• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbie saying hello

digger9523

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi all, name's Nick,

not long joined the forum but already I've had some interesting reading.
Spent some time in the sands playing with insurgents, but now i spend my spare time hunting Deer here in the UK.

Just bought a new rifle last Saturday:
DSC00969.jpg

It takes me back to my youth!
MeandDanWeyman.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

I'm going to put my old S&B 6x42PM onto it this weekend. It's originally from the AI L96A1 and it's been my hunting scope for 5 years now:

AfterBlackShadow.jpg

My best man owns an original AI L96A1 that he uses at Bisley and for deer:

DSC00296.jpg

We both have a soft spot for AI's!

Look forward to reading more on the site,
All the best,
Nick

Re: Newbie saying hello

Welcome; maybe you'll be at the special forces club in London sometime.

Yes, as my fellow hiders have stated; welcome. Oh yeah, nice rifle too!

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! She is a beauty that AW. Can't wait to warm up the tube on Saturday

+1 on welcoming you to the hide. Thank you for your military service and hello from this side of the pond.
Yes, interesting reading on all the new gear and tech info which is why I finally signed upon the hide.
Keep us apprised of the gear and info on you side of the pond, and enjoy your trigger time in the U.K.
Best wishes and enjoy your sport!

Thanks again fellas! Got a chance to warm up the barrel on the AW today. Only had an hour and 18 rounds of hand loaded ammo i got when i bought her. Still, got her scoped and zeroed at 100, then went out to 200 and 300 for a few shots.

IMG_0512.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

She produced a nice group at 300, just over an inch big:

DSC00980.jpg

Taking some guys out after does next weekend, so i had to put a new scope on my .270 as well.

As for new gear over here, the latest news I've heard is of a new rifle maker local to me, Steel Core Designs. He's the guy that originally designed the RPA rifle. He's gone out on his own now, they're worth a look.

All the best,
Nick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again fellas! Got a chance to warm up the barrel on the AW today. Only had an hour and 18 rounds of hand loaded ammo i got when i bought her. Still, got her scoped and zeroed at 100, then went out to 200 and 300 for a few shots.

IMG_0512.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

She produced a nice group at 300, just over an inch big

DSC00980.jpg

Taking some guys out after does next weekend, so i had to put a new scope on my .270 as well.

As for new gear over here, the latest news I've heard is of a new rifle maker local to me, Steel Core Designs. He's the guy that originally designed the RPA rifle. He's gone out on his own now, they're worth a look.

All the best,
Nick </div></div>

We will take your word cause like most Americans I have no idea how big that coin is lol someone mail this man a quarter!!

[/quote]We will take your word cause like most Americans I have no idea how big that coin is lol someone mail this man a quarter!! [/quote]

LMAO!!! Looks like Nick is a great shot.....might want to send him some dimes as well!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DJ480</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again fellas! Got a chance to warm up the barrel on the AW today. Only had an hour and 18 rounds of hand loaded ammo i got when i bought her. Still, got her scoped and zeroed at 100, then went out to 200 and 300 for a few shots.

IMG_0512.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

She produced a nice group at 300, just over an inch big

DSC00980.jpg

All the best,
Nick </div></div>

We will take your word cause like most Americans I have no idea how big that coin is lol someone mail this man a quarter!! </div></div>

Well i sort of cheated a bit using that Accu-shot rear monopod! Not sure I'd have got the same group free hand! The coin is a £2, but for scale the "Target" is a yellow Post it note and is 3 inches across at the bottom. I'll have to see if i can duplicate the hand loads the guy gave me now.

I spent 11 years shooting service rifle competitions for the army, even came across and did AFSAAM down in Arkansas 3 or 4 times. Got a few tin cups and medals to my name, but i still look in awe at you guys doing all the Long range shooting at prairie dogs and the like, that's where the skill is, hitting little things at long range. For the most part we just can't do that over here. There are a very few places where you could, but you'd have to be really lucky to get in there. Otherwise the population is so dense that in most places you can't look anywhere and Not see a house.