• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF 7-35x with MIL C

I heard end of November but now am hearing end of the year. I haven't paid for anything yet as I always pay cash for these things and hate tying up money.

When i ponyed up I was told a week. I’m not to worried about it though, I just moved to the communist front range of Colorado and have not been able to do much shooting anyways.

i have a 7-35 mil-r ( couldn't wait) and it is an awesome scope, very user friendly, simple layout, awesome eyebox for a scope with high mag. you will not be disappointed

When i ponyed up I was told a week. I’m not to worried about it though, I just moved to the communist front range of Colorado and have not been able to do much shooting anyways.

I dont mean to derail this thread but is Colorado really that bad for shooting ?

I dont mean to derail this thread but is Colorado really that bad for shooting ?

I come from Eastern Utah where there is public land in any direction you look and you can shoot in any direction as well, I had my own personal range out to 450yds on my farm. I’m near FortCollins now and public land that you can shoot on to my knowledge is pretty much nonexistent. There are some grass lands near by but you have to walk your targets out.
The gun laws in this state suck as well. Restricted magazine capacity, back ground checks for personal firearms sales, etc.

It wasn't like that until all the liberals got elected 5+ years ago. They got elected by promising to legalize weed, which they followed through on.

Maybe you should move back where you came from then... Feel free to take a californian and a texan with you on your way home.

I was born in Boulder. I feel the pain. Living in what used to be a more rural area but the suburban sprawl is slowly advancing. Seriously considering moving. Really sucks, state has awesome qualities.
Pawnee sportsman's center and Colorado Rifle Club are the only 2 1,000 ranges as far as I know. There may be 1 or 2 down by Colorado Springs but not sure.

I was born in Boulder. I feel the pain. Living in what used to be a more rural area but the suburban sprawl is slowly advancing. Seriously considering moving. Really sucks, state has awesome qualities.
Pawnee sportsman's center and Colorado Rifle Club are the only 2 1,000 ranges as far as I know. There may be 1 or 2 down by Colorado Springs but not sure.

without a doubt a beautiful state, I lived here for a while when I was younger and it was completely different.
I have been considering running up near Larime and finding a place to shoot up there.

How is ATACR glass compared to S&B PMII? I know glass quality is subjective, but I want to know, if I'm upgrading to a high-quality optic, which should I pick if basing on glass? It's not the ONLY trait I'm interested in here, but if the ATACR isn't much better, noticably than my Cronus, I will lean towards S&B. Never looked through a NF.

As far as CO, I lived near Golden for 10 years, love the mountains, hate the politics. I shot at CRC and there is a DOW range near Buena Vista with steel all over the place to 1k+, free and open year-round. Moved back east right before the weed went legal.

How is ATACR glass compared to S&B PMII?
It's pretty darn good! Way, way, way better than the old NSX scopes. I think it is right on par with S&B for sure and better than some examples. I have noticed that S&B scopes can vary a lot from scope to scope. I have looked through some mediocre Schmidts and some excellent ones.

I just got a call from my dealer saying I should have it in my hands next week!

It's pretty darn good! Way, way, way better than the old NSX scopes. I think it is right on par with S&B for sure and better than some examples. I have noticed that S&B scopes can vary a lot from scope to scope. I have looked through some mediocre Schmidts and some excellent ones.

I have a 5-25 PMII. The NF gives nothing up to it. I am replacing the Bender with this on my AI AT. Although glass is last on my list

No one seems to know why they continue to be delayed

I'd put my money on them waiting for parts whether it's the reticles themselves or other parts for the optic to build the production run. Companies usually don't put this info out to customer and it's usually not because of anything bad, just because it will do no good and if there happens to be another delay out of their control they have a pissed off customer because people are unreasonable.

If you want an ETA, I'd say you'll receive the optic within a week after the dealer you ordered through receives the proper quantity to work through the preorders before your order. If you don't want to wait then I'm sure that you'll make the person in line behind you very happy.

I dont mind waiting...I just wanted to see if anyone has heard from their dealer

I haven't preordered it as I think there will be plenty to go around and I don't like my money earning interest, however small, for anyone else. I always pay cash to get a discount.

Close enough to the SHOT show now so I might as well wait for that to be over to see if something else is being put out there as well. This scope was supposed to be available in early October. Now the predictions are early December.

I received mine last Friday, so if your dealer was in on the first batch they should be seeing them anytime now. I've got them mounted, but haven't had a chance to get them out in the daylight yet.

I have seen a picture of my box, just waiting on shipping, I really hope it gets here Friday.

EuroOptic still knows nothing about when they will be seeing them. Let us know how you like it when it gets to you.

Just came in this morning

Attachments

• photo80477.jpg
    photo80477.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 12
  • photo80478.jpg
    photo80478.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 13
Mine is in as well. Will have it next week.

I’ve used my bud’s 7-35 and I found the turrets really nice. The feel is different from the S&B (non MTC) but I don’t know if it is better or worse.

I’ll tell you one thing though. The way the gradations are laid out on the turret excels over S&B. It is always easy to know exactly where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll tell you one thing though. The way the gradations are laid out on the turret excels over S&B. It is always easy to know exactly where you are.

Do the 5-25x & 7-35x have the same gradations? I have a 5-25x on the way...my first NF! Just curious. Thanks.

Do the 5-25x & 7-35x have the same gradations? I have a 5-25x on the way...my first NF! Just curious. Thanks.

Yes, same layout and feel on the 5-25 as the 7-35. I've had both now and actually prefer the 7-35. It's a more versatile scope in my opinion.

Any initial thoughts on the reticle from you guys that got it? I have one with the Mil-r but thinking about swapping it out.

Any initial thoughts on the reticle from you guys that got it? I have one with the Mil-r but thinking about swapping it out.

what little time I’ve had to play with it I really like the reticle, it does get pretty thick at 35x but that’s to be expected.

I have the 25x version and think it's the best reticle out there at the moment unless you want a tree. If you want a tree style, the MR4 is it. They are very similar to each other. The graduations are easier to navigate on the NF though in my opinion. I also think the NF is a touch thicker which is nice, the Minox could be a little on the thin side at times. I took one look through the NF when it arrived and immediately decided to sell my Minox and AMG for a second NF. That was just looking through it holding it in my hands. The second (and third) ones aren't here yet but the limited time I've had behind the first one has been awesome. Checks all the boxes for me, the other two checked most boxes but not all like this one does.

This pretty much confirms I need to switch to the mil-c from my Mil-r. Do any of you guys have any idea how much a reticle swap is from NF? I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to have them swap it vs me selling my 7-35 and buying a mil-c.

If any of you used a hide dealer would you mind sending me a PM with what retailer add who you spoke to and if you don't mind also how much you paid just to get an idea of what I'm looking at price wise. Thanks

This pretty much confirms I need to switch to the mil-c from my Mil-r. Do any of you guys have any idea how much a reticle swap is from NF? I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to have them swap it vs me selling my 7-35 and buying a mil-c.

If any of you used a hide dealer would you mind sending me a PM with what retailer add who you spoke to and if you don't mind also how much you paid just to get an idea of what I'm looking at price wise. Thanks

PM sent

Honestly, if I already had a Mil-R 7-35 I probably wouldn't mess around with swapping it out for a Mil-C. The Mil-R is a very useful reticle once you get to know it. That being said, the Mil-C is superior and I'd go that route if buying a new scope without a doubt.

Scope arrived today. My other rifle is at the shop for a re-barrel. So I can't comment on tracking. The reticle is the best one Nightforce currently has IMO. The open dot is nice. The 0.2 MIL increments are great. At 7x it's a bit small... or at least hard to see the main axis because the numbers and stadia get crowded. At 35X the lines are a bit thick. My other scope is a Tangent Theta with Gen 2 XR. And I find the sizing of that reticle pretty good. But maybe it's just because I've been using that scope for two years or so.

Clarity is better on the TT.
Contrast is better on the TT.
Sharpness is better on the TT.
Ability to see through haze is easier on the TT. Looking out west right now at 3:45pm in San Francisco, the TT picks up more color and detail than the Nightforce.
Looking east, I can read license plates in a dark parking garage on the TT. I can juuuuuust make out the same plate numbers on the Nightforce.

Parallax goes a bit closer on the Nightforce. I can focus it on something across the street. The TT is out of focus that close, with parallax set to minimum. I've never needed to focus on something closer than 100 yards though. But maybe someone wants to do that for some reason.

All the knobs are a bit smoother and looser on the Nightforce. I can turn everything with thumb/finger. TT is stiff everywhere. Takes effort to turn. But not an issue.

I like the capped windage. I rarely dial. I typically hold.

Setting the ocular diopter is a bit easier on the Nightforce since it has finer adjustment, TT has coarser adjustment. So it's easy to overshoot your perfect focus on the TT. Locking ring on the Nightforce is nicer. On the TT, if you try to tighten the lock ring down it can sometimes turn the diopter and you gotta start over. But that's a trivial thing. Once it's set, you forget it.

Turrets are without a doubt better on the TT. The turrets on the Nightforce are surprisingly numb. Turrets on a Vortex Razor HD II are better than this scope. But I suppose they get the job done. But in terms of turret feel, I have yet to find anything better than TT. But hey... as long as you can get your DOPE dialed I guess it doesn't matter.

Setting the zero is faster and easier on the TT. I can set the zero/zero stop in 10 or 15 seconds on the TT. Nightforce looks like I'll need an allen wrench and fiddling with multiple screws and cams.

In the hand, the TT feels like a higher-quality product. But Nightforce scope seems high-quality, it's just TT feels like another level.

Eyebox is easier to get behind on the TT. At any power. Not just max power.

Nightforce scope is as bit lighter and a bit shorter. Which is nice.

I'm not a fan of the translating turrets on the Nightforce (i.e. they move up and down when you rotate them.). The TT's turrets do not unscrew away from the body of the scope when you turn them. It has a little pin that pops out to indicate revolution.

I'm also not a fan of the eyepiece cover rotating with the mag ring. It causes (or will cause, when it's mounted) the scope cap to hit the rifle stock. And if you rotate it such that the cap (when open) is at 3:00 (or 9:00 for lefties), it will interfere with your hand and/or bolt when the bolt is cycled. I guess you can just remove the cap. But that sort of defeats the purpose. You can also rotate the cap but that seems like it would get annoying to have to reach up and spin it around every time you adjust the magnification.

Anyway... seems like a good scope. I'll give it a try when I get the rifle back. The reticle is nice. But having two TT scopes right now, I'm not sure I'll need this one. Just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Might be cool to be able to go to 35x. Optically, the Tangent Theta is better. In my opinion, obviously.

Is the TT worth another $1,000 or so? Hmmm... to me, yes. The reticle gets the job done. If the TT had 0.2 MIL increments it would be fantastic. Add an open center dot and it'd be perfect. 35x isn't something I necessarily need. But we shall see when I get out on a range.

Last edited:
Any pics through the scope with the Mil C? I know it won't do it justice but I just love those kinds of pics.

Personally, I like the 7-35 over my S&B 5-25. The MIL-C reticle is better than the Gen II XR on my Schmidt and I liked that reticle better than anything else that S&B offered. I think image details and contrast are about equivalent to the S&B. I really like the turrets though. They are definitely easier to move than the DT turrets on the S&B which worried me at first but after dialing up and down, I really think they are just better than the S&B DT turrets in all areas; especially, visibility.

The one area that I think could improve on the NF is the ZS setup. It is definitely more complex than the S&B and others. The fact you need a Torx 6 and a strong suggestion to use a torque wrench is a bit dated. The one benefit it has is that you can set your ZS wherever you want it below your zero. I still think the Vortex has the slickest zero adjust on the market. Yes I know about TT but tool-less is not a biggie for me and I can't rationalize $4.5K on a 5-25.

The one area that is a bit more difficult with the NF against my S&B, Khales and USO scopes is the diopter setting and parallax. Most of my scopes have a fairly limited range where the reticle focus is super sharp. Doesn't take long to get there and the scope parallax is always parallax free at that point. This NF has a really long range of settings where the reticle appears to be perfectly sharp. However, the parallax is not eliminated. I am still screwing with that. Got most of the way there on Saturday but I don't think I am home free. I am going to use the white towel over the objective approach so I can pay with the diopter at home. Would like to ask any of the more experienced NF ATACR guys on the site if they are having this same issue. I used to have a 4-16x42 ATACR F1 and I don't believe it was this touchy.

I observed the same thing re parallax/diopter/image focus in my 5-25 ATACR.

Btw, save the towel for your shower. Go inside a dark room, turn on the illumination, and focus your diopter on the reticle.

If that works, it's a fantastic idea and probably a life saver for me. I've become more aware of diopter focus here lately and I swear my eyes are screwed up because I've had difficulty setting it on a few scopes. I have two of the 5-25s now and noticed they are close but not exactly the same diopter settings on them. Even doing them both at the same time.

also, the little shooting I did Saturday I noticed that at 9xx yds, I would be in focus at around 300 yd marker then back out of focus till I was up at the 900 yd mark where you would expect. Thought that was interesting. I also think from that little bit of time behind them that the NF glass is not as bright as the AMG glass or the Minox and doesn't resolve quite as well. I'll have to open more time behind them in varying conditions to be sure though. May have been a haze out there that day.