• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Next Form 1 project: 10/22 or T/C receiver?

bp78

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2011
Central NC,USA
Anyone have some inspiration on a new Form 1 project to start?

So far, I'm thinking either a Form 1 SBR for a 10/22 or Thompson-Center Encore/Contender receiver.

I have two cans so far, AAC 762SDN6 (still waiting on the stamp for this one) and a .22 SS Sparrow. Host wise, the .22 can runs on a MkII TacSol, CZ452, and 6" AR SBR.

A TC Contender SBR might be fun with a .22 barrel and a second 300BLK barrel.

Re: Next Form 1 project: 10/22 or T/C receiver?

What length barrel and caliber do you use the most on it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sbr'd a Contender....awesome setup!!!</div></div>

I'd love to see pics with caliber info.

Very much interested!

Awaiting stamps on 7.62sdn6 & SS Sparrow.
Almost 4 months pending!

Mostly sits as a 300 Whisper...but use a 9mm/30 30 and 22lr as well. Barrel lenght of 10" works well for me..use my 30/9mm and 22 cans on her...
Shane002.jpg

Suppressedfun.jpg

Love my T/Cs so the Contender gets my vote.

Or possibly an Encore frame, that way you would not be restricted by caliber.

What's the difference between the Encore & Contender, are they all interchangeable?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bp78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the difference between the Encore & Contender, are they all interchangeable?</div></div>

they are not interchangeable, the encore is for magnum calibers

This is an older Contender frame.

If your thinking of an SBR, you may want to look at the newer G-2 frame. Because of the engraving on the older models, I'm not sure where you would do your engraving for the SBR information. The barrels are interchangale between the two but the grip angle is a little different so the grips and stocks arn't.

The Encore frame has no factory engraving so may be frendly to SRB engraving too.

ContenderSuppressor1.jpg