• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF ARMY SPEC F1 Special Release

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Attention Sniper's Hide</span>

Nightforce Optics is releasing a limited number of the Army Spec F1 scopes to the public !

These optics are a military contract overrun for the ARMY and are marked Army-Spec on the bottom of the saddle.
    F1ARMYSPECbottom.jpg

F1ARMY-SPEC.jpg

We will be letting less than 200 pieces go to the commercial market and many of the dealers that you have as sponsors on the <span style="text-decoration: underline">HIDE</span> will be selling them. I am trying to get you the first opportunity to say anything on these. In some cases a fast <span style="text-decoration: underline">HIDE</span> member may beat the information to the order taker. The optics are going out in batches, not all at one time so we will be able to refresh your post when the next shipment goes out. The first lot will be in the dealers possession next week. Not sure just how many are shipping on first lot at this point.

F1ARMYSPEC.jpg

Adjustments are .1 Milradian with ZEROSTOP.
    These scopes carry a 10 year warranty as is normal for MIL-Spec items.
    Optics will come in the new Mil-Spec packaging and will have the new Mil-Spec owner’s manual.
    DSC00016.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">NO CONVERSION OR ALTERATIONS</span> will be performed on any of these optics. Due to the semi-permanent construction of the MIL-Spec Optic, any type of alteration is a major undertaking.

<span style="font-weight: bold">ITAR Warning</span>
    These Optics are regulated by the US State department as ITAR items. Dealers are required to let the consumer know and a notification of the ITAR restriction will be in the box will also be in the box.
    ITAR_Certificate.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">See the Nightforce Dealers found on Sniper's Hide.</span>

Re: NF ARMY SPEC F1 Special Release

Sweet! we will have 10 available for shipment next week. This would be great for someone building a reproduction m24. you even have to have a itar card signed. give me or chris a call to get on the list if you want one

Can you post a summary of the differences between these scopes and the regular commercial ones?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which reticle?

Can you post a summary of the differences between these scopes and commercial ones? </div></div>

Not really, they are pretty much a permanent build, meaning they cannot be upgraded, changed or retrofit due to the mil spec construction. They are bulletproof...

Same Hi Speed 10 Mil Per Turn Turrets, Mil Dot Reticle, FFP, etc... the difference is a bit in the construction.

We will be getting a few also.

They are a MIL contracted scopes so they will have the MIL-DOT in them. MAKE NOTE you will not be able to have the RET changed out.

This is a very rare opportunity. They come the way you see them above. NICE photos Frank.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    They are bulletproof...
    </div></div>

Are you going to do a video review to demostrate this?
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to split hairs but is it a traditional mildot (solid) or the NF version thats open inside the dots?</div></div>

+1 to this, I am very interested, what is the price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Decisions-decision...F1 Army or F1 MLR2? </div></div>

Thats a tough one

Mil spec, Army marked, or not, there are better options out there than the traditional Mildot.

tabs are backwards

PH
    SF
    RGR
    SPR
    ABN

but thats a bad ass scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjrgr21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tabs are backwards

PH
    SF
    RGR
    SPR
    ABN

</div></div>

I was in the USMC, I know nothing of TABs, sorry... LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in the USMC, I know nothing of TABs, sorry... LOL
    </div></div>

Frank the tabs were a nice touch. The scopes like any of the nightforce products should be a good one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Getting one for yourself Frank?</div></div>

I already have one, but yes, I am getting another.

I had to have one to take the pictures...

Ok. I'll drink the cool aid.

I give a rats ass about the army contract stuff. But that has the options I want.

So if there is a dealer that will have them why don't you drop me a PM with price info and we'll get this going.

How much are they? Or is this like if you have to ask you can't afford it type thing?

i was just being a picky dick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Decisions-decision...F1 Army or F1 MLR2? </div></div>

Thats a tough one </div></div>

I'm in the same boat...

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Decisions-decision...F1 Army or F1 MLR2? </div></div>

Not really. If you are going to collect it, get the Army spec. If you are going to use it, get the MLR2. Mine just arrived and I am impressed with the charges they've made.

I'm going to mess that up. I'm getting it and using the piss out of it.

Just talked to Jay and they ship next week.

Boy I'm sure glad I got rid of the wife. The new girlfriend knows to keep her yapper
    shut or her ass is next on the chopping block. hahahahaha

I wish these were anyting but mildot, I'd buy one just because you can't find F1's anywhere right now. I just can't talk myself into a regular mildot just because I'm impatient and dont want to wait. I'd prefer MLR2 or MD2 but even if this was MLR I'd buy it. Why on earth would the army use mildot when there are such better reticles and don't cost any more? Who's making the decisions? Not like they would have to retrain for a new reticle system.

I'm curious what rifles the army is using these on...

I'm very tempted but I've finally got the money together for the new tan S&B with locking turrets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm very tempted but I've finally got the money together for the new tan S&B </div></div>

man honestly, get a normal s&b and get it coated with your rifle, cheaper and guaranteed to match :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are used on Mk11s and Mk13s as someone noted above.

</div></div>

Veddy nice. Thanks for the info.

Reading > Me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjrgr21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tabs are backwards
    PH
    SF
    RGR
    SPR
    ABN
    </div></div> I was in the USMC, I know nothing of TABs, sorry... LOL </div></div>For me, TAB used to be a Cola and now it's a suppressor cover.
    grin.gif

Mine will be here Monday. What are the build differences to make it more "bulletproof"?

M.A.P. (minim advertised price) = is $2290.00. If we can be of help let me us know.

I'm looking forward to mounting one up for myself.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Decisions-decision...F1 Army or F1 MLR2? </div></div>

Not really. If you are going to collect it, get the Army spec. If you are going to use it, get the MLR2. Mine just arrived and I am impressed with the charges they've made. </div></div>

Why do you have to collect it? They aren't made to be mantle pieces.... use the crap out of it like any other NF product.

* I'm down, I need another F1 for an incoming project and these seem readily available. Someone PM me a price!!! Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hookman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Decisions-decision...F1 Army or F1 MLR2? </div></div>

Not really. If you are going to collect it, get the Army spec. If you are going to use it, get the MLR2. Mine just arrived and I am impressed with the charges they've made. </div></div>

Why do you have to collect it? They aren't made to be mantle pieces.... use the crap out of it like any other NF product.

* I'm down, I need another F1 for an incoming project and these seem readily available. Someone PM me a price!!! Thanks </div></div>

You don't have to. There are, IMHO better reticle choices other than the mil dot. The only appeal to this scope to me is the fact it is marked Army spec and that would give it some collectability in the future.

I would not buy a scope as a collector piece either, the main factors for me are the reticle, power range and quality. There is definitely a "cool" factor of the Army F1 but the MilDot reticle is not my preference. I love a Gen 2 MD and MLR 2.0