• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes NF NX8 x20 vs x32?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Has anyone compared the NX8 2.5-20 vs the 4-32? Dimensionally theyre quite close so wondering what the x32 gives up optically to the x20 at higher mag ranges.

thanks

Has anyone compared the NX8 2.5-20 vs the 4-32? Dimensionally theyre quite close so wondering what the x32 gives up optically to the x20 at higher mag ranges.

thanks

In our experience the 4-32 has a better IQ than the 2.5-20 with the models we actually tested. So much so one of the guys at the shop changed from the 20 to the 32 for his lightweight hunting rig.

No photo description available.

I've also compared them and agree with Mike (if that's Mike posting above).

I'm not a fan of the glass in the 20x. It seems to suffer some detriments that the 32x does not. The 32x I looked at did drop off a bit as you got close to max magnification, but I still thought it a better option than the 20x.

Reactions: CSTactical
    I've also compared them and agree with Mike (if that's Mike posting above).

I'm not a fan of the glass in the 20x. It seems to suffer some detriments that the 32x does not. The 32x I looked at did drop off a bit as you got close to max magnification, but I still thought it a better option than the 20x.

Mike usually will sign his name at the bottom of the post, typically it's myself Richard or Dan :)

Reactions: kai24
    I’ve asked this question before and really haven’t gotten an answer. What would the comparison between a vortex AMG and the NX8 4-32 be optically. Obviously not the exact same power range, but both are comparable for lighter weight hunting optics. I’ve had the AMG and I’m probably gonna order the nx8 but would like to get opinions on wether or not it’s a step up, down or pretty much equal optically.

I’ve asked this question before and really haven’t gotten an answer. What would the comparison between a vortex AMG and the NX8 4-32 be optically. Obviously not the exact same power range, but both are comparable for lighter weight hunting optics. I’ve had the AMG and I’m probably gonna order the nx8 but would like to get opinions on wether or not it’s a step up, down or pretty much equal optically.
    These are the 2 scopes im considering as well. So if anyone has done a head-to-head, id appreciate any feedback. Ive always been an NF fanboy since they did there discuss throw/hammer torture test

Tagged in too. I currently have an AMG that I use for hunting, and am also curious how the NX8 32x compares. I loved my Atacr 4-16, so I have high hopes that the NX8 will be a decent option for my next hunting rifle?

I'm also curious how the 32x compares to the MK5 25x if anyone has played with both

I’ve spent quite a bit of time behind the mk5 5-25 and the AMG and I prefer the glass on the mk5, it seems “brighter” and less tunneled at lower power to me. But the mark 5 has a bigger objective. It seemed more competitive with my ATACR and 624i optically. I just don’t have the nx8 experience to compare to.

I was able to compare the NX8 2.5-20 and an AMG (as well as some S&B, ATACR). IMO the AMG glass was superior. Brighter and better resolution.

Reactions: Wyzrd and codym
    I have finally had a brief look at the 4-32x50 NX8 and I liked it a lot more than the 2.5-20x.

I'll need to do a thorough test at some point.

Ilya
    Have you been able to compare the x32 to the AMG as well? Ive seen enough of your reveiws to trust when you say one is better/worse/same level.

I had both an AMG and NX8 4-32 at the same time.
    I don't like Xmas trees in my scope, and probably would have never bought the NX8 if I didn't hate the AMG reticle clutter (just my opinion, many seem to love them).
    At 24 power on both scopes, couldn't really call a winner optically, so image quality.....I would call a tie.
    The extra power up to 32x is nice...win to NX8.....BUT you get very slight distortion around the very outside edge of the view at the higher power, but I never shoot anything with the edge, so it doesn't matter to me.
    4x vs. 6x on the low end is pretty worthless to me, but it's still another win to the NX8.
    11 yard parallax on the NX8 vs. 25 on the AMG was a win for me as it's on a V22.
    Downside and a bad loss (IMO) for the NX8 is the very inconsistent parallax adjustment, you set the knob to be parallax free at 50 yards one time, bring the gun out the next day (or even 1 hour later) and 50 yards might be a 1/4 turn more or less on the dial.... I also have an ATACR 7-35 that does the exact same thing (this seems to be a common gripe with the NF's)....the AMG was very consistent, no problems at all.
    I still have the NX8, but just bought a 5-40x56 March that I hope will be the perfect scope on my V22.....we'll see.
    If you don't mind adjusting parallax , I think the NX8 4-32 is the clear winner over the AMG.
    If you like the ATACR 7-35, I think the NX8 4-32 is very, very close for a lot less money...enough that I would never buy an ATACR after comparing them side by side over many days in differing conditions.

Last edited:
    I had both an AMG and NX8 4-32 at the same time.
    I don't like Xmas trees in my scope, and probably would have never bought the NX8 if I didn't hate the AMG reticle clutter (just my opinion, many seem to love them).
    At 24 power on both scopes, couldn't really call a winner optically, so image quality.....I would call a tie.
    The extra power up to 32x is nice...win to NX8.....BUT you get very slight distortion around the very outside edge of the view at the higher power, but I never shoot anything with the edge, so it doesn't matter to me.
    4x vs. 6x on the low end is pretty worthless to me, but it's still another win to the NX8.
    11 yard parallax on the NX8 vs. 25 on the AMG was a win for me as it's on a V22.
    Downside and a bad loss (IMO) for the NX8 is the very inconsistent parallax adjustment, you set the knob to be parallax free at 50 yards one time, bring the gun out the next day (or even 1 hour later) and 50 yards might be a 1/4 turn more or less on the dial.... I also have an ATACR 7-35 that does the exact same thing (this seems to be a common gripe with the NF's)....the AMG was very consistent, no problems at all.
    I still have the NX8, but just bought a 5-40x56 March that I hope will be the perfect scope on my V22.....we'll see.
    If you don't mind adjusting parallax , I think the NX8 4-32 is the clear winner over the AMG.
    If you like the ATACR 7-35, I think the NX8 4-32 is very, very close for a lot less money...enough that I would never buy an ATACR after comparing them side by side over many days in differing conditions.

I've heard this about weird changes in parallax setting for recent Nightforce scopes and I am a little perplexed by it. It is not clear what causes it. Are there significant temperature changes when you see this parallax shift?

ILya

I've heard this about weird changes in parallax setting for recent Nightforce scopes and I am a little perplexed by it. It is not clear what causes it. Are there significant temperature changes when you see this parallax shift?

ILya

No, I've literally went in to eat lunch, came out an hour later and had to change parallax from 700 yards on the dial to 200 yards (when actually shooting a measured 400 yards) on the ATACR 7-35.
    It was around noonish so the sun changed a little. I was shooting very reflective white steel.

Bumping this thread. I've got analysis paralysis for a scope on a lightweight hunter that gets a lot of mileage during the off season and the 4-32 is on the list (albeit a little low). Any other users' experience the floating parallax issue? How forgiving is the eyebox and DoF? I've read some statements about questionable optics quality...but then again I read them on the internet soooo ?‍♂️

Once I see what is truly shipping after Shot I'll be looking to grab an optic. Any additional info on the 4-32 would be greatly appreciated!

Bringing back the thread, appears the 4-32 is superior but seeing if theres any more field experience out there

I was about to pull the trigger on the NX8 4-32 until the parallax comments appeared to be getting posted frequently, but really don't want to spend a $1000 more for the ATACR. My budget is really only $2000 and for me that's a boat load of money to scrounge up at one time. I know you get what you pay for most of the time but is there really a $1000 difference ?? That's alot of ammo,just sayin'. I Want to use scope for PSR. Flame away - Thanks

I was about to pull the trigger on the NX8 4-32 until the parallax comments appeared to be getting posted frequently, but really don't want to spend a $1000 more for the ATACR. My budget is really only $2000 and for me that's a boat load of money to scrounge up at one time. I know you get what you pay for most of the time but is there really a $1000 difference ?? That's alot of ammo,just sayin'. I Want to use scope for PSR. Flame away - Thanks

Lots of great scopes in the 2k price point.

My buddy has Kahles and it is phenomenal but I cannot use LH windage easily since I have no left eye ! I haven't seen the K525 which I prefer in a standard windage (RH) My poor brain is getting fried !

This spring I was looking at the NSX8 for a PCP air rifle. I had a few friends that said they liked the NSX8 scopes but when probed for more detail refused to respond. The short parallax is critical for my application. As a result I took a pass and bought an Element Nexus. I’ve been happy with my choice.

This spring I was looking at the NSX8 for a PCP air rifle. I had a few friends that said they liked the NSX8 scopes but when probed for more detail refused to respond. The short parallax is critical for my application. As a result I took a pass and bought an Element Nexus. I’ve been happy with my choice.
    The Element Nexus is for sure a value. Love mine. Comes off the same assembly line in Japan and at a much better price.

Same boat