• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes NF ARMY SPEC F1 Special Release

Re: NF ARMY SPEC F1 Special Release

So how do these compare with the Counter Sniper US Army overrun scope?

(I couldn't resist :) )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Decisions-decision...F1 Army or F1 MLR2? </div></div>

Thats a tough one </div></div>

Not really. If you are going to collect it, get the Army spec. If you are going to use it, get the MLR2. Mine just arrived and I am impressed with the charges they've made. </div></div>

What changes have you noticed they made; other than the packaging, labeling, and owners manual?

I'm curious as to what makes these more durable than the standard F1.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 468shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Decisions-decision...F1 Army or F1 MLR2? </div></div>

Thats a tough one </div></div>

Not really. If you are going to collect it, get the Army spec. If you are going to use it, get the MLR2. Mine just arrived and I am impressed with the charges they've made. </div></div>

What changes have you noticed they made; other than the packaging, labeling, and owners manual?

I'm curious as to what makes these more durable than the standard F1.

Thanks.

</div></div>

Let me clarify my statement. I just received my F1 with an MLR2 reticle. The improvements on the MLR2 vs the MLR are the more distinctive mil line that can be seen more easily at lower power. As for the Army version, I do not own one. It was mentioned that some of the parts are permanently bonded during assembly, removing the option of reticle changes should you want something different.

I misunderstood and thought you had received a mil-spec model. Thanks for the clarification and info.

Been in a desk job too long... Which Army system is the Nightforce being fielded with? Is this strictly a unit-procured variance?

All the M14/M21/M24/XM2010/M107 are Lupy (though I see alot of NF on the 107s and some variances with the different SF groups).

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CubeWarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been in a desk job too long... Which Army system is the Nightforce being fielded with? Is this strictly a unit-procured variance?

All the M14/M21/M24/XM2010/M107 are Lupy (though I see alot of NF on the 107s and some variances with the different SF groups).

Thanks
</div></div>

This scope is standard on the Mark 13 Mod 5 300 Win Mag SWS, which is exclusive to SOF.

There are better reticle choices I agree but the mil-dot is simple, clean and easy to use. The cool factor definitely comes into play on this setup but again these are built to be extra tough, soldier proof if you will. So that has to count for something considering how tough they already are.

Guys,

A whole lot of questions are coming up regarding this scope, both here and in private so here is what I have.

NF sent me the PDF that explains it, so here is the details of how they explain the Mil Spec Process :

NOMENCLATURE
MIL-SPEC is engraved on the bottom of the
ri escope saddle and on the side parallax
adjustment.

ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING

All MIL-SPEC ri escopes endure an external
pressurization test of 40 psi “gauge pressure,”
simulating a depth of 100 feet, to con rm that
they exceed current U.S. military speci cation
requirements by up to 25%.

All MIL-SPEC ri escopes are tested again to
guarantee that they are airtight. This is veri ed by a
secondary external pressure test of 125 psi “gauge
pressure” to simulate a depth of approximately 300
feet. This testing is critical to ensure the integrity of
the internal components against the e ects of rapid
temperature and pressure uctuations encountered
by HALO (High Altitude, Low Opening)-type
troop insertions.

All MIL-SPEC riflescopes undergo twice the amount
of impact testing of a commercial NXS ri escope
to ensure they can withstand abuse from the
battle eld.

All MIL-SPEC ri escopes are 100% inspected both
before and after environmental testing procedures
to ensure consistency, repeatability, and to prove the
integrity of the product at every stage.

MANUFACTURING PROCESS

Mechanical components on all MIL-SPEC ri escopes
are assembled in a permanent fashion to maintain
product integrity when exposed to extreme shock
and high frequency vibrations, such as full auto- re
and explosive environments such as I.E.D. attacks.
All optical elements are bedded in a proprietary
Mil-Spec bonding agent (no glass-to-metal contact).
Tracking accuracy, reticle tilt, maximum adjustment
range, between-power deviation and adjustment
backlash are all of higher standards on a MIL-SPEC
ri escope. They exceed the strict speci cations
of our commercial NXS product line, and are
held to tolerances unmatched by any other
scope manufacturer.

OPTICAL QUALITY & PERFORMANCE

All MIL-SPEC ri escopes
are built using only
the best optical elements chosen from each lot
received from our lens element suppliers.

All air-to-glass surfaces receive our proprietary
broadband multi-coating, exceeding the toughest
MILSPEC abrasion test.

Resolution, contrast, color correction and reticle
sub tension are maintained at levels up to 5% higher
than our commercial products.

MIL-SPEC Compact models 1-4x24, 2.5-10x24,
and 2.5-10x32 have illumination settings that allow
compatibility with Night Vision Devices (NVD).

Understand that on any given day even NF employees cannot buy the Mil Spec version of their scopes, so this is really about getting a military issued product and not just a NF with the added engraving on it. The fact these are the same price as the regular NXS is neither here nor there, as once these are gone they are no longer available. The reticle is a standard Mil Dot type but that is the what the Spec calls for, and is not to be confused with getting an MLR2 in an NXS Model... sure it's the same price but not the same product.

As I understand it, even the guys at NF are buying some of these now because you won't see them later. I know I grabbed two for myself.

Definitely a rare opportunity; ashame that the NAV-SPEC 2.5-10x24 weren't made available for the public!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely a rare opportunity; ashame that the NAV-SPEC 2.5-10x24 weren't made available for the public! </div></div>

Damn straight...I'd absolutely love the chance to own that particular optic.

I got my two from CS Tactical! Can't wait for them to show up.

Got mine today. Nice scope. Don't give a damn about the Army spec crap though.
Just so happened to be what I wanted anyhow. Good timing is all.

After much internal debate, I just ordered mine from Chris at www.SportOptics.com - After-all my 40X needs glass.

I believe this will be one of my best impulse buys yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After much internal debate, I just ordered mine from Chris at www.SportOptics.com - After-all my 40X needs glass.

I believe this will be one of my best impulse buys yet. </div></div>

My best impulse buy involved 3 hookers, a golf club, a midget and an 8 ball of cocaine.

It's all I can do not to order another from sport optics. Mine arrives tomorrow. Shooting with it Saturday. This should be good. I was glad to get the specs on the MIL SPEC details. Thanks for posting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After much internal debate, I just ordered mine from Chris at www.SportOptics.com - After-all my 40X needs glass.

I believe this will be one of my best impulse buys yet. </div></div>

My best impulse buy involved 3 hookers, a golf club, a midget and an 8 ball of cocaine. </div></div>

Haha - You know how to party..

This is a really cool opportunity...What to sell to fund this...

Possibly a stupid question, but are the reticles on these Illuminated?

Great! Thanks! I actually say the whole set up (the new army sniper rifle with this optic) in 2008 in Iraq. I was on a MiTT and the Iraqi BN we were working with had a scout section that was working with an ODA, we went ot their place for an AAR once and there it was. If I remember right it was in an AICS Chassis at the time, not the remington chassis. Pretty cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chittnp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great! Thanks! I actually say the whole set up (the new army sniper rifle with this optic) in 2008 in Iraq. I was on a MiTT and the Iraqi BN we were working with had a scout section that was working with an ODA, we went ot their place for an AAR once and there it was. If I remember right it was in an AICS Chassis at the time, not the remington chassis. Pretty cool. </div></div>

That was a Mark 13 Mod 5, which is a different weapon from the new Army XM2010 300 Win Mag rifle. Same action, most everything else is different to include the barrel and suppressor.

We have some that our Nightforce rep says will be shipping next week that are not sold if anyone is interested. I am snagging one for myself. Much prefer the standard Mil Dot to the new F-1 reticles.

Marshall

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine today. Nice scope. Don't give a damn about the Army spec crap though.
Just so happened to be what I wanted anyhow. Good timing is all. </div></div>

if you joined the army, you could have had the opportunity to play with one for free :p

Ok -- I'm in line for a few from NF in the next batch.

Let me know if I can be of any help -- great Christmas gift to yourself!

Kevin
[email protected]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nightforce C154 NXS Military-Specific 3.5-15x50mm Riflescopes Mil-DOT</span>

Link to NF MIL-SPEC NXS 3.5-15x50mm

ARMY_MIL_Spec_3__4ee6f2e49d800.jpg

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now they need to release the 2.5-10x24's !! </div></div>

THIS...please NF:)

I just received mine today - I cannot wait to get it out to the range.!

I understand the glass in these is supposed to be better than the commercial F1's. Can someone with one of these give me your opinion?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand the glass in these is supposed to be better than the commercial F1's. Can someone with one of these give me your opinion? </div></div>
Pretty sure it is the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand the glass in these is supposed to be better than the commercial F1's. Can someone
with one of these give me your opinion? </div></div>
Many western military optics (Zeiss, Hensoldt) are protected against laser. This coating causes slightly yellow picture. Not sure if US military uses protection as mil standard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Not really, they are pretty much a permanent build, meaning they cannot be upgraded, changed or retrofit due to the mil spec construction. They are bulletproof...
</div></div>
Old trick seems to still work. Some soviet era optics were glued together as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cds7221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

noticed that we had some sneak in here. we covered all the back orders and still have 4 left.
</div></div>

What did you do to lure them in? I want some to sneak in over here at my place.

Thanks for all the info on the Mil Scope.

I just have to get one...

Just unpacked mine, and found one thing very curious: the sheet in the package which addressed the reticle shows all but two of the values in MOA instead of the expected MILS. For example the obviously after the fact and ‘not to scale’ sheet shows the hollow dot dimensions in MOA’s (0.85943775 & 0.25) as well as the dot spacing as 3.43775 MOA. When I went to the web site I couldn’t find a breakdown of the lines & dots there either. It sure would be nice to be able to find a chart which shows the dot & line dimensions in MILS, so more precise reticle ranging could be practiced. Anyone have a link which shows this?

Cheers.

DC

Follow up to the post above: Bill at Nightforce told me where to find the MIL based reticle specs on the Nightforce web site: If you drill in through the LIBRARY/CATALOG Link to the 'Nightforce Reticle Manual' there is a picture of the reticle with the dimensions (in MILS) shown on the pages 16 & 17. The only discrepancy I could find was the picture shows a center dot, and the ARMY SPEC reticle does not have the dots in the center of each MIL circle.
DC

Since this is an itar optic here is an itar question. I understand you can't export these but can they be taken into Canada at all and if so do you need to fill out any special paperwork? Thinking about going hunting and using this optic on my hunting rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since this is an itar optic here is an itar question. I understand you can't export these but can they be taken into Canada at all and if so do you need to fill out any special paperwork? Thinking about going hunting and using this optic on my hunting rig. </div></div>

If the optic is taken outside of the U.S. without proper licensing, you will be in violation if you are caught.

The DSP-73 is the proper form that needs to be submitted for temporary export of ITAR product. It can be found on the DDTC website.

Something is decidedly screwy with the reticle data sheet which comes with this scope. First, most of the values are in MOA, which doesn’t make any sense for a MIL/MIL scope, 2nd the values are expressed to a ridiculous degree of precision: down to five places past the decimal point. It seems pretty clear that whoever put this together has never used a MIL dot scope to range anything, and it is surprising that the folks at Nightforce would let something this silly out the door with a MILSPEC product. There is at least one ‘gross error’ on the page: it shows the same value [17.18875moa] for two obviously different dimensions. Another thing: this is a different reticle than the composite depicted in the Nightforce ‘Reticle Information’ booklet they sent me after my 1st WTF? call.

It sure would be nice if someone at Nightforce who understands how this reticle is used would put together a summary of the reticle (in MILS, to 2 decimal places, thank you!) and make it available to those of us who actually intend to use this scope.
Cheers,
DC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im about to order one of these....is the reticle illuminated??
</div></div>

Yes, all NF scopes are illuminated.