• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Newbie questions

Punisher29073

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2012
White Knoll, SC
I am interested in getting a NV clip on. In my mind, I would like to pick up something that would clip to a rail in front of my existing scope to illuminate the thermal picture. So I can use it on ARs and or bolt guns that I already have set up.

I want it to shoot rodents/coyotes. I am a casual user at best. I would like to stay in $2k range and dont mind buying used if it is safe to do so.

My question to you is, Can I get there from here? and how?

Thank you for any help.

Ryan

Probably for that price something along the lines of the Hogster 35 at around $2600

You won't find a good thermal clip on for this price. The standalone Hogster -R 25 or 35 as already mentioned is most likely your best option. It can be a weapon's sight and/or scanner and will run around $2300-$2700. This is the best bang for your buck. To get into the thermal clip on category with the Hogster-C, you jump all the way up to $3,600, and the FOV as a scanner is quite limiting with the Hogster C for many people.

Since ya got the coin for toys like how about a few bucks here...