• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors NFA Trust Schedule B

3bnRanger

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have to start off by bitching at my SOT. They received paperwork from the ATF over a week ago describing the "corrections" that are needed for my suppressor stamp. Thank God I called because apparently they had "misplaced" my contact information! I found this disturbing since a response is needed within 30 days of the pre-filled date of 01/02/12...yes...12! God I hope it was just a misprint!

Why the hell are they sending it to the SOT and not my address?!

Issue #1 - Signer in box 10 is not current responsible person on FFL. WTF! I say to the manager who signed my Form 4! He says, "Mr. Smith I've contacted the NFA branch and corrected the issue."

Issue #2 - Declaration of trust is required, including any attachments mentioned in the trust, Schedule B. The last part is highlighted. I take the blame for that one because sure enough my trust mentions it on page 4 and I didn't include it.

So my question is: Should I send in my Schedule B leaving it blank or should I at least list my wife? This is my first NFA item so my Trust is only "funded" with a $2 bill at the moment. Also do you think my Schedule B format will suffice? I have the following "categories" - Name of Beneficiary: Property Distributed: Quantity and/or Percent:

I guess I should be somewhat thankful since I have a control number and from what I have read this is a minor issue and I should have my stamp relatively quickly after the paperwork is resubmitted.

Re: NFA Trust Schedule B

The BATFE ALWAYS sends the Form 4 to the dealer, not to you, because until they approve the Form 4, THEY are the NFA item owner, not you, so it's up to them to correct the paperwork.