• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NF Beast vs S&B

TexasMade

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Now that a few people have the beast I would like to know from the people who have first hand experience with both models (Beast and PM2) which they rather have on their rifle. I just bought a Schmidt and bender and love the glass and everything but I sure like the NF reticle more. Does anyone know how thin of reticle the nightforce beast has vs the S&B 5x25 P4Fine? Thanks.

The mil-r is thicker, but not substantially. The mil-r allows more precise holds for wind but it is not very intuitive so you need to spend some time shooting it to become "second nature"

I have both and it's a wash really. My eyes can't tell much of a difference between the two glass-wise but others at the range this past weekend (first time out with both at distance) said they preferred the look of the S&B by a TINY margin. They both have passed box tests and are nice. I don't regret either nor will I be selling/trading them (unless a P4F guy wants to trade for a P4F-MOA straight up).

My main gripes about the NF are:
1- No yardage markers on the parallax knob (no biggie)
2- Elevation turret is in .2mil and the windage in .1mil. (no biggie- I watch my turrets)

I also have both and glass wise is very close. I like the turrets better on the beast(don't mind the size) and like the h2cmr that is in my pm2 better than any other reticle made. So really a wash for me but ID say slight edge to the bender. Yardage markers on parallax are totally pointless as everyone's eyes are different.