• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbie to precision shooting

Hydguy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2013
Fl
Hello,

I'm Hydguy, and new to precision shooting.
I've been shooting handguns and AR's for over a decade now, and finally decided to get into bolt guns, and the things that go with it.

I'm a former Marine ('91-'02 70% DAV) but wasn't anything HSLD.

The majority of my training was from the Corps, and a few NRA classes.

I recently purchased a Rem700 SPS Tac AAC-SD in .308, and am now in the process of figuring out what scope/ring/base combo I want to go with. I do plan on getting a can for this in the future.

Looking forward to learning about precision shooting here!

I am Hydguy on several other firearms boards (ARFcom, M4C, and a few others)

Welcome brother! you are in the right place to learn, the forums are a gold mine of information, would suggest read, read, read!!

Hello,

I'm Hydguy, and new to precision shooting.
I've been shooting handguns and AR's for over a decade now, and finally decided to get into bolt guns, and the things that go with it.

I'm a former Marine ('91-'02 70% DAV) but wasn't anything HSLD.

The majority of my training was from the Corps, and a few NRA classes.

I recently purchased a Rem700 SPS Tac AAC-SD in .308, and am now in the process of figuring out what scope/ring/base combo I want to go with. I do plan on getting a can for this in the future.

Looking forward to learning about precision shooting here!

I am Hydguy on several other firearms boards (ARFcom, M4C, and a few others)

Precision shooting can be a lot of fun. But, like anything else you can go anywhere from shoestring to all out and everything in between.. If you have a budget in mind, it may help with the advice you get.
I can say that many of the shooters I know go with Nightforce scopes.

I would check out Project Appleseed Home and master the skills there with a small bore. this will do wonders for you when you want to go to longer distances