• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New York AG Seeks to dissolve NRA

Hey hey come on now yall! Sure you might be right about the NRA-ILA side of the NRA or whatever its called.. but "They haven't done jack shit for years"..seriously?! So I guess the National Matches at Camp Perry held every year are just a big nothing burger? Come on! I get it, the political branch at NRA is for shit, but the whole NRA going away would be a terrible thing. They host one of the biggest matches in the world each year out in Camp Perry and many many many others!

I was at the last Camp Perry and pretty sure it was strictly CMP with no NRA involvement..
Not that CMP is all that and not self serving as an org themselves.
For those who hate the NRA who has the political muscle to fight back besides them.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomcatfan
All the big mouth anti nra fuckers on here talking out their asses are definitely dumb shits!
Every gun manufacturer in this so called free country belongs to and supports the nra! I don't know of any gun ranges that don't require a nra membership! I don't know of any manufacturer of ammo that doesn't support the nra!

So now tell me who understands the problem more?
You or the people that lobby for the nra?

When the nra is gone so are we!
Just a fact of life in a nation that wants to be free
I love the gun community sometimes. So many people bitch about how corrupt our government is. Well the NRA is basically just a lobbying group that pays off politicians. It just pays off the politicians that most here would support. At the end of the day, the NRA is simply a really shitty middle man. They take a huge cut of the money that you should be giving directly to the politicians you support.

The only thing they care about is getting your money. They don’t give a shit about 2A. If they did they wouldn’t have supported a president unilaterally reinterpreting a law that didn’t exist to ban bumpstocks. But alas bumpstocks are banned because Orange man said so. Are they illegal as defined by the law, well....no, but support the NRA? Yea fuck that.

Reactions: spmcpeek
When isn't New York or California and the democrat politicians seeking to destroy people's 2nd amendment rights ? as much as I don't like the nra they are the oldest largest protectors of second amendment rights in the united states corrupt or not they have the lobbyist in Washington , its up to the members to make the organization work for us just like the government people get lazy and allow both to become bloated cash machines you get what you vote for and what you allow .

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
as much as I don't like the nra they are the oldest largest protectors of second amendment rights in the united states corrupt or not
Sadly this isn't historically accurate. As others have pointed out, initially the NRA was an organization of FUDDS that actually advocated for gun control. They were successful in getting some passed. It is a true statement that the NRA has had more gun control laws put on the books on the federal level than ANY of Bloombergs organizations. It wasn't until they realized that they could make A LOT of money off of lobbying did they change their tune.

I wonder what perks Bloomberg takes. Hope she investigates him as well.

Ever heard of the National Matches?
They serve a huge purpose

Thing is, how many people outside of competition know about the matches? Ask the next ten people who walk into any gun shop what significance Camp Perry has and I’d be surprised if two know what you’re talking about.

I was at the last Camp Perry and pretty sure it was strictly CMP with no NRA involvement..
Not that CMP is all that and not self serving as an org themselves.
For those who hate the NRA who has the political muscle to fight back besides them.
Correct. They split up the CMP and NRA portions into different times. The NRA still hosts the National Matches Lol.

Thing is, how many people outside of competition know about the matches? Ask the next ten people who walk into any gun shop what significance Camp Perry has and I’d be surprised if two know what you’re talking about.
So because they don’t know about em, I guess then fuck all those dumbass shooters who compete, they obviously didn’t do a good enough job spreading the word, so fuck em ban it all?
Last I checked PRS ain’t done shit my rights and ability to own a AR15, I say we ban those fucktards too. How many folks even know about them? Likely not many aside from the competitors.. so yea fuck em let’s ban it all.
I feel I’m having a failure to get my point across here. For one, there’s two branches of the NRA. Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water. Also, Banning the NRA HELPS the left, and HURTS us, big time. You think the GOA won’t get audited next if they can shut down the largest 2A group in America? Lol.
We love to eat our own.

Last edited:
So because they don’t know about em, I guess then fuck all those dumbass shooters who compete, they obviously didn’t do a good enough job spreading the word, so fuck em ban it all?

Fuck em? No, not at all. I’m just saying like many things in life, the matches are only relevant to a handful of people anymore. I loved shooting the 14 but now it sits, because like many others, we’ve moved on.

Fuck em? No, not at all. I’m just saying like many things in life, the matches are only relevant to a handful of people anymore. I loved shooting the 14 but now it sits, because like many others, we’ve moved on.
So because you personally have moved on, the answer is to let this bitch ban it? Because that’s what many in this thread are saying.
No wonder we’re losing

All of y’all are acting like the next stop won’t be something you care about. Y’all have very short memories..
The one they really want is you, and much like Trump, the NRA is just in the way

Wouldn't be the first time gun owners in NY gave the NYC/State assholes the finger.

What if they passed AR registration, and folks ignored it...?

Oh, wait...

I'm not a fan of what the NRA has become, but it's really annoying how it's been shaped up to be some sort of a "Boogeyman".

They need to apply the same standards that they are putting on the NRA, to all non-profits and foundations. While we are at it, let's reform campaign finance laws, laws around lobbying and institute term limits.

I'm not a fan of what the NRA has become, but it's really annoying how it's been shaped up to be some sort of a "Boogeyman".

They need to apply the same standards that they are putting on the NRA, to all non-profits and foundations. While we are at it, let's reform campaign finance laws, laws around lobbying and institute term limits.

Amen.

Wouldn't be the first time gun owners in NY gave the NYC/State assholes the finger.

What if they passed AR registration, and folks ignored it...?

Oh, wait...
It gets even better (sarc) in the DPRNY. Now they're well on the way to banning 80% lowers and the ability to assemble or modify firearms except by a licensed gunsmith.
Scott J Biegel Unfinished Receiver Act
Jose Webster Untraceable Firearms Act

Because either of the victims were shot by ghost guns, right?
And silence from the NRA.

The NRA is like the ugly girl, you're happy she is there and friendly but you don't want to take her home to momma. :) But still she served a purpose. THE NRA may suck but at least they are in the fight. If they were useless they would not want their heads on a platter.

Reactions: shoot4fun
To everyone who is still supporting the NRA send a letter, email, text or twitter message to Wayne and his cronies and ask them to resign to save the organization.
Let us know if they give a shit.
Liberals are trying to divide us, The Ol' divide and conquer game. Let stay together during tough times.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Well, my daily dose of email begging from NRA sure has taken a desperate tone today.
But if we lose, the NRA will be WIPED OFF THE POLITICAL MAP.

You and I will NEVER win another legislative or election battle as long as we live.

Law-abiding gun owners across this nation will be DISARMED.

And American freedom will be GONE as we know it.

Reactions: GONE BAD
Well, my daily dose of email begging from NRA sure has taken a desperate tone today.
But if we lose, the NRA will be WIPED OFF THE POLITICAL MAP.

You and I will NEVER win another legislative or election battle as long as we live.

Law-abiding gun owners across this nation will be DISARMED.

And American freedom will be GONE as we know it.
Don't go making me giddy now.... I hope the NRA never has another legislative win, ever... because every time they "win", it costs us rights. I can't think of a single time the NRA has done anything of any positive significance. The only thing coming to mind is all the times they've stabbed Americans in the backs.

The second half is hilarious. Yeah, this nation might be disarmed, and in LARGE part due to the ridiculous Elmer Fudd image that the NRA says all gun owners should be.

It's a Modern Sporting Rifle, not an assault rifle! Here look at this Taurus Curve! Don't forget to read the section of our paper that talks about grandmas fending off villains in her bedroom! Donate now for common sense gun control!

Reactions: shoot4fun
I would join the NRA tomorrow if LaPierre and a couple of the free spending bigwigs would go. The board should should have kicked his ass to the curb years ago, millions wasted and I am not giving them one cent. Even if the used half of my dollar to lobby, the eest would go to line their pockets. Dump Wayne and see what happens.,

Don’t give these fuckers a toe hold. The NRA is fucked up because Lapetertrac . They won’t stop there. My .02

How do y’all have such a short memory? Jesus Christ. Do y’all really think the left is sitting there saying “aw shucks, we need to help those poor NRA members who’ve been misled about where their money has gone!” If you believe that, just send me the money you would’ve sent the NRA, and I’ll fix all your problems.
The liberals are united, largely in one front, and they’re winning in case you ain’t noticed. Givin em another victory ain’t the god dang answer. If you don’t think shutting down the NRA is a victory for the left, then you’re quite dense indeed. CNN will be playing the victory parade for this achievement for days, and most here will have cheered for it. Maybe we deserve whatever we get after all...

Lotta armchair athlete dick swinging opinions here by people who haven’t worked professionally in 2A politics.

Wayne and his buddies need to go and needed to a long time ago, and frankly the org of late is more of an industry lobby more than a civil rights one, but don’t kid yourselves: most everyone here owns things they would not be able to if there were no NRA fighting hard the last ~40yrs. The proliferation of CCW laws around the country at the state level is almost entirely due to them.

Call for Wayne’s keys all you want — I am — but don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

NRA has reportedly wasted over $21,000,000 of donation money per year on themselves, and yall are still hot and bothered.

The AG puts away criminals. Am I supposed to cheer for them because once upon a time, or every now and then, they don't fuck the people?

I hope the battle is a tie and they both lose. Fuck NY and the NRA. GOA and VCDL is my new jam.

If they were bringing LaPierre up on criminal corruption charges, I would cheer them on. But they're not.

Anyone want to guess what the judicial precedent would be if they're successful and how it will be used against every state and national gun rights organization? Gee, maybe the ACLU will come to our aid.

Or fuck it, maybe they will win and we can finally light this firecracker.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
This isn't a simple situation at all. I would love to see Wayne&co cut out of the NRA, I think they're grifters pawning off our rights. Every so often they throw us a bone and tell us to be greatful that the left didn't take more.

It's certainly politically motivated and regardless of the guilt of the NRA I hope they clean her clock. I'd start out by doing my best to force her office to recuse due to her bias.

The major victories over the last 15ish years have been other groups like the FPC, SAF and state orgs. The NRA has hitched their wagons to a few but have they really kept the ball moving?

I will say I am thankful that they serve the purpose of being a target for the left. Heaven help us when they figure out that there are other gun rights orgs that actually do meaningful work.

Best case scenario to me is only minor disruption of the NRA's election work, getting the AG who started this crap what she deserves via the counter suit, a rallying cry for the right in the next election and Wayne/friends to go away for good after the election leaving a reformed, stronger NRA.

The liberals are united, largely in one front, and they’re winning in case you ain’t noticed. Givin em another victory ain’t the god dang answer.
I guess you haven't been paying attention to AOC and other progressives vs. the Pelosi and the establishment. There are as many liberals who refuse to vote for Biden than never Trumper republicans. Just because it isn't talked about by the MSM doesn't mean it isn't there.

Anyone want to guess what the judicial precedent would be if they're successful and how it will be used against every state and national gun rights organization? Gee, maybe the ACLU will come to our aid.
It would also be turned against all the Bloomberg organizations in red states. Planned parenthood would all but disappear in the red states as well. You are right, once the cat is out of the bag... but it goes both ways though.

I always took Ollie as an amusing choice for the NRA's board given much of his history. There's certainly a sense of.....Irony to it.

If they were bringing LaPierre up on criminal corruption charges, I would cheer them on. But they're not.

Or fuck it, maybe they will win and we can finally light this firecracker.

Did you even read the filing? The people running the NRA are corrupt, have squandered money (blowing it on themselves), and have built their upper ranks with people who operate this way. The whole organization is run by these people, it's not like it's a random guy in accounting. They've broken the law, and are violating the terms of operating as a non-profit. If there are other gun-rights organizations (which I'd argue the NRA hasn't been in decades) that are operating as non-profits and committing crimes, then I sure as hell hope people go after them. Same as I would any other non-profit organization, I don't care if it's the Girl Scouts or otherwise. I have no insight into whether the investigation was politically motivated or not, but it really doesn't matter, they shouldn't have been breaking the law, and violating non-profit requirements.

The AG isn't going to push for something as drastic as a dissolution over something there isn't a mound of evidence proving beyond a doubt that these things occurred. It's obviously going to be a massive shit-storm with people blinded to reality on both sides arguing nonsense based on their own political ideology and misconstrued understanding of what this organization actually does/has done. With the press release worded the way it was, you had better believe there's some damning evidence. We should all hope the NRA is put to bed and another organization steps in and steps up, that actually uses all of this money to work on 2A/politics, instead of wasting it all on private jets and fancy homes. Can you imagine the difference if the NRA had actually been acting in good faith and for gun owners of America for the last 2 decades?

Did you even read the filing? The people running the NRA are corrupt, have squandered money (blowing it on themselves), and have built their upper ranks with people who operate this way. The whole organization is run by these people, it's not like it's a random guy in accounting. They've broken the law, and are violating the terms of operating as a non-profit. If there are other gun-rights organizations (which I'd argue the NRA hasn't been in decades) that are operating as non-profits and committing crimes, then I sure as hell hope people go after them. Same as I would any other non-profit organization, I don't care if it's the Girl Scouts or otherwise. I have no insight into whether the investigation was politically motivated or not, but it really doesn't matter, they shouldn't have been breaking the law, and violating non-profit requirements.

The AG isn't going to push for something as drastic as a dissolution over something there isn't a mound of evidence proving beyond a doubt that these things occurred. It's obviously going to be a massive shit-storm with people blinded to reality on both sides arguing nonsense based on their own political ideology and misconstrued understanding of what this organization actually does/has done. With the press release worded the way it was, you had better believe there's some damning evidence. We should all hope the NRA is put to bed and another organization steps in and steps up, that actually uses all of this money to work on 2A/politics, instead of wasting it all on private jets and fancy homes. Can you imagine the difference if the NRA had actually been acting in good faith and for gun owners of America for the last 2 decades?
Well said. It’s funny how quick people are to condemn corruption until they find out that their team or someone they support is corrupt as hell. Then they all turn into, well the other team is going to win now... The idea that all gun owners need to support the NRA is the exact type of thinking that says all African Americans need to vote democrat. No thank you, I will make up my mind myself.

Reactions: ormandj
Well said. It’s funny how quick people are to condemn corruption until they find out that their team or someone they support is corrupt as hell. Then they all turn into, well the other team is going to win now... The idea that all gun owners need to support the NRA is the exact type of thinking that says all African Americans need to vote democrat. No thank you, I will make up my mind myself.

It's a lot like the body; You smoke, drink, don't exercise, and eat crappy food you're a lot more likely to have health issues. If the NRA were stronger in terms of governance and not being grifty they'd have an easier time fighting this suit. As I said I'm hoping they can get their stuff together and come out of this better than they have been.

One question I did have though is would the ILA be affected? I didn't look but I thought it was a separately run entity?

The Left first attacks those who the fear the most. Not a fan of WLP, but judging from Left's intensity, the NRA must be doing something right. Doesn't even matter if it's actually true, as long as that's their overriding perception.

Don't judge them by their friends alone, but also by their enemies.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I thought I'd bump this thread, since the NRA apparently just helped overturn CAs 10 round magazine ban.

Are they still worthless and in need of disbanding?

I thought I'd bump this thread, since the NRA apparently just helped overturn CAs 10 round magazine ban.

Are they still worthless and in need of disbanding?
Yes, they are still useless. What about Maryland’s 10 round magazine ban. What about Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Virginia...the list goes on.

Reactions: DuneBoer
If and when challenges are brought against those states mag bans, those courts will have 2 choices.

They can rule opposite this 9th circuit ruling, in which case the Supreme court will have to decide, extending the ruling nationwide, or depending on how it goes, returning to the status quo.

Or, they can overturn those states mag bans.

I think it's pretty clear why the NY AG wants to disband the NRA. Maybe even a little more clear after this morning.

Last edited:
If and when challenges are brought against those states mag bans, those courts will have 2 choices.

They can rule opposite this 9th circuit ruling, in which case the Supreme court will have to decide, extending the ruling nationwide, or depending on how it goes, returning to the status quo.

Or, they can overturn those states mag bans.

I think it's pretty clear why the NY AG wants to disband the NRA. Maybe even a little more clear after this morning.
It already has been before the courts for Maryland, and it was upheld. That law went into effect in 2012. And by the way, the NRA was not involved in that case.

It already has been before the courts for Maryland, and it was upheld. That law went into effect in 2012. And by the way, the NRA was not involved in that case.

Yes, it appears you are correct. The Maryland magazine ban was heard, and upheld by the 4th US Circuit Court of Appeals. They ruled it constitutional.

So, we have the 9th and 4th circuits ruling opposite on an issue. From here, CA will probably request an en-banq review from the full panel of 13 9th circuit judges.

If it does't get reversed there, the US Supreme Court will have to hear it. That'll be a 4 to 4 decision, with John Roberts casting tie breaking vote. It should be interesting.

With any luck, perhaps Ginsburg will shit the bead ASAP.

From here, CA will probably request an en-banq review from the full panel of 13 9th circuit judges.
Yep, and while the NRA is doing a victory lap, they are ignoring the reality that they have a snowballs chance in hell on winning the same case in front of 13 9th circuit judges.