• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New world distance record with a PCP air rifle!

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
Watch the whole video, especially at the end when it shows what looks like very small vertical. """Specs state .44 fps ES for 25 shots!!!"""

My dad has gotten big into air rifles and over the Christmas break I got to shoot some FX air rifles..... I didn't realize how accurate they could be (only out to 100 yards due to indoor range limitations). I can totally see the addictiveness to shooting air rifles. It was super fun and his air rifle shot like my accurate 22s. Don't know if I will ever drop the coin on one but it was super fun.

Reactions: kthomas
That's a pretty damn crazy distance with a .22 airgun! I thought I was doing good by shooting my PCP .22 airgun at 272 yards...

Reactions: BlastersAreCool
Now we need to try the 22 LR World Record!

Now we need to try the 22 LR World Record!

With 30 fps ES of the best 22rf ammo, compared to his .44 ES, and using those high BC swaged bullets, it'd be way more lucky to hit that same target, just sayin.

But still fun to see. Sheesh I had like 3 foot vertical with good 22 ammo at 675Y.

congrats to whom ever made that air gun and the guy who shot it . The 9 year old in me is way jealous my pump daisy would never do that and the airforce texan I want is still to far out of reach .

With 30 fps ES of the best 22rf ammo, compared to his .44 ES, and using those high BC swaged bullets, it'd be way more lucky to hit that same target, just sayin.

But still fun to see. Sheesh I had like 3 foot vertical with good 22 ammo at 675Y.
IDK I have not shot 22 LR in at least 25 years. Thats like minute of buffalo at that distance....just use a bigger target lol. Would be a cheap experiment tho?

My dad has gotten big into air rifles and over the Christmas break I got to shoot some FX air rifles..... I didn't realize how accurate they could be (only out to 100 yards due to indoor range limitations). I can totally see the addictiveness to shooting air rifles. It was super fun and his air rifle shot like my accurate 22s. Don't know if I will ever drop the coin on one but it was super fun.

Most haven't got the foggiest idea! I cleaned the 25Y stage from last months NRL22 match with my FX Impact 25 cal. Same stage I missed two with my Anschutz 22rf. On the 75Y ladder stage I got 9/10 with the air rifle but I shot off a bucket instead.

Fantastic for backyard fun because most PCP's come with what's called a LDC or Moderator, which is basically a suppressor of sorts. Super low noise and at low power levels are "relatively safe" in neighborhoods with a good backstop.

99% of PCP air rifles are still built somewhat fragile but I think that will start to change in the next few years.

With """pellets""" the best air rifles can exceed 22rf at 10Y, be as accurate as 22rf at 25Y, not quite as well at 50Y, but wind is a becoming a big problem by then. At 100Y PCP's don't stand a chance.

But I was astounded how well an American Air Arms EVOL in 30 cal did at 300Y on a 7" diamond steel. Had to aim 3-4 mils into the wind but I hit it a lot, which I was not expecting at all. This was with 44gr pellets at 908 fps.

Anyway they are a lot of fun!

Most haven't got the foggiest idea! I cleaned the 25Y stage from last months NRL22 match with my FX Impact 25 cal. Same stage I missed two with my Anschutz 22rf. On the 75Y ladder stage I got 9/10 with the air rifle but I shot off a bucket instead.

Fantastic for backyard fun because most PCP's come with what's called a LDC or Moderator, which is basically a suppressor of sorts. Super low noise and at low power levels are "relatively safe" in neighborhoods with a good backstop.

99% of PCP air rifles are still built somewhat fragile but I think that will start to change in the next few years.

With """pellets""" the best air rifles can exceed 22rf at 10Y, be as accurate as 22rf at 25Y, not quite as well at 50Y, but wind is a becoming a big problem by then. At 100Y PCP's don't stand a chance.

But I was astounded how well an American Air Arms EVOL in 30 cal did at 300Y on a 7" diamond steel. Had to aim 3-4 mils into the wind but I hit it a lot, which I was not expecting at all. This was with 44gr pellets at 908 fps.

Anyway they are a lot of fun!

That’s the truth.

A local range has a dedicated Air rifle range and they have a KYL set up alone with other stuff and the 1/4” Target was stupid easy to hit at 20 yards.

I have a Diana RWS 34 .22 cal rifle and it’s super hold sensitive and I gave up On air guns when I bought it and tried shooting it at 25 yards and it struggled compared to any of my 22lr’s. The FX air guns are amazing and at 25 yards were insane groups. Maybe I just had low expectations but man was it fun.

I like my fx but i believe the wind affects it even more than it does my 22lr and the 22 doesn’t have leaking orings.

Reactions: Frankr
that's pretty cool maybe one day they will build one with a box fed mag , but that was a great shot at 1400 yards to have the chance to see an air rifle make that . I sure could not see my old 30.00 dollar daisy 10 pump bb gun being able to do that . congrats to the shooter and the gun maker

That’s the truth.

A local range has a dedicated Air rifle range and they have a KYL set up alone with other stuff and the 1/4” Target was stupid easy to hit at 20 yards.

I have a Diana RWS 34 .22 cal rifle and it’s super hold sensitive and I gave up On air guns when I bought it and tried shooting it at 25 yards and it struggled compared to any of my 22lr’s. The FX air guns are amazing and at 25 yards were insane groups. Maybe I just had low expectations but man was it fun.
Frank, if you find a Recoilles air arms tx200 springer, grab it ! Does away with the downsides you mention

Reactions: Frankr
Off to google that

I did get a hatsan flashpup and at 35 yards it’s pretty dang accurate with JSbs
TX200 SR loves the 7.9 cross mans in the pasteboard box. Most are just under 12 ft/lbs Take crows to 60 yds. Bounce off at 80. Mine chrono 805 fps with es of zero. Will look at that Hassan. Can’t have too many.

TX200 SR loves the 7.9 cross mans in the pasteboard box. Most are just under 12 ft/lbs Take crows to 60 yds. Bounce off at 80. Mine chrono 805 fps with es of zero. Will look at that Hassan. Can’t have too many.

If you do get it look at brownells (I think), it was 100-150 bucks cheaper than anywhere else. I think it was 300-330

Reactions: Seymour Fish
I recently bought a 22lr for NRL22 and in the research process I was surprised to learn that expecting sub moa at 50yds isn't as easy I as thought, especially without using premium ammo. My FX Streamline at 50yds will do this all day long with $10/250 pellets. Like many have stated, it is hard to convey to those that haven't shot a quality air rifle how nice they are. And for reasons that are unclear to me, the run of the mill walnut on a $500+ class air rifle puts most powder burners to shame. My only gripe is that air tanks are expensive.

I recently bought a 22lr for NRL22 and in the research process I was surprised to learn that expecting sub moa at 50yds isn't as easy I as thought, especially without using premium ammo. My FX Streamline at 50yds will do this all day long with $10/250 pellets. Like many have stated, it is hard to convey to those that haven't shot a quality air rifle how nice they are. And for reasons that are unclear to me, the run of the mill walnut on a $500+ class air rifle puts most powder burners to shame. My only gripe is that air tanks are expensive.

Cheap 22 ammo needs to be compared to cheap pellets if you want to be apples to apples.

Though if there's much wind the poor PCP using pellets doesn't stand a chance against the 22rf at 50Y since there's 2-3 times the wind drift and getting much harder to connect as distance stretches. At 25Y it's a slightly different story, the 22rf won't have hardly any advantage.

I'm involved currently with some of the best shooters in the nation and have shot their $3000-ish custom air rifles so I know full well what these will do compared to my expensive 22rf with expensive match ammo and from what I've seen for years here on the Hide with events like the 6x5. Almost but not quite there for the PCP's. I shot the smallest group I've shot with one of these PCP rifles a month ago at 50Y, it was in the .0's at 50Y but that was the only one ever.

I already know that when I tried my 25 cal FX Impact using 34gr JSB's that at 100Y it got a bit stupid trying to hit the NRL22 steel because of how much a pellet blows in the wind! I gave that idea up since it was too hard competing against my 22rf. Well and I already know that with weighed pellets my rifle groups 2" at 100Y in clam conditions and my 22rf groups .85" so there's that aspect.

PCP's with slugs/cast or swaged bullets/, are at their infancy as far as precision and when the other manufacturers get this dialed in, the gap will be closed a bit, maybe even exceeded at some point in the future like shown in the video. Altaros isn't available yet so it'll be interesting to see if the claims are real.

Cheap 22 ammo needs to be compared to cheap pellets if you want to be apples to apples.

Though if there's much wind the poor PCP using pellets doesn't stand a chance against the 22rf at 50Y since there's 2-3 times the wind drift and getting much harder to connect as distance stretches. At 25Y it's a slightly different story, the 22rf won't have hardly any advantage.

I'm involved currently with some of the best shooters in the nation and have shot their $3000-ish custom air rifles so I know full well what these will do compared to my expensive 22rf with expensive match ammo and from what I've seen for years here on the Hide with events like the 6x5. Almost but not quite there for the PCP's. I shot the smallest group I've shot with one of these PCP rifles a month ago at 50Y, it was in the .0's at 50Y but that was the only one ever.

I already know that when I tried my 25 cal FX Impact using 34gr JSB's that at 100Y it got a bit stupid trying to hit the NRL22 steel because of how much a pellet blows in the wind! I gave that idea up since it was too hard competing against my 22rf. Well and I already know that with weighed pellets my rifle groups 2" at 100Y in clam conditions and my 22rf groups .85" so there's that aspect.

PCP's with slugs/cast or swaged bullets/, are at their infancy as far as precision and when the other manufacturers get this dialed in, the gap will be closed a bit, maybe even exceeded at some point in the future like shown in the video. Altaros isn't available yet so it'll be interesting to see if the claims are real.
Yep, a pellet is a pellet on b.c. FX is progressing with smooth/ rifled bores for slugs. Form looks G-1, cast. Seem to whack invasive monkeys OSOK in SA.

I hope I didn't give anyone the impression that pellets were superior to 22lr. Like you said, any wind and all bets are off.

I am keeping an eye on the slugs. Unfortunately, I don't think my streamline is so easy to swap in a slug barrel. However, I wonder if the FX hybrids will bring much of a wind bucking advantage over pellets. On paper probably, in practice will it be enough to matter?