• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF 1-4x illumination question???

sawman556

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2012
Bucks County, PA USA
Hey y'all. I have a new NF 1-4x with FC-2 reticle. I knew when I bought it that the illumination would not be T1ish bright but this thing is pretty dim. I've tried different batteries with zero difference. Anyone know if the juice in this thing can be turned up a little at the factory???

It would be nice if it was like an aim point and such. How you like the fc-2? Mine has the ihr which I use for hunting and I really like it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have 2 with the FC-2 reticle and like it a lot but do wish the illuminated reticle was brighter for day time use.

If you're wanting to use it like a non-magnified optic, try turning the illumination all the way up, then shooting with both eyes open with the objective lens cap on. Your dominant eye will see the dot, your non-dominant eye will see the world around you, and your brain will lay the two images over each other.

If you're wanting to use it like a non-magnified optic, try turning the illumination all the way up, then shooting with both eyes open with the objective lens cap on. Your dominant eye will see the dot, your non-dominant eye will see the world around you, and your brain will lay the two images over each other.

This does work but I really don't need daytime illumination. The black circle dot reticle is fine for daytime shooting.

The FC-2 works great for shooting 4", 6" and 8" steel plates @ 300yds with my AR-15. I haven't been able to use it further yet. My guess is it wouldn't be too hard to hit a man size target at 600. It's probably not the best ranging reticle but with some practice it will suffice. I wouldn't mind seeing a small MOA scale under the circle dot or in mils with matching turrets.

This does work but I really don't need daytime illumination. The black circle dot reticle is fine for daytime shooting.

The FC-2 works great for shooting 4", 6" and 8" steel plates @ 300yds with my AR-15. I haven't been able to use it further yet. My guess is it wouldn't be too hard to hit a man size target at 600. It's probably not the best ranging reticle but with some practice it will suffice. I wouldn't mind seeing a small MOA scale under the circle dot or in mils with matching turrets.

A man-sized plate at 400yds is easy through my 1.5x ACOG with a 50yd zero, so I would tend to agree with you. NF added the scale you want in the FC-3G reticle.

Here is what NF has said about the FC-2:

• Designed around M118LR (7.62) at 2567fps or a 5.56 out of a 14.5”/16” rifle w/ Mk262 (5.56) at
2700fps
• All hold points are 5MOA apart – The circle is 10moa – a human head at 100 yards
• Zero the center 2moa dot at 200yds – that pretty much gives POA/POI from 25-200 yards
• 100yds is just above the top of the 2moa dot
• 300yds – place the 2 moa dot at 12 o’clock on a 10” plate
• 350yds – place the 2moa dot on top of a 10” plate
• 400yds – set the bottom of the 10moa circle on top of a 10” plate
• 500yds – tip of vertical triangular post below circle
• 600yds – bottom of the triangular post below the circle
• The edge of the circle is the hold for walking targets at 100 yards
• The tip of the 3 and 9 o’clock points are for running targets at 100 yards