• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision News just broke. Iray Rico Micro. Skeet IRX / Voodoo competitor for half the price ? Discussions thread.

Darn,, I want to hate this thing but it is looking good. A reasonably priced clipon that looks like it might be a good performer.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
If you ever get out, could you show some distance pictures. 300+? If I missed it in an earlier post, I apologize.

Darn,, I want to hate this thing but it is looking good. A reasonably priced clipon that looks like it might be a good performer.
Yep, it looks pretty promising, especially with UNV behind it.

I think they might be gonna show the "big boys" how its done. :)

Sorry for the delay man. I’m down with the flu. Started getting better yesterday and I’m dying again today. If I survive I’ll get a video I promise. Not to mention we have an inch of ice on everything outside right now. Here’s this for the time being….View attachment 7814954
Dang, get better!

Looks like you found a suppressor and brass to run through that beauty since I saw it last!

Is it possible to interface the LRF module with this unit, even if you needed a separate mounting point?

I am supposed to receive the new Rico Micro here in a couple of weeks. I've got a hog hunt a little later in March, so I'll give it a work out of sorts.

ILya
Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Thought I had decided on getting either an Mh-25 or the ML-19 this fall for bridging with a 14. But now this Rico micro 384 has spiced things up. Weapons mountable should mean more rugged build, and another huge plus for me is lower cold weather rating. We are out at below 10 degrees a lot. Also better image than ML19, and $1000 less than the MH25. But at 2x base mag.

So my questions are…will 2x work for me on a helmet? Is there a downside to 2x on a helmet if you aren’t navigating with it? Obviously 2x means no chance for “fusion” vision with the 14. Is that a big loss? I’ve never tried this. I understand isn’t really all that great with bridged units anyway, and wasn’t my goal. If the result was any sort of double vision effect, I think I’d hate it.

Also, how well will this pair with a 14 on a bridge without using a PVS-14 eyepiece like the MH-25 can? Or can Rico 384 also take PVS14 eyepiece? Or maybe it doesn’t need it?

Personally I wouldn’t run 2x on a helmet but plenty of guys do. Probably just as important to consider your terrain. FOV is really nice inside 200 yds

Reactions: Namekagon
Speaking with Jay from sureshot, the RH25 doesn’t need the eyepiece upgrade at all. It’s good to go from the factory
I wonder if its the same deal for the 384 version, considering that one isn't a clip-on. Its good the RH25 is good to go, because I could see where changing the eyepiece on the RH25 could mess up the clip-on functionality.

I wonder if its the same deal for the 384 version, considering that one isn't a clip-on. Its good the RH25 is good to go, because I could see where changing the eyepiece on the RH25 could mess up the clip-on functionality.
I mentioned that because they appear to have the same exact eyepiece design.

The clip-on feature is a software setting (choice within the menu).

Last edited:
Reactions: Namekagon
Does anyone know, if the RL25 Micro comes with the ADM mount that’s shown in this thread? Or does that only come with the 640 version?

How many rifle zero/profiles are supported with these?

Does anyone know, if the RL25 Micro comes with the ADM mount that’s shown in this thread? Or does that only come with the 640 version?

How many rifle zero/profiles are supported with these?
I’m 99% sure the RL does come with the same mount but I will find out for sure for you.

I think there is only 1 because once you get it adjusted, it’s really close to perfect on every other platform you will put it on. Mine has been extremely close on every set up I’ve used it on.

Jay

I’m 99% sure the RL does come with the same mount but I will find out for sure for you.

I think there is only 1 because once you get it adjusted, it’s really close to perfect on every other platform you will put it on. Mine has been extremely close on every set up I’ve used it on.

Jay
Thank you!
Does the same hold true for stand alone mode as well as clip on mode? Well, I guess the RL 384 version is not suitable for clip on so I probably answered my own question…

So far I've only seen the user manual available from the falconclaw website, but that document seems very weak on specifics regarding calibration.

No, the US manual is different than the Falconclaw one above.
US has better illustrations and more clean, intuitive instructions.
There's some slight differences between the US and European products too, small things like battery types/caps are different, and of course the optional PICTAIL and MQD mount are covered in the US manual but aren't in the Euro one.

BTW: RE: "How many rifle zero/profiles are supported with these?"

The manual says there's "three zero profiles: A, B, and C. Each has three customizable zero distances... The selected zero profile appears on the left side of the status bar. NOTE: The zero profile menu item is only enabled in standalone mode. It is disabled in clip-on, helmet, and handheld mode because the reticle is disabled."

Last edited:
The unit looks great and I'm really tempted to buy one, but the manual seems less than stellar.
For example, I still don't understand the part you quoted. Are zero profiles A/B/C supposed to be for three different guns? And then each of those three profiles can be assigned a specific zero distance of 100/200/300 meters?
Maybe it's just me? :unsure: Are things any clearer when going through these steps with a unit in hand? Do you have a digital copy of the US manual that you can share?

Are zero profiles A/B/C supposed to be for three different guns? And then each of those three profiles can be assigned a specific zero distance of 100/200/300 meters?

That is my understanding of the above. You get 3 different rifle profiles and each one can have three different saved zeroes which I guess you could use for any purpose (100/200/300 yards, or suppressed/unsuppressed, etc).

That is my understanding of the above. You get 3 different rifle profiles and each one can have three different saved zeroes which I guess you could use for any purpose (100/200/300 yards, or suppressed/unsuppressed, etc).
I still dont have a manual for the micro but from what i can tell its like this. Take it out of the box, pop it on a rifle in front of whatever day optic you intend to use and go to the alignment selection in the menu. Adjust the screen until your poi is the same as your day scope. There are not multiple slots to save for different rifle profiles. Once its aligned your darn close on everything you mount it on. Yes darn close... This little guy is a stupid nice little clip on optic for sure but it is not a long range precision optic. So changing it from rifle to rifle expecting a 1/4 MOA repeatability is far fetched. This is a close to mid range optic and i would comfortably say that you can swap it from gun to gun and never get enough shift to miss an animal inside 2-300. Also it only takes about 1 minute to check alignment on a new weapon platform just to be safe that your good. With that being said, i like going to that menu after i mount it on a new weapon platform to check just for piece of mind. I havent had to correct it yet but i imagine that will have to be adjusted if my center to center is pretty bad off.

hope this clarifies how it works

Jay

Last edited:
The unit looks great and I'm really tempted to buy one, but the manual seems less than stellar.
For example, I still don't understand the part you quoted. Are zero profiles A/B/C supposed to be for three different guns? And then each of those three profiles can be assigned a specific zero distance of 100/200/300 meters? ...Are things any clearer when going through these steps with a unit in hand?

I think they did a really good job with the manual, and yes, when you've got the booklet and the unit in hand that would have made more sense. :)
The three zeros are, as far as I can tell, for whatever you want to use them on: 3 different caliber rifles, 3 different ammo loadings but in the same gun (sub/super, etc.), distances, or whatever other three use-cases you can think up.

Is it possible to interface the LRF module with this unit, even if you needed a separate mounting point?

Iray's LRF is fake news. They are an $800 paper weight. I wouldn't count on it being worth a damn even if it can interface.

Last edited:
Reactions: stefan73
Iray's LRF is fake news. They are an $800 paper weight. I wouldn't count on it being worth a damn even if it can interface.
That sucks. Oh well. Wish something like this was made here for around the same price point.

Going to see if I can get a pig tonight

Attachments

• D7D8D745-1340-458D-9BF1-8A187B33567D.jpeg
    D7D8D745-1340-458D-9BF1-8A187B33567D.jpeg
    683.1 KB · Views: 195
Are these shipping? I tried looking at their website but can't find them. I'm hesitant to call because I'm sure I give my cc number up, and I'm trying to hold off for another month.

• Haha

Jay
Jay
Did you ever find out if it came with the mounts?

For whatever reason, iRay USA deems the pictail and the ADM QD mount sensitive technology and therefore won't export them. (Even though it is an ADM mount, I guess iRay USA developed it with them?!) Thus there is nobody currently exporting these mounts to Europe.
You can buy a similar mount from IEA in Germany, but their rail attachment lacks the night vision shoe: https://i-e-a.de/nachtsicht/waermeb...llspannmontage-fuer-waermebildgeraet-pfn?c=50
Also, Cold Harbour Supply in Canada is supposedly working on their own version of this adapter and mount, and they will be able to export to Europe. But their mount will put the optical axis at 1.93" and not the 39mm of the iRay/ADM solution.

Yea boy. Chunk of aluminum clamp is sensitive and restricted under ITAR.

Meanwhile Uncle Sugar is pushing delivery of Tanks, Aircraft, Missiles & God only knows what else to Ukraine to get us in a Wah with Russia.

Clowns running the show.

Reactions: rlsmith1
For whatever reason, iRay USA deems the pictail and the ADM QD mount sensitive technology and therefore won't export them. (Even though it is an ADM mount, I guess iRay USA developed it with them?!) Thus there is nobody currently exporting these mounts to Europe.
You can buy a similar mount from IEA in Germany, but their rail attachment lacks the night vision shoe: https://i-e-a.de/nachtsicht/waermeb...llspannmontage-fuer-waermebildgeraet-pfn?c=50
Also, Cold Harbour Supply in Canada is supposedly working on their own version of this adapter and mount, and they will be able to export to Europe. But their mount will put the optical axis at 1.93" and not the 39mm of the iRay/ADM solution.

Hi Javem!
Thanks a lot for your answer, really interesting there is something already in Europe, but in practical terms, what would be the difference between this mount in Europe and the one from Iray USA? Will I be still able to wear it on the helmet, detach and attach to the rail? Any downside? Not sure what it means that it lacks the night vision shoe (Sorry, too new on this...)

The IEA rail is only a Picatinny rail, it will not allow you to easily mount the device to a NVG helmet mount that uses the Wilcox shoe design. The Wilcox shoe is a wedge/dovetail industry standard that allows quick detach to certain night vision mounts.
If you are interested: I've drawn up my own version of a rail attachment in CAD, I just need to find an economical way to have it machined somewhere.
Here's a picture of the iRay pictail rail that shows you the two different sections: NVG dovetail on the left, Picatinny rail section on the right.

Attachments

• RH25_pictail3.png
    RH25_pictail3.png
    554.2 KB · Views: 45