• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Xray 51 for my birthday!

ptktci

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
Recently got my Xray 51 from Mike. After reading all of the crap that flew around aways back about accuracy I was obviously anxious to get this thing to the range and let it speak for itself.

I just returned from the range tonight working on getting the rifle used to my shooting style and vise versa. The last group of my handloads I shot was .034 MOA and no that is not a typo ( the test target Mike sent me was .011 ES). I have shot some pretty good groups with other rifles I own but I have never seen anything as consistently accurate as this rifle. Getting used to this rifle (moving scope,playing with cheek weld etc) I was averaging .35 moa. Once I got the setup dialed in the results were unreal.

Everything Mike told me about this rifle is true. The craftsmenship is perfect... I cannot think of another word that describes it. The accuracy speaks for itself. Everything Mike does is done to perfection.......even the drag bag that I got with this rifle is the best I have ever seen. No matter what the lead time this rifle is worth the wait.

The truly interesting thing about shooting this rifle is that it eliminates all your excuses for bad groups. If you get a flyer you screwed up. Period. It really makes me a far better shooter as I work on my technique to squeeze the most from the platform and stop blaming the rifle when I do something wrong.

The only issue I have now is finding the money to buy one in 300 Win.

Recently got my Xray 51 from Mike. After reading all of the crap that flew around aways back about accuracy I was obviously anxious to get this thing to the range and let it speak for itself.

I just returned from the range tonight working on getting the rifle used to my shooting style and vise versa. The last group of my handloads I shot was .034 MOA and no that is not a typo ( the test target Mike sent me was .011 ES). I have shot some pretty good groups with other rifles I own but I have never seen anything as consistently accurate as this rifle. Getting used to this rifle (moving scope,playing with cheek weld etc) I was averaging .35 moa. Once I got the setup dialed in the results were unreal.

Everything Mike told me about this rifle is true. The craftsmenship is perfect... I cannot think of another word that describes it. The accuracy speaks for itself. Everything Mike does is done to perfection.......even the drag bag that I got with this rifle is the best I have ever seen. No matter what the lead time this rifle is worth the wait.

The truly interesting thing about shooting this rifle is that it eliminates all your excuses for bad groups. If you get a flyer you screwed up. Period. It really makes me a far better shooter as I work on my technique to squeeze the most from the platform and stop blaming the rifle when I do something wrong.

Pete thank you for the kind words it was a pleasure to build your X-Ray 51 and by the way Happy Birthday. It's nice to know that when you retire you can come out to Beverly Hills and Cert. all the rifles for me ;) I can see you can shoot and shoot very well I might add :) It would be nice to see some pics as I am sure the gents here on the HIDE are going to be demanding pics soon LOL. Remember you have a lifetime warranty other then barrel life so call me for anything...

BTW. I'm ordering your X-Ray 66 ( 300 WM ) stock in a few days from McMillan ;)

Mike
Tac Ops

Man, I still am blown away at how precise these rifles are. Congrats, and happy birthday, nothing like a good range day to top it off. I need to find a way to scheme one of these as a graduation present, and UCLA is just so close...

Did I miss the pictures of the rifle and the group? You know the deal - without pictures this thread is worthless.

mike said it PICS OR BE BANNED!!!! ok maybe not banned but we'll make fun of you

Let's see that sweet X-Ray...

Happy Birthday to you and congratulations on getting your X-Ray 51. I’ve had mine for almost three years now, but it still amazes me how rock-solidly consistent and accurate it is. There is never any doubt that a miss was on the shooter. None. Now, I have to agree with JSTARZ and BigJoe29:

Did I miss the pictures of the rifle and the group? You know the deal - without pictures this thread is worthless.

mike said it PICS OR BE BANNED!!!! ok maybe not banned but we'll make fun of you

Keith

Last edited:
Happy belated and congrats on your X-Ray. Standing by for those pics.

Hey Mike....no pressure but I do happen to have a birthday coming up :D

Oh where, Oh where can my T-51 be!!

Ptktci, That's one bodacious b-day present, but you're twisting the knife and it hurts so bad! I'm still waiting for my T-51 and need some love from brother Mike!:) Hint, hint Mr. R! The gun safe is feeling lonely...

FlyingDog

D. H. (Hillsboro, OR)

Gentlemen:

Having not posted a lot to this blog I am remiss for not showing what I speak of. Pictures will follow shortly.

Talking to Mike the other day i complained about having trouble developing a load for my new xray. The problem is from minimum to just under maximum loads they all group better than a 1/4 moa at 100. So i suppose ill have to take it out to 200 or 300 so i can measure some difference. Its too accurate.

Mike is good people. I've got a Tango 51 coming back this week and can't wait to get my hands on it.

-side note- this is an agency gun that is 12+ years old. Sent it to mike and he tells me the barrel has been shot out. This gun was shooting .5 inches at 100 WITH A SHOT OUT BARREL!!! I think he knows what he is doing

Sierracharlie out....

Ptktci, That's one bodacious b-day present, but you're twisting the knife and it hurts so bad! I'm still waiting for my T-51 and need some love from brother Mike!:) Hint, hint Mr. R! The gun safe is feeling lonely...

FlyingDog

D. H. (Hillsboro, OR)

I learned you can't rush precision. Hang in there she will be there soon as mike has her ready! ;)

Sierracharlie out....

Pics of rifle and groups or it didnt happen ;)

0724/1030
Hey Mike....no pressure but I do happen to have a birthday coming up
0724/1030 I’m almost finished with your X-Ray get your cash ready ;) lol

Ptktci, That's one bodacious b-day present, but you're twisting the knife and it hurts so bad! I'm still waiting for my T-51 and need some love from brother Mike! Hint, hint Mr. R! The gun safe is feeling lonely...

FlyingDog

D. H. (Hillsboro, OR)
Doug your Tango 51 is just around the corner and the other good news is your Tac Ops 30 Can got the Green Light from the A.T.F. I will be shipping you’re can out in a few days 

Talking to Mike the other day i complained about having trouble developing a load for my new xray. The problem is from minimum to just under maximum loads they all group better than a 1/4 moa at 100. So i suppose ill have to take it out to 200 or 300 so i can measure some difference. Its too accurate.

George it was a pleasure speaking with you the other day keep us posted on how well you are doing with your Tac Ops X-Ray 51 ;)

Mike is good people. I've got a Tango 51 coming back this week and can't wait to get my hands on it.

-side note- this is an agency gun that is 12+ years old. Sent it to mike and he tells me the barrel has been shot out. This gun was shooting .5 inches at 100 WITH A SHOT OUT BARREL!!! I think he knows what he is doing
Steve thanks for the kind words and FYI your Tango 51 should be at your Departments Armory by now. It shot lights out and I am sure you will be pleased, your old shot out barrel is wrapped inside the case…
Let me know if you need anything else and we can take it from there…

Mike

HK401
hurry up man, I ordered it the same rifle and still waiting.......
I’m on it not to worry ;)

Mike

Pics of rifle and groups or it didnt happen

I’m sure Pete will post some pics very soon…

Mike
Tac Ops

Dang, Mike seems to be one great guy. As busy as he is, he still takes the time to read this entire post and address each person individually answering their individual questions - not that anyone was demanding answers... :)

He sure builds some great shooting rifles! I hope to have one someday... Which means that I will! At least I know that the owner/builder has got my back like no other.

Props to a great rifle builder!