDR, I know quite a few people that would buy them TODAY. I'm fairly confident they would lock up the lion's share of the mid-priced tactical scope market with such an offering.

John </div></div>

+1. I still miss the 3-15 mil/mil scope I had before I sent it back. I would have taken a replacement for it had swfa not come out with their new 5-20 model. I sent them a long 2 page review on the scope not too long after I bought it and ended it saying the same thing jrob just wrote. If they made a 4-20 mil/mil model I'd jump on it no questions asked. The only real drawback I can think of is a slight improvement to the reticle, make the half mil dots a solid line so its easier to see. Everything else about the reticle I loved. Adding to that the large amount of travel the 3-15 had (31.2 mils) and built very tough its a great scope. Worth the money.

Flyingbullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

John</div></div>

No worries I have expressed my desire to have this as well! I hope they listen.
~Justin

One other thing we need to communicate to them about the 4-20... more elevation! If SWFA and NF can get 30 mil from a 30mm tube, there's no reason Weaver can't.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One other thing we need to communicate to them about the 4-20... more elevation! If SWFA and NF can get 30 mil from a 30mm tube, there's no reason Weaver can't.</div></div>

I'm sure Weaver can get 30mil...the question is can they get it and maintain their price point (well below NightForce and SWFA 5-20) in the marketplace.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One other thing we need to communicate to them about the 4-20... more elevation! If SWFA and NF can get 30 mil from a 30mm tube, there's no reason Weaver can't.</div></div>

I'm sure Weaver can get 30mil...the question is can they get it and maintain their price point (well below NightForce and SWFA 5-20) in the marketplace. </div></div>

Don't forget that when they redesigned the 1/4 moa/mildot version of the 3-15 into the EMDR they found approx. 40% travel lurking around in that 30mm tube and the street price went up about $100. I'm confident they can do something better, they just need to know there is a need.

John

They might not get 30 mils for the 4-20 model but based off the new 3-15 (31.2 mils) I'm sure they can get close, probably around 26-28. I'd still take that. Justin, did you get a response back yet? If so did it say something along the lines of "thank you for your feedback and we will be sending this off to the engineers" or something similar? Wish they would listen or at least much like Bushnell have a rep on this board.

Flyingbullseye

Flyingbullseye, I have not received a response yet but I plan on trying again soon. The last time I sent feedback was back when I first purchased the scope so it has been a while. I agree that elevation is also something I would really appreciate having more of.

I am probably alone on this but I would also like to see a 56mm objective made available for the 4-20 version.

I really think this scope has the potential for being the best bang for your buck scope ever made providing that ATK listens to there buyers. I feel like this is the new equivalent of the old XOTIC Scopes. Great build quality, good glass, and solid features.

I am currently maxed at about 860 yards with my FNAR. The 20" barrel is really hurting me at these ranges. I would however like to transfer the scope or buy another weaver for my current 7mm WSM build. Hoping for a 1600-2000 yard stick exclusively shooting the 180 grain Bergers.

I really hope the price point can stay reasonable. Its one of those things where if the price is sub $1000 for a good quality scope I will jump on it. If the price climes I would rather just spend the money on a new IOR or maybe even a Premier.
~Justin

Ok I just ordered mine from Midway $770.00 shipped.Its going on my RRAs coyote. Sept 1st is when Coyotes are kicked out of their dens. I'll try my best to interview a coyote for his views on this tactical scope.

Iron Worker, Did you get the 3-15 or the 4-20?

If you got the 3-15, Liberty Optics had it for a better price. $759 FYI
smile.gif

Good luck with the Coyote Interview!
~Justin

Just a heads up, if anyone was looking for the 3-15 with standard mildot reticle (non-illuminated) and 1/4 moa turrets, Midaway has them on clearance currently for $600.