• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NEW ZEISS 6-24X72MM, BALLISTIC CALCULATOR INTEGRAT

Re: NEW ZEISS 6-24X72MM, BALLISTIC CALCULATOR INTE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This stuff got little attention because, until this year, they weren't being imported, because of HUDISCO, we get to actually see and buy this stuff... before it was like my daughter asking for a unicorn for her birthday. </div></div>

It was being imported, but the company who represented Zeiss Optronics in the US was not known to the shooting world or Law Enforcement - aka they're not RSR Group, Davidson's, etc. They represented stuff like Vector/Northrop laser rangefinder, Leica Geosystems products....stuff that is way higher end than hobbyist would want to spend. Marketing issue I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toovira</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This stuff got little attention because, until this year, they weren't being imported, because of HUDISCO, we get to actually see and buy this stuff... before it was like my daughter asking for a unicorn for her birthday. </div></div>

It was being imported, but the company who represented Zeiss Optronics in the US was not known to the shooting world or Law Enforcement - aka they're not RSR Group, Davidson's, etc. They represented stuff like Vector/Northrop laser rangefinder, Leica Geosystems products....stuff that is way higher end than hobbyist would want to spend. Marketing issue I guess. </div></div>

Are you talking just the 72mm scope or the SAM model, because I tried getting a Spotter 60 from everywhere before HUDISCO and no one was allowed to get one... If you are talking about just a 72mm 6-24X, ya, I get that, but the military stuff was pretty much a no go, I tried. I even spoke with them at Shot in Orlando, as I've been to every one since 2001, or so..

Some stuff, maybe, but not everything was available.

SAM model. They were looking for US dealers at that time. I never actually followed thru to try to purchase it (Schmidt and Bender is $$$$ enough - I know what this Zeiss will cost at least twice more than S&B). I didn't have any LE connections with that large of budget....so I never bothered to go further and wasted more of their time. So you maybe right that you couldn't purchase it if you wanted. I talked to them back in 07, but not 09 SHOT.

Ya I went to everyone who was a Zeiss dealer associated to this site, and nothing that Nathan is carrying was available at the time. I would suspect looking for dealers and having some available that route should someone have stepped up was different from me trying to get one through normal Zeiss people.

I spoke to them at Shot in 07 as well, that is when I saw the Spotter 60, took until March 09 to get one, and I called everyone I knew. Hell the Mil Dot eye pieces for my 65 was available except in the states for years. They had them, but not here.

Re: NEW ZEISS 6-24X72MM, BALLISTIC CALCULATOR INTEGRAT

hi hud
Just wanted to know if you sell to the public or military /police only
Its very hard to get the sam in the uk
Cheers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dave338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi hud
Cheers </div></div>

GOOD QUESTION, BUT I DON`T THING HUDISCO BRINGS THIS SCOPE JUST FOR A POSIBLE MILITARY OR POLICE CONTRACT, NOW AN OTHER SUPER BIG QUESTION.

RELIABILITY ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ak-kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dave338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi hud
Cheers </div></div>

GOOD QUESTION, BUT I DON`T THING HUDISCO BRINGS THIS SCOPE JUST FOR A POSIBLE MILITARY OR POLICE CONTRACT, NOW AN OTHER SUPER BIG QUESTION.

RELIABILITY ? </div></div>

Good question! How about 160 years worth? Take a look at all the old 4x scopes that are still available. They have long since survived the demise of their original weapons systems.

They are available for purchase by private citizens. Check with one of our dealers.

cool wen i asked for reliability i was tinking in the electric sistem of the scope, buth coming from a company like hendsold or zeiss maybe there is no reazon to ask this LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7mmm is .275 Inches... so a hair over a quarter of an inch... that's big ?</div></div>

OK IMO it is way to big.

</div></div>
So, we have .257 calling .275 too big? Ha! Why don't you pick on someone your own size, like .256 or .258?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This stuff got little attention because, until this year, they weren't being imported, because of HUDISCO, we get to actually see and buy this stuff... before it was like my daughter asking for a unicorn for her birthday. </div></div>
Lowlight has a unicorn?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Lowlight has a unicorn?</div></div>

Perk of being a member of the Leprechaun Union, I imagine.

$12,000 is cheap when a wire guided infantry anti tank missile is $25,000?? plus a pop... and that is what some units have been using out to 1500m or more when artillery cannot be used due to collateral damage.

At these stupid long ranges all the science, ballistic, aids are needed. So this kind of scope has a place; its the way things are going.

These optics can be used at night; well on a well lit/moon night. SFP gives the finest sight picture over FFP and at these extended ranges then its click adjustment only. This kind of optic is usually bolted to a heavy sniper rifle system and normally there is plenty of time to take the shot (probably had days making range cards up for the position) (Multiple targets in a hurry, at closer range, can be engaged with everything: personal weapons and machine guns, 50 cals).

You can do all this at home with separate pieces of kit: wind meter with all the toys; laser rangefinder; balistic calculator; custom rifle; loading kit; time on the range. Half the price; in fact quite a lot of people do.