• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF 2.5-10x24 comparable optic?

g3ninfinite

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Los Angeles County
With the NF 2.5-10x24 essentially now DEAD, what is a THE comparable optic? I can stick with SFP or if FFP even better.

rifle is a dd mk12 5.56 shooting BH 77 grain exclusively max range 600 yards

Im well aware of the x32 and x42 NF's but looking for something shorter and lighter.

LOOKING for:

mil reticle

.1 milrad turrets with enough elevation to get the m262 type load to 600 in a SINGLE turn.

must have illumination

max magnification must be a minimum of 6x but i prefer 10x,

side parallax optional not required

Another interesting idea is the Trijicon vcog with 77gr reticle. If anyone has done that I'd like to hear how that went.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have the x32 on my 16" AR and have taken it out to 1000 without the optic being a weak link.
Using an ADM 20 moa Recon mount I ran out of adjustment and had to hold an additional 1.5 mils.
Around here 600 would take one turn plus 1/2 mil.
With another 2" of barrel, different load and a little more elevation it might be 5 mils.
I've used it early am on through to pitch dark and could hit an E type illuminated by a few camping glow sticks consistently at 500.
The lowest illumination setting was bright enough to make the glow sticks very hard to see.

You may or may not have considered Vortex, but their Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP with the EBR-1 reticle meets every requirement you put forth. Its late and I don't know what drop at 600 is for a 77 gr load off the top of my head, but it's 5 mils/rev.

The only thing that might be a show stopper is no parallax adjustment.

I'm not a glass connoisseur, but I've read the glass is very nice on these....better than others in the PST line. Just an option to consider. You might be looking for something higher end if you're considering Nightforce and Trijicon.

Bumping up the cost, but I believe the only answer is the Leupold CQBSS if you aren't looking at the NF x32 or x42 models. It's heavier than the x24, but with 1x on the bottom end and 8x on the top, it performs extremely well on top of an AR. You also have the option of adding the small ring on the elevation turret that is marked out for your range dialing, I have them for both 77gr 5.56 (supplied with scope) and 175gr 30 cal from the custom shop. Yes, it will spin to 800yd DOPE in a single turn including zero stop.

The only thing I will say is check on the illumination type you want. On the M-TMR version I have, only the outer bars illuminate so I do not have an illuminated reticle worth shit when on 8x, but it's a nice little cross at 1x that is visible in all but the bright days outdoors. Damn the compromises...

The NF 2.5-10x42 NXS weighs only 4 ounces more. It gives you:

Better glass.

Side focus.

Better illumination.

Much more forgiving eye box.

Three times (!!!) as big an objective lens.

I've owned the NF 2.5-10x24 in one form or another ever since they came out. They're truly amazing little scopes. But, the new scope crushes it.

IMG_3592.JPG