• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors NFA Trust Question

Diver83

Private
Minuteman
May 25, 2011
Hey all,
Long time lurker and new poster here. I am starting the trust route for a few NFA items and had a question on trust setups. Is there any benefits or downsides to putting each item in its own trust versus having one trust with all your items listed? This wouldn't be to create an illegal transfer scheme, but maybe to avoid havingto make one list of NFA items?
Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Re: NFA Trust Question

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

Nowhere in your trust does it need to have a single list of all the items. When you add items to the trust you do it with an assignment page that then becomes part of the trust. So if you add 10 items, one at a time, you could have ten pages as part of your trust each listing an individual item.

What benefit this yields is beyond me. Likewise, what benefit would having 10 trusts for 10 items be? If the NFA Branch sent you a stamp, they know what you have. Trying to hide stuff from a soon-to-be ex-wife maybe lol? If so, good luck. The downside of multiple trusts is over-complication and the consequent increased risk of making errors.

Re: NFA Trust Question

I'm not a lawyer. I think Maine requires it, can't remember the state. No one needs to see your list of NFA items. The ATF knows what you have. The assignment page should only list the item you're submitting for approval, not all NFA items you own.