• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbies in the For Sale Section.

ldunnmobile

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2007
Arkansas
Any sellers other than me get swamped with questions from newbies with like 2 posts(if that many) asking the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over... when the info they want is right there in the description? Not all are that bad, but some are.

I do NOT mind answering questions. <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm talking about guys who send me 12 million messages, in the span of a few hours, in the middle of a work day, and are freaking out because I haven't responded. </span>

There are no stupid questions, but one person asking a legitimate question 47times over and over it gets kinda frustrating.

I'm probably over-reacting, but I don't every have any trouble with people that have been around for just a short time. It's the 1 post registered yesterday type that make me crazy.

Would it be unethical to state that I refuse to sell to anyone with less than 100 posts??? Please tell me I'm not the only guy that feels this way, or I'm gonna feel like a <span style="font-weight: bold">jerk.</span>
crazy.gif

Re: Newbies in the For Sale Section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldunnmobile</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any sellers other than me get swamped with questions from newbies with like 2 posts(if that many) asking the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over... when the info they want is right there in the description? Not all are that bad, but some are.

I do NOT mind answering questions. <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm talking about guys who send me 12 million messages, in the span of a few hours, in the middle of a work day, and are freaking out because I haven't responded. </span>

There are no stupid questions, but one person asking a legitimate question 47times over and over it gets kinda frustrating.

I'm probably over-reacting, but I don't every have any trouble with people that have been around for just a short time. It's the 1 post registered yesterday type that make me crazy.

Would it be unethical to state that I refuse to sell to anyone with less than 100 posts??? Please tell me I'm not the only guy that feels this way, or I'm gonna feel like a <span style="font-weight: bold">jerk.</span>
crazy.gif
</div></div>

I understand what you're saying, really, I do. That being said, it freaks me the f*ck out when I've just sent $1700+ to someone via money order or Paypal and the tracking info they've given me is wrong or if their communication is shitty at best. I mean, it's not like I just spend $170 on something and the very idea or thought that $1700 might have just vanished into thin air just scares the shit out of me. LoL! Sure, the money can be recouped 95% of the time but even then, it may take awhile to be reimbursed if someone doesn't uphold their end of the deal. If I sell something, <span style="font-style: italic">anything</span>, I make sure to keep in contact with the buyer each step of the way so they KNOW everything is on the up and up.

Would it be unethical to refuse to sell to anyone with less than 100 posts? Hell no, it wouldn't. It's YOUR ITEM and you have the right to refuse to do business with anyone with whom you feel uncomfortable with. In fact, Sobrbiker883 states that very thing in his classified ads.

<span style="font-weight: bold">KillShot, you can bet on the fact that if somebody has already sent money my way, I am in CONSTANT contact with them. In that instance, I understand the frantic communication because I am the same way due to the Unknown Factor.
</span>
To help clarify what I'm meant by constant questions:

Hypothetical example of questions from 1 dude.

That still for sale?
That still for sale?
That still for sale?
That still for sale?
What's wrong, that still for sale?

NOPE, even though everything else is marked SPF and has strikethrough on the lettering, I gonna leave this up just to screw with you. It actually was never for sale, haha.

Interesting that Sobrbiker 883 does the 100 posts thing. I think I will start doing it.

I may just be cranky tonight

You're not cranky. I've listed a few things lately with similar results. It is annoying, but if they annoy me enough i just stop responding to them and delete their messages. The old saying there are no stupid questions is wrong in my book.

HA HA HA! Yeah, I'm with you on that one, Idunnmobile. Several times within the past month, I've witnessed someone digging up a classified post from a year ago to ask if it was still for sale, and even when it's clearly marked SPF.

Hey guys im new to this site and long range shooting i just bought a savage model 10fp in 308 and put a leupold with target turretts but i am unfamilliar with the turrets lets say my drop is 30 in whats the measurment what do i turn the turrets to is it in inches clicks its probably a dumb question ive shot a 32special off my horse since i was a kid on the ranch never had a scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldunnmobile</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FFFF33">There are no stupid questions</span>, but one person asking a legitimate question 47times over and over it gets kinda frustrating.
</div></div>
No stupid questions, just stupid people who ask questions...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Duke1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can anyone help
</div></div>

You just got here. Learn to search the site and find the answers you are looking for.

If you absolutely must post a question try to put it in the correct section.

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Duke1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hey guys im new to this site and long range shooting i just bought a savage model 10fp in 308 and put a leupold with target turretts but i am unfamilliar with the turrets lets say my drop is 30 in whats the measurment what do i turn the turrets to is it in inches clicks its probably a dumb question ive shot a 32special off my horse since i was a kid on the ranch never had a scope</div></div>

Haha, please tell me a somebody just created a new profile just to screw with us!!!

No way this is legit.. I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldunnmobile</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Duke1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hey guys im new to this site and long range shooting i just bought a savage model 10fp in 308 and put a leupold with target turretts but i am unfamilliar with the turrets lets say my drop is 30 in whats the measurment what do i turn the turrets to is it in inches clicks its probably a dumb question ive shot a 32special off my horse since i was a kid on the ranch never had a scope</div></div>

Haha, please tell me a somebody just created a new profile just to screw with us!!!

No way this is legit.. I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div></div>

Roflcopter.gif

Hahahaha, simple fix man:
I work for a living, so if you send a message I will get to it later in the day after work

Just quote that in the bottom of all your sale item posts and you should see some relief from newb worry

Damn, why am I laughing my ass off right now?

Try working in a gun store.

I had a customer frantically calling in the other day because he'd dropped his pistol on the floor. Onto carpet. From the couch. And he was afraid it might be damaged and in need of return to the manufacturer for repair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try working in a gun store.

I had a customer frantically calling in the other day because he'd dropped his pistol on the floor. Onto carpet. From the couch. And he was afraid it might be damaged and in need of return to the manufacturer for repair. </div></div>

I gotta ask, what store do you work in? Always like meeting SH members.

I guess the guy thought the drop of 14" was more stressful to the gun than the 35,000psi and cycling of the slide....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Casselton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try working in a gun store.

I had a customer frantically calling in the other day because he'd dropped his pistol on the floor. Onto carpet. From the couch. And he was afraid it might be damaged and in need of return to the manufacturer for repair. </div></div>

I gotta ask, what store do you work in? Always like meeting SH members.

I guess the guy thought the drop of 14" was more stressful to the gun than the 35,000psi and cycling of the slide.... </div></div>

What he said!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Duke1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can anyone help
</div></div>

You just got here. Learn to search the site and find the answers you are looking for.

If you absolutely must post a question try to put it in the correct section.

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en </div></div>

Wait, really? I thought that they were just supposed to go to the SB and pester the bejeesus out of everybody in <span style="font-style: italic">there.</span>

Whodathunkit?

Well this forum is a lot better than most about all of the cr@p people ask. For the most part, I have been impressed with everyone that I have dealt with and talked to on this site. There are always going to be a few that ruin it for the rest but IMHO this site is 95% legit, honest, stand-up guys (and a few gals). I would rather deal with those on this site than any of the others that I visit.

No, not all of us have "smart phones" or sit at a computer waiting for answers... I would think that most on here work in some sort of public service and will respond as soon as possible... I could just imagine going thru defense training or being out on the range and telling the instructor that your iPhone is more important than his training.

I have found a lot of knowledge on here and have been impressed several times. I would say there is more "common sense" here than on all of the other sites I visit unfortunately, common sense is not that common anymore.

Hey im fairly new here, but post #2701666 in this thread was funny, I don't care who you are!!!!

No I prefer a buyer to have 100 posts as well, so I can get to know them from the board ..

not all new guys are bad, ive recently made purchase with 4 people and all would tell you they would do business with me again...

It depends what I'm selling, as to how comfortable I am with the buyer. If it's brass that I'm letting go, then there's really nothing a buyer can do with it other than load it. If the buyer has that kind of education, then I feel comfortable dealing with someone who is new to the board. But if I'm looking at selling a bayonet for example, I'll check the buyer's history, comments, and posts until I'm comfortable that the buyer isn't a high-school kid who is going to take his new toy in to show his friends on Monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It depends what I'm selling, as to how comfortable I am with the buyer. If it's brass that I'm letting go, then there's really nothing a buyer can do with it other than load it. If the buyer has that kind of education, then I feel comfortable dealing with someone who is new to the board. But if I'm looking at selling a bayonet for example, I'll check the buyer's history, comments, and posts until I'm comfortable that the buyer isn't a high-school kid who is going to take his new toy in to show his friends on Monday.</div></div>

The plus side is, people like that don't tend to last very long around these parts. Stupidity is self-eliminating, as in life itself.

I'm new myself but in my eyes, there IS such a thing as a stupid question. Most of the questions that I've had were answered simply by me searching the forum or looking it up on google, which reflects on my low post count. I guess they feel if they ask "Still for sale?" enough, you'd get annoyed and just sell it to them to get them off your back.

I don't know if this is a reflection of newbie purchases or just coincidence, but my last two for sale items went strangely.

Both were posted in the correct for sale section. Both were posted for a week, and were dutifully moved to the top, when they slid past the first page.

After a week, I just let them fade. Then about a month later, I get a PM asking "still for sale?" Yes, I reply, and a sale is made via PM. So far so good.

Now the strange part: with both items, since the listings are so old, I don't bother to put SPF on them, but within the next 24 to 48 hours after the sales, I get a half dozen offers, including on one item, two offers for more money than I'm even asking for the item.

Both sales were completed smoothly, but the pattern of offers was weird.........

I have had many $$$ worth of dealings with members- both buying and selling. Never had a DEADBEAT buyer until a month ago. Buyer had about 350 posts and I sent $100 worth of merchandise before he paid. He said he would have funds on the way "Friday." Friday has yet to come to Redmond, Oregon.

Sorry guys, I got distracted and have no real excuse for being late.

Here is the cheese for all this whine!
grin.gif

I don't sell stuff online so I have not noticed what some are complaining about, HOWEVER I have noticed the Bear Pit seems to be turning into the whiny guy rant place.

Reminds me of a nursing home where all the old farts sit around and complain about everything to include the weather.