• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF 2.5x10-32

Stinger78

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2012
So I decided to sit out on the porch ( with a cold beer of course) and see how well I could see through this scope as the sun went down. Im no expert by any means but always read how a larger objective helps to gather more light allowing a better sight picture in low light conditions. This is contrary to what I always thought which was objective lens size really doesn't make much difference as far as light gathering goes. Its the tube size that matters. Objective lens only gives you a larger field of view at distance. Which, would gather a little more light I suppose but not enough to really make a difference. I could be totally wrong here, but thats what I always thought anyway.

So, I take my new NF Compact 2.5x10-32, unmounted, (rifle hasn't came in yet) outside to see how this does on low light conditions. HOLY CRAP, i could see through this scope in basically pitch black conditions. Granted I'd had a few beers but dang! The only thing you couldn't see once it got dark was the reticle. You could see it, but it was difficult. So, i turned on the illumination and viola, problem solved. I was ranging different objects at various distances through out the twilight period. My conclusion, for all the hunters out there, you could easily pinpoint the vitals on a deer out to 300 yards at last light/legal shooting time. In reality, you could easily shoot past legal light with this scope to those distances maybe even further. Not that I condone that of course but you could.

For anyone on the fence about purchasing this scope, I would say go for it. For a dedicated long range precision bolt gun, I would go with one of NF's other offerings probably, but for a mobile AR platform with shots out to 500yrds or so, I cant imagine there is anything better out there.

Re: NF 2.5x10-32

I have the same scope. Killed a nice mule deer at 350 yards just after first light, last fall. Love this scope. The illuminated reticule was a lot of help, too.

I'm thinking pretty hard about putting one of these on my .243 for mountain deer hunts/predators

a 30mm tube and a larger objective can definately help,..but the quality of the glass,how the lenses are all matched and the qualities of the coatings also play a major role. in other words,you can have a lesser scope with less quality glass,coatings,etc. but with a larger objective and it still doesn't necessarily mean it will perform better in low light,it could perform much worst.

you happen to have one of the most coveted(on several levels) compact scopes of all time. there's a reason for that and it's not a coincidence.

I've been on the lookout for a 2.5-10x32mm NP-R2 for months now, and I just pulled the trigger! Finally I can finish my 18" Noveske AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dp427tt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definately considering this scope for my whitetail rig. </div></div>

If you can find one with the reticle you want and have the extra scratch, I'd jump on it. The 2.5x10's seem to be pretty scarce right now. There are a few on Gunbroker. Before I found mine online my local dealer called NF and was told 26 weeks.

It's a fantastic optic for the size...I'm running one on my Fulton Armory Titan .308/7.62x51mm w/a Bobro QD mount.

24b6vsj.jpg

AvsFan
cool.gif

It is my understanding that the objective determines how much light can be transmitted into the scope...the larger the objective, the larger the exit pupil at a given magnification.

The main tube diameter determines how much room the erector tube has to travel; the larger, the more elevation.

I believe the ocular lens determines field of view.