• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors NFA trust

okay, thanks I'll check it out also. I'm wanting to get it done fairly fast so i can get the ball rolling on the wait time.LOL.

Quicken Will maker is what I used. Got it done for free at my class 3 dealer.

okay, I'm not sure if they will do it or not. I have never been to the place that is a dealer here ( close by). I just want my ducks lined up when I walk in the door.

I have the 2014 version of that software. Which module did you use? Does anyone know if the trust portion of this software provide adequate protective language?

A Trust is the best way to do it !
I did mine 3 years ago and anytime I want a new item I just hand them a copy of my trust along with the stamp money and DONE.
No pics, No LE sign off, No fingerprints.

I'm waiting on 3 items now.

:)

I went with the silencer shop one that's on-line. it was easy to fill out. NOW, do I take a copy or the original when buying?

I went with the silencer shop one that's on-line. it was easy to fill out. NOW, do I take a copy or the original when buying?

The original stays at home in the safe. Only copies leave the house. Might as well make several, no way you'll buy just one NFA item once you get started :)

The original stays at home in the safe. Only copies leave the house. Might as well make several, no way you'll buy just one NFA item once you get started :)

yeah, I'm on 4 for first round and looking at a few more for a few months from now. I has never shot a can until last saturday and got to use an osprey 45.. dang...it. now i'm after a 9mm osprey for my glock 26. I like the idea of each can has it's on rifle/pistol..LOL

I went with an attorney named Jim Willi that was recommended on Silencer Shop's website. It was a little more expensive, but it was really fast and took any guess work out of my hands. I definitely recommend him. Solid guy and very thorough. He was also very quick at responding to my questions.

What is the normal dealer to dealer wait time now days? Looks to be 6 months plus on form 4.

9 weeks !!
I had 2 cans separate transactions transferred from ThunderBeast to my dealer on paper form 3 take 27 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 4 cans going from dealer to dealer that was started on Monday. So maybe august I can do the tax stuff and gave them maybe around march..maybe

I had my form 3 done in early May (6th). I was told it would take 4-6 weeks. The can didn't arrive at my sot until the first week in July. My paper form 4 was turned in on the 18th. Maybe I'll have a can by Spring 15.

I went with an attorney named Jim Willi that was recommended on Silencer Shop's website. It was a little more expensive, but it was really fast and took any guess work out of my hands. I definitely recommend him. Solid guy and very thorough. He was also very quick at responding to my questions.

I went with the same attorney. Partly because he's out of Austin TX and was close enough I could have gone to his office if the need arose. It turns out I was paranoid.

Two calls to him with the details about those I included in the trust and an hour or two later I received an email with the Trust attached. Including detailed instructions describing how to (activate or whatever I can't remember the term) the trust as well as add items to it. Also how and when to keep copies of the trust and Tax stamp w the NFA items, it's always, but I didn't know that embarrassingly... Overall real nice guy and worry free and professional service he offers.

Highly highly recommended.

I know Jim Willi - he's a good gun trust attorney. I'd recommend him for all Texas folks looking for an attorney created trust. And so you know, I am a gun trust attorney and have drafted hundreds of gun trusts this year alone. Jim is a good guy and knows his stuff. I hate to say it, but I bet 70% of the attorneys doing gun trusts don't really know what they are doing. Sad but true.

I know Jim Willi - he's a good gun trust attorney. I'd recommend him for all Texas folks looking for an attorney created trust. And so you know, I am a gun trust attorney and have drafted hundreds of gun trusts this year alone. Jim is a good guy and knows his stuff. I hate to say it, but I bet 70% of the attorneys doing gun trusts don't really know what they are doing. Sad but true.

AZ,
Do you have a recommendation on a NC gun trust attorney?
Thanks.

I know Greg Herman-Giddens is in NC and drafts a really good. I don't think he is terribly cheap though. That's the only one I know in NC.

Quite a few people have no asked me for names of attorneys I recommend in different states and I am happy to help out and give names. I don't know attorneys in every state though. For states I don't know an attorney, I recommend National NFA Gun Trusts - it is a very good online trust generator. I have reviewed nearly every online gun trust there is (199trust.com, coyoterifleworks, nfafirearmstrust.com, guntrust.com, the firearmslawyers.com, silencershop.com, and many, many others) and I think that guntrust.guru trusts are much better, in my opinion. Of course, I am a big believer in getting an attorney created trust IF you are looking for more than just avoidance of CLEO signature. A good gun trust can do so much more. And truth be told, the online National NFA Gun Trusts trusts actually do a lot of that stuff.

az I went with the silence shop trust, any benefits I'll be missing or any other details on how it would hurt? Fill us in on all a gun trust can do, the ins and outs.

I just used there trust, It was easy to do. Just pay fill some stuff out and they send you back a PDF file to download and print. then go get it notericed (sp) and your ready to go. My next round of can buying will be thru them.

I just did mine through 199trust.com

It was simple and easy. Got my PDF back in less than 24 hours. For the price they are great. There are plenty of people around the net using them and have no problems with their NFA items.